Glass

3 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Do you understand the transfer system nowadays....Gone when you just went round someone's house and they signed...These agents hold everything up to the last minute looking for better deals and whatever to line their back pockets......How long did it take Manchester UTD to get that Sancho deal done...

So what (in your opinion) changed in the couple of weeks leading up to this week & us going out of Europe that made these agents not continue holding things up until the last minute of the window?

you cannot try & condescendingly excuse our lackluster approach to defensive singings needed for euro qualifying by just pulling shite from thin air & hoping it works to suit.

we gambled & lost on the cheap. Simple as that. We never made a full fisted effort to get to the groups, where worst that would have happened was we still failed but had a stronger squad for rest of season. Regardless of cost. The gamble was blatantly required but we tried to bluff our way in with a shite hand in hope we would be dealt a better hand after

5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

You never think that Hamurg were holding out for some stupid transfer fee or else Bates maybe holding out for bigger wages or to see who was interested in him.

Chris Harvey suggesting that had we got through last night our top target was the Hamilton lad. With that not happening we signed Bates today. 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Eh?, so if we got millions our top target was a young boy from relegated championship Hamilton?. But the fact we never won puts us out of the relegated championship players reach?. If that’s what is said then that’s depressing. Top 100 club eh.

According to good old George Burnett it’s the young lad we are signing on Monday. 

• 1 month later...

The man has to go. He doesn’t have the dressing room or the ability. The players know it. He was brought in as Cormack’s own man to progress the American links, and create million pound players from local loons, but it isn’t going to work. Cormack may have made millions in IT but he knows little about winning football games. We need an arse-kicker. Bring in Davie Robertson.

9 hours ago, Dick Pullar said:

The man has to go. He doesn’t have the dressing room or the ability. The players know it. He was brought in as Cormack’s own man to progress the American links, and create million pound players from local loons, but it isn’t going to work. Cormack may have made millions in IT but he knows little about winning football games. We need an arse-kicker. Bring in Davie Robertson.

cuntin handy for you that just after your post he was linked with the job. you must be chuffed

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

1 year rolling

Thanks TC

Im wondering if, in the back of DC’s mind he already knows it’s nae happening or ever will with Glass in charge and he’ll be relieved of his duties in March. 
DC then looks like he’s a loyal, man of his word type bloke who gave Glass a fair crack o the whip. 

very similar to McInnes’s last transfer window he had with us, where It was only short term loan deals that came through the door(Hornby, Kamberi etc)

The recent signing of Vincente would contradict the above, but if he’s been signed as a long term project to sell on for profit, It’s more than likely Glass never had much of a say in that anyway, it would have been all sorted through Gunn/Mowbray.

DC’s nae a successful businessman by using the scattergun approach. He’s went down the cautious route initially, unlike Hibs who have given Maloney a 3 and a half year deal. (If Maloney lasts more than 12 months before getting the dunt, I’ll be surprised) 

Anyway, unless Glass can turn it around, which the majority of us think he wont, then I’m betting that’ll he’ll be given his P45 in a couple of months time. 

30 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Thanks TC

Im wondering if, in the back of DC’s mind he already knows it’s nae happening or ever will with Glass in charge and he’ll be relieved of his duties in March. 
DC then looks like he’s a loyal, man of his word type bloke who gave Glass a fair crack o the whip. 

very similar to McInnes’s last transfer window he had with us, where It was only short term loan deals that came through the door(Hornby, Kamberi etc)

The recent signing of Vincente would contradict the above, but if he’s been signed as a long term project to sell on for profit, It’s more than likely Glass never had much of a say in that anyway, it would have been all sorted through Gunn/Mowbray.

DC’s nae a successful businessman by using the scattergun approach. He’s went down the cautious route initially, unlike Hibs who have given Maloney a 3 and a half year deal. (If Maloney lasts more than 12 months before getting the dunt, I’ll be surprised) 

Anyway, unless Glass can turn it around, which the majority of us think he wont, then I’m betting that’ll he’ll be given his P45 in a couple of months time. 

Cormack  got glass in thistle Windows looking for seconds ,   it didn't fit.  

54 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Thanks TC

Think you’re over thinking it.

I think they probably did try to get another couple of players in, but Gunn couldn’t get the deals done.

That’s my take on it.

As much as I think Glass isn’t up to it, the poor window is down to Cormack & Gunn 

• Upvote 1
On 8/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, ebbe said:

Time all you apparent dons fans got behind the man. I’m fucking embarrassed to be associated with the self entitlement of folk. The man is a breath of fresh air. Up the fucking dons.

I, like others, don’t want him to fail. However, what exactly leads you to conclude he’s a breath of fresh air? What’s he done? The ‘doing something different here’, was just a time buying smokescreen and the reality is his brand of football is very similar to DM, but slower, with more pointless passes and the concession of more goals. I would love him to succeed, but genuinely, why did you think he’s a breath of fresh air?

59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I can't see Glass being happy just with the three he's been given.  

But maybe he's paying for a poor summer window? 

Problem is, he's so indebted to Cormack for getting the job in the first place and his results have been poor in the main so he's nae exactly operating from a position of strength. 

And this is the problem with being a yes man. He can’t come out complaining that Gunn fucked up the January transfer window as Cormack would go mental and probably sack Glass instead of Gunn

• 4 weeks later...