Andy Considine

21 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Embarrassing that our CH come LB come CH etc. can score 41 goals & we had a striker that played around 10 seasons & only scored 58.

Apart from getting the number of goals Considine scored wrong AND the number of goals Mackie scored incorrect,  you're probably correct. 

edit - wiki seems to have a different number of goals for Considine than afc heritage. Wikipedia seem to have missed 2 goals from the 2015 season (changed now). Still wrong for Mackie though

5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Apart from getting the number of goals Considine scored wrong AND the number of goals Mackie scored incorrect,  you're probably correct. 

edit - wiki seems to have a different number of goals for Considine than afc heritage. Still wrong for Mackie though

Surely you are trusting the heavenly afc heritage above wikipedia?? What a website

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Surely you are trusting the heavenly afc heritage above wikipedia?? What a website

i checked both, but took took the wrong one. The season wiki page had Considine down for 3 goals, but only 1 in his actual page. Shambles....

The AFC heritage page needs work though tbh. You hover over one of the top tabs and the menu appears at the top left hand side, which means you move your mouse to click an option and it disappears. 

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

edit - wiki seems to have a different number of goals for Considine than afc heritage. Wikipedia seem to have missed 2 goals from the 2015 season (changed now). Still wrong for Mackie though

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

i checked both, but took took the wrong one. The season wiki page had Considine down for 3 goals, but only 1 in his actual page. Shambles....

The AFC heritage page needs work though tbh. You hover over one of the top tabs and the menu appears at the top left hand side, which means you move your mouse to click an option and it disappears. 

I went on soccerbase cos wiki is the worst of all. Soccerbase has Considine on 41 goals in all comps & pro reader on 58

• 3 weeks later...

He deserves a better ending to his Dons career than being carted off the pitch with a bad knee injury.

He should be looked at as a solid backup option when he returns, possibly a starter if we ever switch to a back 3. Realistically, he'll probably walk back into the squad as our best CB unless Bates and/or Gallagher improve significantly.

Wonder what Considine makes of all that's going on just now. I hope they get him on RedTV for commentary in one of the games. I remember one of the matches he commentated on last year when McInnes was still in charge he was having a go at some of the tactics and substitutions etc. He's a fan, and he's honest - would be good to hear his take on things. He must be frustrated when he sees crap like Gallagher coming in and showing no effort.

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Wonder what Considine makes of all that's going on just now. I hope they get him on RedTV for commentary in one of the games. I remember one of the matches he commentated on last year when McInnes was still in charge he was having a go at some of the tactics and substitutions etc. He's a fan, and he's honest - would be good to hear his take on things. He must be frustrated when he sees crap like Gallagher coming in and showing no effort.

He must be bitter Gallagher got to experience going to Euro 2020 and yessirIcanboogiemania ahead of him. Nowhere near as good as Considine on current form or across the last 10 years

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He must be bitter Gallagher got to experience going to Euro 2020 and yessirIcanboogiemania ahead of him. Nowhere near as good as Considine on current form or across the last 10 years

That's the difference between the two though - Considine probably isn't bitter (disappointed no doubt), he just seemed to be so grateful that he eventually got called up and he played well when he got the opportunity - he knows he's not the greatest player in the world but he loves the club (and country) and gives 110% every game. Gallagher comes across as someone who thinks he's much better than he really is, the way he strolls about and doesn't seem to care.

27 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He is a far better defender than Gallagher that's for sure.

He'd have probably collected a couple more caps in recent years if it wasn't for Tierney shifting into his preferred position on the left of a back 3.