Glass

Guest milne_afc
8 hours ago, ebbe said:

Time all you apparent dons fans got behind the man. I’m fucking embarrassed to be associated with the self entitlement of folk. The man is a breath of fresh air. Up the fucking dons.

What a load of rubbish. The man is a puppet for that Yank/Garthdee bag of wind.

54 minutes ago, Roberto said:

If he had been backed by Cormack 3 weeks ago, and we had brought in 1 of the recent 3 signings AND a CB, I don't think we would be sitting in the position we are this afternoon.

Cormack tried to do it on the cheap and it has cost Glass.

He needed to back the man and now it's come too late.

Pissed off but not at Glass.

McCrorie isn't a CB and hadn't been since game 1 but yet there has been fuck all else.

I'll say again, Scottish Cup and League it'll be once the squad is bonded together and we have the correct balance that was obvious wasn't there weeks ago.

I think we would have got beat last night regardless of Bates, Longstaff and Watkins being involved. League cup on the other hand...

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

It was poor to not bring in anyone before the PO round deadline.

I can understand winging it with the three defenders (Consi not injured until after the deadline) but it was criminal to not get someone extra attacking wise before the deadline.

It's a strange one.  The only explanation is that we've only accepted a fee for Ferguson in the last week or so. 

It's not like we would realistically have got bigger names than the three coming in even if we had made the groups.  And clearly the wheels have been in motion on these guys for at least a week. 

2 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Agreed - but we might at least have gone down swinging

I don't think the 3 signings would have made any difference to the result last night. They were in second gear and won with ease. Gutted about the league cup however. Competition we should still have been in and had a real chance of beating anyone in a one off game!

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

It was poor to not bring in anyone before the PO round deadline.

I can understand winging it with the three defenders (Consi not injured until after the deadline) but it was criminal to not get someone extra attacking wise before the deadline.

Maybe they were  trying to get them in before,but nowadays these fucking agents rule the roost trying to get better deals elsewhere..

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

If he had been backed by Cormack 3 weeks ago, and we had brought in 1 of the recent 3 signings AND a CB, I don't think we would be sitting in the position we are this afternoon.

Cormack tried to do it on the cheap and it has cost Glass.

He needed to back the man and now it's come too late.

Pissed off but not at Glass.

McCrorie isn't a CB and hadn't been since game 1 but yet there has been fuck all else.

I'll say again, Scottish Cup and League it'll be once the squad is bonded together and we have the correct balance that was obvious wasn't there weeks ago.

Agreed. I think Cormack is using his puppet as the fall guy but gave ok for this latest 3 signings in panic to quell backlash 

The Central defensive situation was a fkn embarrassment even before it got to the desperation levels after Considine injury & Cormack fkn knows it but he was like Milne on the purse strings there & gambling on Glass blagging his way into groups

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed. I think Cormack is using his puppet as the fall guy but gave ok for this latest 3 signings in panic to quell backlash 

The Central defensive situation was a fkn embarrassment even before it got to the desperation levels after Considine injury & Cormack fkn knows it but he was like Milne on the purse strings there & gambling on Glass blagging his way into groups

Bollox

Some of these transfers take weeks to get over the line.

Either the selling club or the players themselves are weighing up all the options open to them.

The transfer window is like a domino effect.

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Bollox

Either the selling club or the players themselves are weighing up all the options open to them.

They might take weeks for a player with a load of clubs interested in him. But if we look at the defensive situation we were obviously in the market for one at the start of the window because we held talks with Clark Robertson and he came up to Cormack Park. 

And now it's what 2 months later and we are only just now signing a defender that's been told since the end of last season to find a new club and been frozen out by Hamburg? We could have had Bates in the door weeks ago and up to speed by now. 

I hope we are still looking for another CH aswell. One isn't enough. 

• Upvote 1

Glass talked about an attacking philosophy, a possession based team and a stronger physical approach to matches. Why he has changed his tactics to play 1 up front a mile on his own and then let other teams do as they please without much pressure is ridiculous after mouthing off the previous. 
Another lesson learned hopefully but let’s be real and say this can’t keep continuing as we are looking powderpuff currently.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Bollox

Yeah yeah yeah keep telling yourself that & making up the imaginary excuses. 

Longstaff & Bates only became available yesterday aye? 

I see your bollox (cute but small) & raise you pishflaps 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

They might take weeks for a player with a load of clubs interested in him. But if we look at the defensive situation we were obviously in the market for one at the start of the window because we held talks with Clark Robertson and he came up to Cormack Park. 

And now it's what 2 months later and we are only just now signing a defender that's been told since the end of last season to find a new club and been frozen out by Hamburg? We could have had Bates in the door weeks ago and up to speed by now. 

I hope we are still looking for another CH aswell. One isn't enough. 

You never think that Hamurg were holding out for some stupid transfer fee or else Bates maybe holding out for bigger wages or to see who was interested in him.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

You never think that Hamurg were holding out for some stupid transfer fee or else Bates maybe holding out for bigger wages or to see who was interested in him.

Maybe he was waiting to see if St Johnstone made it to the groups & came to us since they didn’t 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah yeah yeah keep telling yourself that & making up the imaginary excuses. 

Longstaff & Bates only became available yesterday aye? 

I see your bollox (cute but small) & raise you pishflaps 

Do you understand the transfer system nowadays....Gone when you just went round someone's house and they signed...These agents hold everything up to the last minute looking for better deals and whatever to line their back pockets......How long did it take Manchester UTD to get that Sancho deal done...

• Haha 1