Andy Considine

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Back on the subject of Andrew Considine….it’s definitely between him and David Bates who has the worst concentration levels as a central defender. Bates has time on his side and by that reckoning Considine is literally fucked.

Considine has most likely played his last match for the Dons so good luck in your future employment Andy. 

Considine has the worst concentration levels? Out of who? Just him and bates?

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

Considine has the worst concentration levels? Out of who? Just him and bates?

Considine has absolutely terrible concentration levels and this has always hindered his career. 
A nice fella granted, but a bombscare especially in bigger matches throughout his time with the Dons. He probably suffers from not having a good education plus heading the ball over the years couldn’t have helped one bit.

He is lucky he is a local lad, otherwise he would have been punted long ago. He has mainly throughout his career been stuck in the shadow of other central defenders. All of them obviously had more about them and manager’s must have thought their concentration levels were better. 

3 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Considine has absolutely terrible concentration levels and this has always hindered his career. 
A nice fella granted, but a bombscare especially in bigger matches throughout his time with the Dons. He probably suffers from not having a good education plus heading the ball over the years couldn’t have helped one bit.

He is lucky he is a local lad, otherwise he would have been punted long ago. He has mainly throughout his career been stuck in the shadow of other central defenders. All of them obviously had more about them and manager’s must have thought their concentration levels were better. 

If he’s such a bombscare, especially in big matches, then I assume you’ll easily manage to list say, 5 examples of this?

Edit: QOTS doesn’t count as everyone was terrible that day and Considine at least got a couple goals 

26 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

If he’s such a bombscare, especially in big matches, then I assume you’ll easily manage to list say, 5 examples of this?

Edit: QOTS doesn’t count as everyone was terrible that day and Considine at least got a couple goals 

Have a look back at matches against say Celtic. Cup finals, semi’s, league matches etc and you will see him make a host of mistakes. Trust me when I say it will be a lot more than 5 matches and that’s just the 1 team.

I don't think concentration is the 'problem' with consi. He does make mistakes (who doesn't?) but overall he is more reliable than others. His pace is lacking so if he does fuck up he can't recover. 

He is a stabilizing force and underrated. 

Overall I think he has been let down by the team rather than the other way around. If Aberdeen could have actually got a game together last season he may have made the Scotland squad.

When he was injured I thought it was a career ender, but I'm more optimistic now. I'd love to see him back in a red jersey.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

He probably suffers from not having a good education plus heading the ball over the years couldn’t have helped one bit.

He talks pretty well for an uneducated loon. He comes across as a very grounded and a smart enough fella to me.

If this is bait, well done, but some of your posts are absolutely ridiculous and really embarrassing. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Have a look back at matches against say Celtic. Cup finals, semi’s, league matches etc and you will see him make a host of mistakes. Trust me when I say it will be a lot more than 5 matches and that’s just the 1 team.

I’d say against Celtic it’s not the fact he lost concentration it’s more he is pretty slow and the player he would be up against was predominately james forrest who’s only good point as a footballer was he was pretty fast 

Experience has benefitted Consi greatly past few seasons and has some real memorable moments for us, good and bad.

Reckon he's the slowest player to turn direction and sprint I've seen barring maybe Jeffrey de Vischer though. Moves like he's in quicksand. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Sonic said:

Reckon he's the slowest player to turn direction and sprint I've seen barring maybe Jeffrey de Vischer though. Moves like he's in quicksand. 

He was never the quickest and that is nature’s law. It’s his concentration levels that always let him down. Very often letting the team down because he switched off. 
Nice lad though.

11 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Actually this is a Afc supporters forum, not a fishing expedition by idiots like you 

Just my humble opinion of the player. I can’t help the reaction caused by my criticism of his concentration levels. I have said I like the guy. I think he is finished though….maybe make a decent manager as long as he gets a very clever assistant in to do the tactical work etc.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Just my humble opinion of the player. I can’t help the reaction caused by my criticism of his concentration levels. I have said I like the guy. I think he is finished though….maybe make a decent manager as long as he gets a very clever assistant in to do the tactical work etc.

Still can’t help a pointless dig at the end, typical 

Yeah, if only Considine had the concentration levels of the likes of Berra who can read the news paper whilst defending.

Remember that time he forgot there was a game going on & he was busy waving at the fans in the south stand with Angus the bull & the other team scored.

Or the time he was busy watching the hawk chasing scurries & the other team scored

Those were memorable times

Red John, do you wake up every day and think “why don’t I bore the tits off everyone else on the AFC message board by posting effectively the same message over and over and over again”. Because that is what you do. We all know your opinion of Considine. We don’t need it rammed down our throats repeatedly. Give it a rest, please.

• Upvote 2