David Bates

I'm no convinced by bates yet either to be honest.

He is shaky on the ball & his distribution is woeful. 

I hope he proves me wrong in time, but so far I'm not seeing alot.

• 2 weeks later...

I better not say too much about David Bates as I may have put my foot in it regarding one of our other players. 
Stuff that…..David Bates like Dean Campbell could do with a good loan spell. Simply to get them playing in a less pressured surrounding where they can make their multiple mistakes but not at the expense of Aberdeen. January can’t come quickly enough. We need better reinforcements.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah. He was immense against a really potent Livi. Has to be said.

I am happy to hold my hands up & say I was wrong about him.

Far better than Gallagher 

We all want Bates to do well for Aberdeen, I am sure that is not in question….it’s his general ability to perform well at this level that has been questioned. As you hint at, it was Anderson and Hamilton he was up against and in fairness he strolled it last night. Let’s see how he adapts in the coming weeks where the games are come thick and fast. It should give us an indication of his general ability.

I hadn’t realised he hadn’t played for around 5 months before we signed him so maybe that itself didn’t help him. 
He did well last night though and it probably helped after him having a good conversation with his mother back at the house.

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We all want Bates to do well for Aberdeen, I am sure that is not in question….it’s his general ability to perform well at this level that has been questioned. As you hint at, it was Anderson and Hamilton he was up against and in fairness he strolled it last night. Let’s see how he adapts in the coming weeks where the games are come thick and fast. It should give us an indication of his general ability.

I hadn’t realised he hadn’t played for around 5 months before we signed him so maybe that itself didn’t help him. 
He did well last night though and it probably helped after him having a good conversation with his mother back at the house.

This team needs to go on a consistent run of good results. And that goes for all the players too. They need to start performing consistently as very few have done up to now. 

Great to get 3 points last night but it can't be followed again by another run of defeats. 

Glass must be the first Aberdeen manager to be lauded for the odd win here and there. 

15 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

He was very good against Kyogo.