Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Andy Considine

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Andy back doing some light jogging at Cormack Park today, going by the video he's just posted on Instagram. 

I'd guess he's potentially targeting a return at the end of January after the winter break? 

I'm surprised he's not been on RED TV more - I thought he was always quite good - better than that Willie Garner we seem to be getting every other week at the moment.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'm surprised he's not been on RED TV more - I thought he was always quite good - better than that Willie Garner we seem to be getting every other week at the moment.

Probably nae a good idea whilst recovering from a knee injury to be stood up in that gantry for RedTV.

If he’s back running, then that’s astonishing and he’ll need to make sure he still gets plenty of rest when not training.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, RED_JOHN said:

With the praise and love he gets for being a very mediocre player at best then he will be an absolute hero as a manager. Give him the job….being on the pitch is a thing of the past for him now.

Admittedly, he’s not Paulo Maldini, however, my own view is that If he’s  been fit and playing we would have lost materially fewer goals than we have in his absence. Great servant to the club, consistent in his performance for the most part, scores goals and has the experience required to better marshall the younger lads. 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

Admittedly, he’s not Paulo Maldini, however, my own view is that If he’s  been fit and playing we would have lost materially fewer goals than we have in his absence. Great servant to the club, consistent in his performance for the most part, scores goals and has the experience required to better marshall the younger lads. 

That’s the thing about Considine….he likes looking after the young lads.

• Upvote 1
Just now, afc1903mad said:

The amount of shite you speak, if you’ve blood in your stool, you ought to get it checked out

Don’t tell me you are another who is checking out my health. I am a very fit guy, don’t worry about me. Have a look in the mirror and see if you recognise what you are looking at. Do it naked if you must, but this time please only keep it indoors as the staff at the lingerie department at Marks and Spencer are still recovering from their first transgender sighting.

20 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Probably nae a good idea whilst recovering from a knee injury to be stood up in that gantry for RedTV.

If he’s back running, then that’s astonishing and he’ll need to make sure he still gets plenty of rest when not training.

Yeah, but he could've done the co-commentary which i assume is done sitting down. 

Hope he gets back to full fitness soon - maybe get himself in the world cup squad next year to round off his career! 

20 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Willie Garner is a fucking joke 

Almost pishing himself for Ramirez goal saying he was offside.... Sooner they bin the cunt  from Redtv the better

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I know where your coming from, But when you have to rely on a 34yr old cart horse to plug a leaky defence it shows how bad we actually have been at the back

2 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Almost pishing himself for Ramirez goal saying he was offside.... Sooner they bin the cunt  from Redtv the better

What do we want though? 

Do we want a sycophant or someone who is able to be a bit more objective? 

I'd prefer the latter.  Whether that's Garner or someone else. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What do we want though? 

Do we want a sycophant or someone who is able to be a bit more objective? 

I'd prefer the latter.  Whether that's Garner or someone else. 

I'd rather have someone i enjoy listening to

Shinie and Mcdermid were sycophants and we got rid of them thankfully. Garner just comes across as a bit of a miserable cunt, 

Another one from the weekend was a chance Jenks had in the second half. Cracking through ball with a defender closing him down so he takes the touch and gets the shot away. Garner starts bleating about how his touch took him wide (it never, he played it in front of him to get an extra yard of space then put it across the keeper and it stopped just short of the line with the rain). He must have reiterated it a few times in the replays even though you can see he never made a cunt of it like Garner was professing

He's not being objective in my eyes, Has it in for certain players and can't see past it,

He can get to fuck in my opinion./ Plenty better options out there to do the co commentary

• Upvote 2
Just now, beef_sister said:

I'd rather have someone i enjoy listening to

Shinie and Mcdermid were sycophants and we got rid of them thankfully. Garner just comes across as a bit of a miserable cunt, 

Another one from the weekend was a chance Jenks had in the second half. Cracking through ball with a defender closing him down so he takes the touch and gets the shot away. Garner starts bleating about how his touch took him wide (it never, he played it in front of him to get an extra yard of space then put it across the keeper and it stopped just short of the line with the rain). He must have reiterated it a few times in the replays even though you can see he never made a cunt of it like Garner was professing

He's not being objective in my eyes, Has it in for certain players and can't see past it,

He can get to fuck in my opinion./ Plenty better options out there to do the co commentary

So what is the balance that you want? 

He slags off Jet for being lazy all the time and no one objects to that.  So is it only certain players he's allowed to criticise? 

I think it's better having someone that is capable of being critical when necessary.  Otherwise we're no better than the Huns 

He was having a go at Scott Brown in the Euro games when he was our best player for fuck sake?

Of course you want them to be objective but i'd far rather they were interesting as well as being objective since their remit is to give you an analysis of the game along with keepinh you interested. He is a dullard who needs taken off air IMO. 

20 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Not certain we would have lost significantly less goals with Considine in the team as, we have lost a lot of goals through individual mistakes some of which will still have happened

I do think the 8 Players in the 6 yard box that move out and the moves that free up for the back post ball would have see the Goals for column being  significantly increased with Considine causing issues in the crowd or escaping to freedom at the back post where considine is pretty deadly

When you look at the table that could have made a huge difference

15 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

He was having a go at Scott Brown in the Euro games when he was our best player for fuck sake?

Of course you want them to be objective but i'd far rather they were interesting as well as being objective since their remit is to give you an analysis of the game along with keepinh you interested. He is a dullard who needs taken off air IMO. 

Understood min.

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So what is the balance that you want? 

He slags off Jet for being lazy all the time and no one objects to that.  So is it only certain players he's allowed to criticise? 

I think it's better having someone that is capable of being critical when necessary.  Otherwise we're no better than the Huns 

Critical when necessary and warranted is fine.

Surely the Jenks  situation is a prime example where he was critical when he didn’t need to be and should have been more positive

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Indeed. I liked him to start with, chatting awa at the beach end podium pre-match, HT and post-match.
But since he;s been side kick for commentator during the match...

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What do we want though? 

Some cunt that disnae waflle horrific and unrelenting shite through the hale matchand at wholly innoportune moments.

That would dee.

He's fucking tragic min.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Indeed. I liked him to start with, chatting awa at the beach end podium pre-match, HT and post-match.
But since he;s been side kick for commentator during the match...

Some cunt that disnae waflle horrific and unrelenting shite through the hale matchand at wholly innoportune moments.

That would dee.

He's fucking tragic min.

Aye he's better in the pre match and half time chat for sure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s to honest & not sacred to slate managers calls as he did a few times regarding Mcinnes 

Willie Garner is great on RedTV. He is the best by a mile on it. Says what he thinks and dishes out the criticism that few others would. Who wants to listen to a boring happy clapper like Stuart Duff? 

• Haha 1

Back on the subject of Andrew Considine….it’s definitely between him and David Bates who has the worst concentration levels as a central defender. Bates has time on his side and by that reckoning Considine is literally fucked.

Considine has most likely played his last match for the Dons so good luck in your future employment Andy.