David Bates

5 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

He is a competent central defender..him and Gallacher form a partnership and push McCrorie into midfield were he played better for us before.

Aye, McCrorie back to covering a number of positions again rather than being a first choice. 

Unless he goes with a back three. Which I really hope he doesn't.  There's nothing more mind numbing than watching 3 centre backs playing pass the parcel with a football. 

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, McCrorie back to covering a number of positions again rather than being a first choice. 

Unless he goes with a back three. Which I really hope he doesn't.  There's nothing more mind numbing than watching 3 centre backs playing pass the parcel with a football. 

Bit of a dilemma this one.
Back 3 let’s our young full-backs properly express themselves.

Not convinced by them yet in a back 4 (defensively they need to improve) and we are severely lacking with pacey wide players to take things forward, so the youngsters will do a job as wing-backs.

50 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Bit of a dilemma this one.
Back 3 let’s our young full-backs properly express themselves.

Not convinced by them yet in a back 4 (defensively they need to improve) and we are severely lacking with pacey wide players to take things forward, so the youngsters will do a job as wing-backs.

I just hate watching a back 3 with full backs as wing backs. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'll go with W.Millers recent assessment of McCrorie.

Some of the poor defensive play in midfield including errors from Brown & Ferguson seems to be getting blamed on the central defenders.

Just now, Logiemink said:

Some of the poor defensive play in midfield including errors from Brown & Ferguson seems to be getting blamed on the central defenders.

No I agree.  The balance of the midfield hasn't helped the centre backs at all. 

But I'd rather play a back 4 so McCrorie misses out 

I'd be OK with him taking the Ferguson role alongside Brown and Longstaff playing further up where Ojo was playing 

1 hour ago, Logiemink said:

McRorie passed it straight to their player for the second goal on Thursday not Brown or Ferguson. A simple ten yard pass

20 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'd rather see Ramsey as a wing back. Offers plenty going forward but nae sure he can defend worth a fuck. Mckenzie on the other hand is pretty solid defensively but isn't great going forward.

Can't really have a wing back on one side and a full back on the other though. 

My issue with going three at the back is that with our midfielders we end up with two many defensive players and the attack suffers as a result. 

I know some folk are enamoured with three centre backs these days but it's just not my cup of tea. 

42 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Glass had made it clear that he wants to have McCrorie as a CB. Don’t see why people are jumping at the bit put McCrorie into Midfield just because we’ve signed a CB. It only gives us 3 fit CB’s until January and an abundance of midfielders.

If he's not going to put him in midfield then he needs to put him on the bench cause he's fucking hopeless at centre half

Great that we have another experienced centre half. Not so great is that he's not left footed.

We now have three fit right footed CHs, so there's no balance there.

The only left footed CH we have is long term injured.

I would have liked to see Glass try Campbell at left sided CH after seeing how well he did at left back. He's left footed, tall enough for a CH, good in the air, and a ball winner. He won't get much pitch time covering for midfield so I'd like to see him considered for defence cover as well.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'd rather see Ramsey as a wing back. Offers plenty going forward but nae sure he can defend worth a fuck. Mckenzie on the other hand is pretty solid defensively but isn't great going forward.

I think you discredit Ramsay’s defensive capabilities.

I’m not recalling any goals he’s been directly responsible for

22 minutes ago, Wee Alickie said:

Great that we have another experienced centre half. Not so great is that he's not left footed.

We now have three fit right footed CHs, so there's no balance there.

The only left footed CH we have is long term injured.

I would have liked to see Glass try Campbell at left sided CH after seeing how well he did at left back. He's left footed, tall enough for a CH, good in the air, and a ball winner. He won't get much pitch time covering for midfield so I'd like to see him considered for defence cover as well.

I hope @aberdeen1970 doesn’t read this ?

As for Campbell at left centre half, you must be joking.

He’s not strong enough for that.