David Bates

40 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Nah, not my bag. I leave that sh1t to others 

You working abroad - that why you can’t get to games?

My expertise is available worldwide. I admittedly am a busy man but as like many a person I have had a very keen interest in football  none more than Aberdeen FC though. 
I suppose the difference of opinion of certain players can vary from age groups….those like myself who were fortunate enough to witness the great Alex Ferguson led era probably are a bit harder to please compared to a younger generation who witnessed none of those past glories. 
If you want to win things you have to demand a hell of a lot more from the likes of Bates, Jenks, Gurr, Samuels etc. We in reality are a reasonably large club in our own country and we should strive to succeed. The modern generation of fan doesn’t know much in the way of success. Let’s hope it changes especially with the wealth of our top board members. We should always demand better. When fans stop demanding the chairmanship of the club gets to do as it pleases. The reality of that is that it hasn’t served us well for far too long.

I’m sure there are many in here that have witnessed the successes of the Fergie era and  even before.

The modern game and finances are significantly different now though and most reasonable supporters realise the imbalance the modern situation creates.

we can and should still strive for success but it’s a hell of a lot tougher now than it was then

10 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m sure there are many in here that have witnessed the successes of the Fergie era and  even before.

The modern game and finances are significantly different now though and most reasonable supporters realise the imbalance the modern situation creates.

we can and should still strive for success but it’s a hell of a lot tougher now than it was then

We can hardly be described as a club who strive for success. It’s not in our DNA any longer. Though, if you fellow fans can chip in and give the club a helping hand financially through the money DNA we can produce top players like Dean Campbell who can fill a gap when all other avenues are exhausted. Plus we can help the club out so they can offer Funso Ojo a further lucrative deal.

Get in touch with the club through the website (saves paying someone a wage to speak to you)  and don’t hold back with your monthly instalments. Convince everyone in your family and all your friends to do likewise. As a reward the club shall send out an adult gift (if age appropriate) and have a right good moan about the extra expense this causes during monetary discussions. 

On the real subject of David Bates, I am feeling generous today (compliments only) …. he made a couple of good blocks on Saturday. 

On 12/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, afc1903mad said:

^^^^^^^^

Youre such a narcissistic attention craving twat.

Your attempt at humour through sarcasm is lame.

I bored of it so don’t expect further responses to feed your needs.

You are such a serious person. It’s most likely caused by being put down often as a child, and even though your constant cravings of being taken seriously as a child have led to a feeling of neglect and a lack of love don’t let that hinder building relationships with older people as you age yourself.

Try and enjoy life, try and be free thinking. Even the politicians nowadays don’t take life seriously.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, RED_JOHN said:

We can hardly be described as a club who strive for success. It’s not in our DNA any longer. Though, if you fellow fans can chip in and give the club a helping hand financially through the money DNA we can produce top players like Dean Campbell who can fill a gap when all other avenues are exhausted. Plus we can help the club out so they can offer Funso Ojo a further lucrative deal.

Get in touch with the club through the website (saves paying someone a wage to speak to you)  and don’t hold back with your monthly instalments. Convince everyone in your family and all your friends to do likewise. As a reward the club shall send out an adult gift (if age appropriate) and have a right good moan about the extra expense this causes during monetary discussions. 

On the real subject of David Bates, I am feeling generous today (compliments only) …. he made a couple of good blocks on Saturday. 

You need to get out more.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Been terrific for a good few months now.

Will be in the Scotland squad soon enough 

22 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Aye we are quick to say players are shite and give no time to adjust.

Written off after 3 games.

Incredible player for us just now.

Par for the course on here these days.

Too many cunts too happy to call everything shite before actually seeing an individual play or give them a chance to settle.

We've a shite fan base.

Harsh re Tuesday night. 

Huns have slipped from last season but the main reason they were poor was because they didn't get the freedom of Pittodrie for once and we imposed ourselves on them for a change, nae taking any of their shite. 

And Bates was a big part of keeping them stunted as an attacking force throughout apart from maybe a 15 minute spell after they scored when they put us under a wee bit of pressure. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Harsh re Tuesday night. 

Huns have slipped from last season but the main reason they were poor was because they didn't get the freedom of Pittodrie for once and we imposed ourselves on them for a change, nae taking any of their shite. 

And Bates was a big part of keeping them stunted as an attacking force throughout apart from maybe a 15 minute spell after they scored when Ojo put us under a wee bit of pressure. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Harsh re Tuesday night. 

And Bates was a big part of keeping them stunted as an attacking force throughout apart from maybe a 15 minute spell after they scored when they put us under a wee bit of pressure. 

Also because they were missing several key players.

Whole reason we had more possession and territory than rangers for first time in years was because of McCrorie and Bates. Both very composed on the ball from the back. Yes bates has an error in him, so does McCrorie , but hopefully in time they’ll improve on that. Think going forward these 2 will be our centre halves. Gallagher will be gone in the summer IMO.

• Upvote 2