Andy Considine

17 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

You are hardly riveting you wind up merchant dick muncher

What a ridiculous statement 

12 minutes ago, NEM said:

Stop quoting the cunt and he goes away. It’s quite simple 

As top poster I have brought a bit life to this place over the last year or so. My opinion (which is usually factual based and 100 percent spot on) with some matters might not be popular but nonetheless it’s worth putting out there for educational reasons. Every day is a learning day for some of you when I post. Start taking notes.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree with the 2nd sentence, but potentially when he tries to step it up to match level, it could be career ending if he finds he’s not up to it.

I know it was 30 years ago but Willie Miller was the same. He tried to play a few games after a bad knee injury at roughly the same age, and his knee wasn’t up to it 

I would like to see Considine play at least once more for the Dons

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I know it was 30 years ago but Willie Miller was the same. He tried to play a few games after a bad knee injury at roughly the same age, and his knee wasn’t up to it 

?

He got injured in WC qualifier v Norway, I think, at Hampden. Nov 89.

The month after leading us to victory there and lifting his last trophy / trophies as Dons legend against the Deady Bears.

I don't think he played at all remainder of 89/90 season.

Made an abortive comeback that lasted one game at the start of the next season, ironically, also at Hampden v QP in the LC.

?

23 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

?

He got injured in WC qualifier v Norway, I think, at Hampden. Nov 89.

The month after leading us to victory there and lifting his last trophy / trophies as Dons legend against the Deady Bears.

I don't think he played at all remainder of 89/90 season.

Made an abortive comeback that lasted one game at the start of the next season, ironically, also at Hampden v QP in the LC.

?

Remember the Queens Park game.

Was sad to see our best ever player looking so stiff, wooden & lacking mobility.

He obviously knew the game was up 

Considine may never be able to come back to full fitness after this & only be used sparingly so I doubt he will be able to be played at CH in many more games (certainly not as LB)  but he will be a handy enough player from bench as back up. Far more so than Devlin for example & he can also be used coming on later in game if we are chasing them & are trying to throw all forward. 
One of the best back post attackers from set pieces we have had in a long time. Clearly learned how to attack a header from Russel Anderson, only difference is that after about his second broken nose, Anderson didn’t give a fk about his looks & was literally a ‘heid first’ player for most of his career 

11 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Hopefully Considine can get himself back in the pitch as soon as possible….with Kilmarnock. C’mon Del, get it done!

He can take Dean Campbell with him. A move to Kilmarnock will do the lad the world of good.

Why do you always single out Campbell when we have utter dross in the likes of McLennan and Kennedy? Very strange?, it’s as if the boy Campbell has knocked you back for a winch and your really upset about it?, is that it?

Plenty of fish in the sea bud, you will lose the 30 year old virgin moniker eventually, no need to be bitter 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Why do you always single out Campbell when we have utter dross in the likes of McLennan and Kennedy? Very strange?, it’s as if the boy Campbell has knocked you back for a winch and your really upset about it?, is that it?

Plenty of fish in the sea bud, you will lose the 30 year old virgin moniker eventually, no need to be bitter 

Believe it or not I am trying to help the young lad out. He needs game time and Kilmarnock under McInnes could help him. He will certainly need to prepare for a scrap in that league so it should serve him well. 
McLennan definitely needs to do things better so as suggested previously by myself a loan would be good for him also. 
Kennedy looks finished in all honesty. His time at Aberdeen is up.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Believe it or not I am trying to help the young lad out. He needs game time and Kilmarnock under McInnes could help him. He will certainly need to prepare for a scrap in that league so it should serve him well. 
McLennan definitely needs to do things better so as suggested previously by myself a loan would be good for him also. 

How would McInnes long ball philosophy help a centre mid bypassed by the ball 100ft in the air sailing over his head help him in his career?.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Likewise, I think campbell would benefit from a good sustained run of first team fitba elsewhere, whether in a team scrapping relegation on the SPL or one fighting for promotion near the top of the Championship. Merits of both.

coming up for 21 soon, so there’s time, but I think it would be better sooner than later. I think he’s got the talent.

memory may well be playing tricks on me, but I think he’s been close to half-season loans a couple of times in the past, but injuries in our squad have countered against that happening. 

pretty much the same for McLennan but less sure he’s really got it for the level we should really be operating at.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Likewise, I think campbell would benefit from a good sustained run of first team fitba elsewhere, whether in a team scrapping relegation on the SPL or one fighting for promotion near the top of the Championship. Merits of both.

coming up for 21 soon, so there’s time, but I think it would be better sooner than later. I think he’s got the talent.

memory may well be playing tricks on me, but I think he’s been close to half-season loans a couple of times in the past, but injuries in our squad have countered against that happening. 

pretty much the same for McLennan but less sure he’s really got it for the level we should really be operating at.

I honestly think it is a confidence problem with McLennan. The lad has ability but is doing all the wrong things and is far too negative the majority of time when he has the ball. If he would stop playing it back and just quickly knock it past his opponent it would serve him better. A loan would be beneficial.

Campbell isn’t going to get a run of games…he’s currently surplus to requirements as a midfielder and is getting used as a utility player which isn’t really helping him. 
If they go out on loan and do well it could save the club a few quid in the long run…it might just benefit everyone.