Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

David Bates

3 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I don’t need another 170 matches to realise he is a dud. As for the not knowing much about football….it’s amazing I see things a lot quicker than you and you are the expert?!  ?

You see things a lot quicker, aye?  Even when the majority of the things you see are completely wrong, good one.  I am no expert, I just think it's dumb as fuck to complete write a player off after 8 games.  It appears that you are one of those that likes to be right and go with the "told you so" which means you fail to change your opinion even if the evidence is there proving you to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I don’t need another 170 matches to realise he is a dud. As for the not knowing much about football….it’s amazing I see things a lot quicker than you and you are the expert?!  ?

He arrived with confidence issues by the looks of things, lacking game time, match practice, give him a break!, Hamburg in the bundesliga at the time took a chance on him, must have something about him?, Jack Henry was pish, look at him now with confidence. At least he’s not wage thief devlin.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

You see things a lot quicker, aye?  Even when the majority of the things you see are completely wrong, good one.  I am no expert, I just think it's dumb as fuck to complete write a player off after 8 games.  It appears that you are one of those that likes to be right and go with the "told you so" which means you fail to change your opinion even if the evidence is there proving you to be wrong.

I want examples of what I say is wrong? You’re just making it up again. If you weren’t a poster full of bluster with no substance you wouldn’t be able to string a sentence together. Somehow you remind me of Agent Scotland….you will use that as a positive. 

15 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I want examples of what I say is wrong? You’re just making it up again. If you weren’t a poster full of bluster with no substance you wouldn’t be able to string a sentence together. Somehow you remind me of Agent Scotland….you will use that as a positive. 

The fact you write players off after 8 games and celebrate the fact you are right shows that you are a cunt, a clueless one at that.

• Upvote 4
56 minutes ago, minijc said:

The fact you write players off after 8 games and celebrate the fact you are right shows that you are a cunt, a clueless one at that.

You obviously are lacking in basic intelligence. If I celebrate the fact I am right well that means I am correct.

For the record….David Bates has been a poor signing, lacks positional sense and awareness of opposition players around him. I don’t need to justify my evaluation of him because having a look at game highlights will show I am spot on.

I wish the fella well (like I do with any signing) but I will file this lad under the dud category.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You obviously are lacking in basic intelligence. If I celebrate the fact I am right well that means I am correct.

For the record….David Bates has been a poor signing, lacks positional sense and awareness of opposition players around him. I don’t need to justify my evaluation of him because having a look at game highlights will show I am spot on.

I wish the fella well (like I do with any signing) but I will file this lad under the dud category.

Judging a players performance on what is shown in highlights is such a daft way of looking at things.  You've shown yourself up though, happy to be be proved right and ignoring the facts, he improved yesterday and was actually pretty solid against St Johnstone before going off.  You are a simpleton if you confine a player to being a dud after 8 games, especially when you fail to recognise that he made some improvements yesterday.

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, minijc said:

Judging a players performance on what is shown in highlights is such a daft way of looking at things.  You've shown yourself up though, happy to be be proved right and ignoring the facts, he improved yesterday and was actually pretty solid against St Johnstone before going off.  You are a simpleton if you confine a player to being a dud after 8 games, especially when you fail to recognise that he made some improvements yesterday.

It’s David Bates who can prove me wrong. Like you, I don’t think he has the ability and intelligence to improve. It’s a shame, I reckon it’s all to do with the upbringing.

50 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

What a fucking weird response. 

Nothing weird about it. Ramirez probably has a better record in both boxes. Not been at fault for goals conceded and is the best striker at the club. 
Bates on the other hand has been a liability in both boxes. Hasn’t much of an attacking presence when we have corners etc and is hardly a physical presence when we are defending. Must do better or he will be benched when Gallagher, Devlin and Considine get fit. He probably won’t even make the match day squad.

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

He was fine on Saturday. You’ll say he was shite cause you can’t admit it if he does okay. Also played well against Hibs.

I'm not out to get the boy and clearly he must have been reasonably good at some point to get so many games in Germany, but I don't think he was fine on saturday.

Better than other games certainly, but I still thought he looked suspect.  Passing was pretty poor, gave the ball away a couple of times with passes to no one when under little pressure, lost a number of battles for headers and was dragged out of position on more than one occasion.

Hopefully it is a confidence thing as folk say and he can show us the real David Bates but so far, he's looked rank rotten to me, and was only slightly better on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

After a solid game v St Johnstone where he showed up as a good fairly no-nonsense centre-back, I've thought he's looked quite suspect including on Saturday; you just think he has that mistake in him just now.

I think had Boyce played, or had Hearts brought on Woodburn earlier, he might have been given a tougher time of it, but the boy Gnandouillet is pretty dire,  Championship standard at best.

All about opinions; I've thought McCrorie has been really good in most games for us despite what I've read on here most weeks.  You just don't want your defenders making mistakes, and so far all of them have mistakes in them, some (Bates) more than others.

17 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I said Watkins wasn’t a natural striker and won’t score many goals….how many has he scored in all the games he has played for Aberdeen? 

I am not even going to engage with you Mr revisionist what a pathetic post which in a nutshell sums up your knowledge of football. I see you are on your one man crusade to try and be as big a toxic idiot on this board as you were on Aberdeen Mad. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I am not even going to engage with you Mr revisionist what a pathetic post which in a nutshell sums up your knowledge of football. I see you are on your one man crusade to try and be as big a toxic idiot on this board as you were on Aberdeen Mad. 

My posts are straight to the point and very reasonable. Your post’s are of hatred and as you have an anger issue they are not well thought out. Come back once you are of reasonable mind and then the real fun will begin.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, robbojunior said:

I'm not out to get the boy and clearly he must have been reasonably good at some point to get so many games in Germany, but I don't think he was fine on saturday.

Better than other games certainly, but I still thought he looked suspect.  Passing was pretty poor, gave the ball away a couple of times with passes to no one when under little pressure, lost a number of battles for headers and was dragged out of position on more than one occasion.

Hopefully it is a confidence thing as folk say and he can show us the real David Bates but so far, he's looked rank rotten to me, and was only slightly better on Saturday.

Yep, consistently plays hospital passes too

Plus, he actually looks dead