Andy Considine

3 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I fear that it's the beginning of the end for Andy,  he may make a return but will always be hesitant in future if he does play again, and that in itself can cause injury

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and plays a season or even a half season before calling it quits.

It's pure guesswork though. So many factors. You can't dictate how your body heals.

2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

He's a decent player who is on par with a lot of players that Rangers and Celtic have used on a regular basis. 

Could we get better? Of course we could but it could be more miss than hit on our budget.

He's not the best but he's certainly not "awful".

Not a chance he is on par im afraid, Take off the red tinted specs and what you have is a disticnctly average centre half, who in my opinion is lucky to have played the amount of games that he has for us

No denying he's obviously a good pro, but to say the 2 arseholes centre halves over the years are considine standard is blatant lies

• Upvote 1

Get well soon - far too early to write his epitaph - he's not the greatest ever but his heart and soul are a match for anyone on the pitch... whilst some say he was lucky to have his career here we have also been lucky to have him and at times he's been our best striker too

... but we do need cover in the centre of defence

• Upvote 1

Consi squeezed the absolute maximum out of his talent and should be applauded for it. 

Tried his best at left back for years when asked to play there. I'm sure he'd rather have been playing centre back if he had the option. 

Getting a handful of caps towards the end was the icing on the cake. 

Hopefully this isn't a career ender and he can get back and play a few games before his contract ends. 

Bottom line though is that had centre back recruitment been better in the last few years we wouldn't be in this mess, having to replace a 34 year old centre back who a regular in the first team at short notice. If recruitment had been right he'd have been cover by now rather than first choice. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Consi squeezed the absolute maximum out of his talent and should be applauded for it. 

Tried his best at left back for years when asked to play there. I'm sure he'd rather have been playing centre back if he had the option. 

Getting a handful of caps towards the end was the icing on the cake. 

Hopefully this isn't a career ender and he can get back and play a few games before his contract ends. 

Bottom line though is that had centre back recruitment been better in the last few years we wouldn't be in this mess, having to replace a 34 year old centre back who a regular in the first team at short notice. If recruitment had been right he'd have been cover by now rather than first choice. 

That is true, I think most on here said it was ridiculous that we were going into the season with a nearly finished Considine and one other recognised centre half. It’s astounding that we are in this situation.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

He is absolutely awful so as sad as it is for him, if this is what it takes to finally get him out the team, then that's the silver lining from a purely black and white perspective with the emotion taken out of it

Usually a big fan of your fishing MT, but didn't enjoy this effort. Post better.

• Upvote 5
51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Sorry to hear that

Im being serious though

If this is what it takes to flush him away, fine

This is exactly what I would expect from someone who’s attended maybe a handful of Aberdeen games in his entire life and just got his first season ticket. If you don’t get it now you never will. I suspect you don’t care though, just desperate for people to notice you on the internet and I’m a bit annoyed I’ve given you the attention now.

A beige, zero-pointer fucking tourist.

• Upvote 8

Gutted for him. Was very possibly going to be his last full season, but to get an injury as bad as this must take his career closer to its end. 

No world beater, but not awful neither. Every time he put on the red shirt he gave his absolute all. The delight on is face when he scored the opener this season with crowds back showed how much AFC means to him. 

All the best Andy. 

23 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Gutted for him. Was very possibly going to be his last full season, but to get an injury as bad as this must take his career closer to its end. 

No world beater, but not awful neither. Every time he put on the red shirt he gave his absolute all. The delight on is face when he scored the opener this season with crowds back showed how much AFC means to him. 

All the best Andy. 

He loves the club and the fans, he gives 100% every game. Very few players like that, especially in modern football.

• Upvote 5
8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He loves the club and the fans, he gives 100% every game. Very few players like that, especially in modern football.

I agree with all that, but this should be seen as the opportunity to sign his long-term replacement.

A cruciate knee injury for a player who’s 35 on his next birthday means this could be his last season. 

You could argue he should’ve been seen as a good back up this season anyway. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree with all that, but this should be seen as the opportunity to sign his long-term replacement.

A cruciate knee injury for a player who’s 35 on his next birthday means this could be his last season. 

You could argue he should’ve been seen as a good back up this season anyway. 

It should definitely be the catalyst to sign a reliable centre half. It should have been done before now though.

42 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

All the best Andy. 

I wish the lad no harm and hope he has a more successful career as a coach than he did as a player. I might even start warming to him if he ever takes the management job at our club. He clearly loves the Dons so deserves some respect.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Sorry to hear that

Im being serious though

If this is what it takes to flush him away, fine

I know you're usually posting this sort of thing for a reaction, but that's a pretty shitty comment to fire in the direction of a player who has only ever tried his best for the club he loves.

He's never been my favourite player, I've berated him often enough and certainly has his limitations, but rather than pull Considine up on his shortcomings, why not ask yourself why he was constantly picked, even by the likes of your precious McInnes. They must have seen something in him that we didn't see.

This will more than likely spell the end for Considine as cruciates are a fucker as I well know.

All the best Consi.

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

My precious mcinnes?

Grow up

It's the truth

With the nostalgia and emotion removed from it, he is absolutely shite and one match away from a howler 

Trying hard is what the likes of caley should aspire to

Like it or lump it

Again, spoken like someone with zero connection to the club or fans. Someone with fuck all experience of AFC. You could be an Ipswich fan for all that it matters.

A truly hollow “supporter”.

• Upvote 3