David Bates

What a load of pish, Taylor done ok in the air but at times got it horribly wrong, probably why he can't get a game for Walsall now.

Gallagher should definitely be more dominant, I'd like to see a bit more aggression from him once he gets back fit.

As for Bates, I actually think he improved ever so slightly despite the errors last night, maybe it will take time due to him arriving here late and needing to settle but I'm hopeful.

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

What a load of pish, Taylor done ok in the air but at times got it horribly wrong, probably why he can't get a game for Walsall now.

Gallagher should definitely be more dominant, I'd like to see a bit more aggression from him once he gets back fit.

As for Bates, I actually think he improved ever so slightly despite the errors last night, maybe it will take time due to him arriving here late and needing to settle but I'm hopeful.

Taylor was pretty decent for us his last season, probably as a result of being played centrally in a back 3 and not being expected to come out of defence so he kept it simple.

As for Bates, I hope you are correct, certainly there needs to be an improvement as as it stands, he'll be the one targetted

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Taylor was pretty decent for us his last season, probably as a result of being played centrally in a back 3 and not being expected to come out of defence so he kept it simple.

As for Bates, I hope you are correct, certainly there needs to be an improvement as as it stands, he'll be the one targetted

3 months where he was just above average, he's dreadful, always has been and always will be add in the large wage he was on, we can do better, it just takes time for players to settle.

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Can't recall saying he could ?

We are allowed to change formation or other players positions

PS: neither can Ojo

So who would play wing back on the right, in your formation? There's a reason Ojo is having to play there 

2 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

I liked Taylor. He had his limitations for sure, but he rarely got out-muscled and knew where row-z was. That's the centre half market we shop in unfortunately.

Gallagher should do this fine. He's been poor until Hibs where he was decent until injury. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So who would play wing back on the right, in your formation? There's a reason Ojo is having to play there 

Who said anything about wingbacks in “my formation”?

Nothing stopping us going to a back 4 with McRorie at right back for example 

How anybody can argue at this point that Bates is good is beyond me.

His passing is absolutely terrible and that is an important thing for a team that is set up to retain posession.

Cant see anything in him so far that justifies not giving a lad from the under 21s an opportunity. 

There again, he might get better in the winter and it could be a ginger, exposure to sunlight problem ?

On 10/28/2021 at 2:48 PM, minijc said:

Yes, that makes sense when someone has played 7 games for the club and the other has played 178 games.

God help my heart if I have to see him play another 171 matches  ?

Once we sign John Souttar we won’t have a need for desperate signings like MB’s…..it’s the way forward. Sign decent players who will improve the starting eleven, not just for upping the squad numbers.

9 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

God help my heart if I have to see him play another 171 matches  ?

Once we sign John Souttar we won’t have a need for desperate signings like MB’s…..it’s the way forward. Sign decent players who will improve the starting eleven, not just for upping the squad numbers.

I'm glad you've completely written Bates off after 8 games for the club, really shows that you know fuck all about football.

• Upvote 5
48 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm glad you've completely written Bates off after 8 games for the club, really shows that you know fuck all about football.

I don’t need another 170 matches to realise he is a dud. As for the not knowing much about football….it’s amazing I see things a lot quicker than you and you are the expert?!  ?