Andy Considine

14 minutes ago, redone said:

I reckon that was more an example of him allowing an opponent to waltz round him.  

Almost 3 years ago ,though. I’d have thought you’d be able to come up with more recent examples seeing as he makes these mistakes over and over again. 

That said , that is very recent compared to Woody21’s examples from 2008 

Well, seeing as the point I made was that he's made similar mistakes for most of his career, examples going back a few years are quite relevant. No? 

The example I gave above was around the half way line, Stewart had his back to our goal, considine jumped in, allowing Stewart to simply turn and make his way to goal. Where he scored. 

Ultimately, you'll never agree that he's pish, and I'll never agree he's any good (as he isn't). 

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

A bit of perspective to consider.

Big Andy has done very well to represent his home town team 500+ times and, belatedly, play for Scotland 3 times.

However in very big games that matter he can be exposed.

3 examples I can recall are:

a) the first half against Copenhagen in the 2008 group stages, when he was absolutely out of his depth.

b) the Scottish Cup semi final against QOS the same year, when the defence as a whole were terrible and slow.

c) the latter stages of the 2017 Scottish Cup Final when Andy's speed was fully exposed for Tims' winning goal.

Don't get me wrong the big man has boogied well over the years but reckon if we are truly going to improve going forwards then Andy, Hayes and McGinn will require to be used more sparingly. They are, unfortunately, becoming more of a liability the older they get.

A) we didn’t concede in that game and won 4-0 so it’s a total irrelevance.

B) If it wasn’t for Considine we would have been even further humiliated, what a daft attempt at a point

C) Not sure that was the case tbh 

Thats really clutching at straws if you can only come up with one vaguely tangible example. As much as I agree that he should not be relied upon any further he’s been an exceptional servant to AFC.

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Off the top of my head.

Vs killie - Greg Stewart skinned him as he flew in for the tackle like a 9 year. 

im sure Andy C is a lovely guy. I just think he's not very good as a footballer

Scott Brown has also been skinned and made to look like an amateur a few times this season already. If all you can think of is one tackle from about ten years ago then you are also grasping at straws here.

Considine is admittedly limited, but he's far from terrible in a league like the SPFL, which is why he's been an ever-present. 

His time, whether through this injury or through just natural attrition owing to age, is coming to a close... and if we want to compete against the likes of even third rate European clubs like Qarabag, we need to be looking for a less traditionally Scottish defender/lummox, and upgrading to a younger, more mobile defender who is technically competent, and capable of playing balls out to the feet of midfielders or wide players, rather than just smashing it upfield with a 50/50 chance a red shirt will find it..

And that's not Ash fucking Taylor again. 

Considine has been more than decent in a pish league, though... but 'decent in a pish league' is exactly why we've won a single trophy, and not a very good trophy, in about a quarter of a century. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Considine is admittedly limited, but he's far from terrible in a league like the SPFL, which is why he's been an ever-present. 

His time, whether through this injury or through just natural attrition owing to age, is coming to a close... and if we want to compete against the likes of even third rate European clubs like Qarabag, we need to be looking for a less traditionally Scottish defender/lummox, and upgrading to a younger, more mobile defender who is technically competent, and capable of playing balls out to the feet of midfielders or wide players, rather than just smashing it upfield with a 50/50 chance a red shirt will find it..

And that's not Ash fucking Taylor again. 

Considine has been more than decent in a pish league, though... but 'decent in a pish league' is exactly why we've won a single trophy, and not a very good trophy, in about a quarter of a century. 

Yes, all we need is a young, mobile yet hard as a rock defender who is technically gifted and can pick a killer pass to our wide players ??‍♂️

Maybe we could sign Van Dijk with the Ferguson money we are getting?

6 minutes ago, the_shrimp said:

I really wonder sometime how much of this is brain rot and how much is trolling?

Considine has always gave his all for the club. 

Yes he has... Do you think the argument is that he's lazy or doesn't try? 

Darren Mackie's another player who 'gave his all for the club', until the last couple of seasons when he got fat and lost his only positive attribute, his pace. 

And Darren Mackie is another reason we've won next to fuck all in a quarter of a century. 

EDIT: I'll add the Youngs to that list of 'triers'

They'll try, bless them... but they're not going to win you much. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Scott Brown has also been skinned and made to look like an amateur a few times this season already. If all you can think of is one tackle from about ten years ago then you are also grasping at straws here.

We're not talking about scott brown. 

Fwiw the most memorable for me was him getting caught flat footed with Griffiths in front of the RDS and then thinking the best resolution (in front of the Celtic fans ffs) was to spin him by grabbing his arm.  Easily found on YouTube I’m sure.

I just add it to the number of times he was hung out to dry in the position and the better quality opposition, rather than fighting Big Lummox with Bigger Lummox instead cunningly used fancy-dan shit like technique, skill, pace and outright targeting of an obvious weak spot.  Cunning Bastards.

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Fwiw the most memorable for me was him getting caught flat footed with Griffiths in front of the RDS and then thinking the best resolution (in front of the Celtic fans ffs) was to spin him by grabbing his arm.  Easily found on YouTube I’m sure.

I just add it to the number of times he was hung out to dry in the position and the better quality opposition, rather than fighting Big Lummox with Bigger Lummox instead cunningly used fancy-dan shit like technique, skill, pace and outright targeting of an obvious weak spot.  Cunning Bastards.

For some reason I have it in my head he’s alright v pacey players and shite against big strong forwards. 

Maybe I’m dreaming 

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I’m making the point that no matter how good players are they are all capable of mistiming a tackle and being skinned. The fact that the best example of Considine not being very good was a mistimed tackle against Kilmarnock is hilarious.

Wasn't mistimed.  as I said, Off the top of my head, and stuck with me as it was fatty Stewart. Actually happened at least twice that game. Done it since plenty. 

Considine is no better than the likes of ash Taylor or zander diamond ever were. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Wasn't mistimed.  as I said, Off the top of my head, and stuck with me as it was fatty Stewart. Actually happened at least twice that game. Done it since plenty. 

Considine is no better than the likes of ash Taylor or zander diamond ever were. 

Taylor's second spell he was on about the same level as AC... reliably average.

I mean, if the point of a football club is nothing more than a bit of local entertainment of a weekend, then that's fine.

If you have high falutin' ideas of actually winning shit then that's not fine.

11 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Taylor's second spell he was on about the same level as AC... reliably average.

I mean, if the point of a football club is nothing more than a bit of local entertainment of a weekend, then that's fine.

If you have high falutin' ideas of actually winning shit then that's not fine.

I wouldn't dare get such silly notions 

On 8/30/2021 at 7:26 PM, DD1903 said:

Get real, Considine gave so much more to Aberdeen than Ash Taylor and Zander Diamond combined.

Sure Andy had his constraints which he was well aware of, but over the years he grew as a player and became a reliable player that was always available to put the shirt on and put his body on the line.

He blocked shots and pitched in with a number of goals as well. We don’t have another defender who has as yet shown the threat from set pieces that Andy gave us.

I so hope he makes a full recovery and pulls on the shirt once again, even if it is just a farewell appearance. He’ll do a cracking job as a coach as well.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Get real, Considine gave so much more to Aberdeen than Ash Taylor and Zander Diamond combined.

Sure Andy had his constraints which he was well aware of, but over the years he grew as a player and became a reliable player that was always available to put the shirt on and put his body on the line.

He blocked shots and pitched in with a number of goals as well. We don’t have another defender who has as yet shown the threat from set pieces that Andy gave us.

I so hope he makes a full recovery and pulls on the shirt once again, even if it is just a farewell appearance. He’ll do a cracking job as a coach as well.

The last sentence… that’s pure guesswork. You have nothing to base that on, other than sentiment. 

34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The last sentence… that’s pure guesswork. You have nothing to base that on, other than sentiment. 

Not at all. Ramsay (or was it McKenzie, I canna mind) himself has said that Considine came in and did a few youth training sessions and it was a great incentive one motivator for them.

As a young loon, trying to make your way in the game, why would you not listen and respect someone who has played over 500 times for the club

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Not at all. Ramsay (or was it McKenzie, I canna mind) himself has said that Considine came in and did a few youth training sessions and it was a great incentive one motivator for them.

As a young loon, trying to make your way in the game, why would you not listen and respect someone who has played over 500 times for the club

Hancock also commenting on Considine’s influence https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/09/03/preview-mason-hancock-feature/

• Upvote 2

Considine make me feel really old and shows the short lifespan of a career in football

I was changing career and at RGU gym when a very young Andy Considine just breaking through to the match squad - squad mind not team was warming up/exercising on a bike

run time on fast forward im still working on my second career - still shorter than the first and Considine is talking the possibility of retiring before I do - lifes unfair

Oh the day was wednesday btw ( I only went wednesdays and Sundays) typically an off day for the 1st team squad and he was in doing gym work