Andy Considine

16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

That him who fell out the window and who's grave Cormack was photographed at?

Why were folk applauding his birthday?

Yes and yes.

His mother was asking for it on social media - more than likely the first birthday or event since his death where something could be done due to no fans at the time of the incident. No issue with it but hopefully a one off event rather than an annual thing which nobody else gets. 

38 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Yes and yes.

His mother was asking for it on social media - more than likely the first birthday or event since his death where something could be done due to no fans at the time of the incident. No issue with it but hopefully a one off event rather than an annual thing which nobody else gets. 

Gotcha

I'm nae a fan of this applause shite. What made him so special that he gets a minutes applause. 

Done now though and shouldn't be repeated like you say.

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Gotcha

I'm nae a fan of this applause shite. What made him so special that he gets a minutes applause. 

Done now though and shouldn't be repeated like you say.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

I'm of the same opinion. Where do you draw the line?

3rded.

1 hour ago, redone said:

Round the outline of the body 

?

Take a bow reedeen.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:28 AM, beef_sister said:

Ross McRorie played a handful of games at a young age for Rangers, so what is your point? McRorie has the potential to be a far better footballer than Considine was so i don't understand what your getting at

Potential is subjective.

Even at 34 most would have preferred a healthy Considine to play v Qarabag instead of a 23 year old McCrorie.

Anyway, I just picked McCrorie off the top of my head. (Considine has been better than Bates, too.)

Starfelt, then. Ambrose... You can't say Celtic haven't had their bombscares.

A few years.... I never knew we were going back a decade, Apologies.

I never went back a decade. (Sevco haven't been around that long.)

Sevco, despite having the second largest budget in the league for their entire 9 year history, have only one trophy to show for it.

Considine wouldn't have looked out of place in any of their sides was my point.

And what about Celtic's central defenders last season?

As bad as they were they still ende dup above us in the league and conceded less goals.

We split Sevco and Celtic twice 'over the last few years' (but we're not talking about where teams finished. We're talking about a specific player.)

Aye he never let Scotland down in the 3 games, That's a given, but he was bombed out at the soonest opportunity when we Scotland had there established centre halves fit. 

Considine should have been called up 5 years ago. Not his fault he wasn't selected by Strachan, or whoever.

You'll never convince me that hes a good footballer...

Not trying to. Just giving my opinion.

Good pro yes. Footballer, afraid not

We disagree.

Andy Considine is a very good footballer.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha

"Very good footballer "

Behave 

How could he play 560 games for Aberdeen and be selected to a Scotland squad (and starting XI) that qualified for our first tournament in 23 years without being a very good footballer?

Why did we (knowledgeable fans) think, after the goal in Baku, "Andy would have dealt with that"?

And why, after McCrorie gave away the second in the return leg, did we (knowledgeable fans) think "wish Andy was playing instead"?

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

How could he play 560 games for Aberdeen and be selected to a Scotland squad (and starting XI) that qualified for our first tournament in 23 years without being a very good footballer?

Why did we (knowledgeable fans) think, after the goal in Baku, "Andy would have dealt with that"?

And why, after McCrorie gave away the second in the return leg, did we (knowledgeable fans) think "wish Andy was playing instead"?

Lolz

it's a shame that he's suffered the injury he has, but considine is a very poor footballer. Consistently makes the same mistakes over and over again. 

22 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Regarding Scotland, do you think Gary Kenneth is a very good footballer? 

• Upvote 1

A bit of perspective to consider.

Big Andy has done very well to represent his home town team 500+ times and, belatedly, play for Scotland 3 times.

However in very big games that matter he can be exposed.

3 examples I can recall are:

a) the first half against Copenhagen in the 2008 group stages, when he was absolutely out of his depth.

b) the Scottish Cup semi final against QOS the same year, when the defence as a whole were terrible and slow.

c) the latter stages of the 2017 Scottish Cup Final when Andy's speed was fully exposed for Tims' winning goal.

Don't get me wrong the big man has boogied well over the years but reckon if we are truly going to improve going forwards then Andy, Hayes and McGinn will require to be used more sparingly. They are, unfortunately, becoming more of a liability the older they get.

51 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Just to prove that I’m sympathetic to the lad but that doesn’t exempt him from criticism...

he’s far too “handsey” and getting worse/more obvious.

Wouldn’t disagree on that point. I think he takes the unnecessary risk of doing that in our penalty box too often , but I don’t think he does it over and over again like DD1903 said

26 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

For example -

Caught out of position...diving in, allowing players to waltz around him. 

Hard to either agree or disagree without having specific examples to consider. I’d imagine though that just about every decent defender has been guilty of these mistakes from time to time. I don’t think Considine has to the extent that you think he has.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Just to prove that I’m sympathetic to the lad but that doesn’t exempt him from criticism...

he’s far too “handsey” and getting worse/more obvious.

I've noticed this too. Gives away a lot of needless free kicks. 

Imo a decent servant but he's not good enough. I can't see how he can return from this injury all things considered. 

19 minutes ago, redone said:

Hard to either agree or disagree without having specific examples to consider. I’d imagine though that just about every decent defender has been guilty of these mistakes from time to time. I don’t think Considine has to the extent that you think he has.

Off the top of my head.

Vs killie - Greg Stewart skinned him as he flew in for the tackle like a 9 year. 

im sure Andy C is a lovely guy. I just think he's not very good as a footballer

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Off the top of my head.

Vs killie - Greg Stewart skinned him as he flew in for the tackle like a 9 year. 

im sure Andy C is a lovely guy. I just think he's not very good as a footballer

I reckon that was more an example of him allowing an opponent to waltz round him.  

Almost 3 years ago ,though. I’d have thought you’d be able to come up with more recent examples seeing as he makes these mistakes over and over again. 

That said , that is very recent compared to Woody21’s examples from 2008 

Strange, the guy's out for months, possibly will struggle to get back into the team as a result of the injury, his age and our team development, yet people want to go back over his career to be negative.

Lets look at this positively.

Hopefully: -

1) Andy goes on to make a full recovery

2) The team develop and advance such that we no longer need him to be such a stalwart.

3) We reward him at the end of the season with a testimonial and a coaching role. Sunday May 15th would be the 18th anniversary since he made his debut with us (although we may have post split games then