Friday night peak time juker 

RedArmyFakshun

17 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

nae been open since I moved back 

The State toon the corner on Holland St is a good boozer

Aye, that has been on of my haunts for years now - I fell away from the Griffin, which seemed to have changed over the years: the last time I was in (years ago) there was LGBT fundraiser posters up (no wonder it went bust FFS).

A very different pub to the one I started going to decades ago.  It was a friend who wanted to go for old times sake, but we found it boarded up with a for sale sign.  Maybe someone will re-open it.

The Variety Bar is still going strong up there too.

Did you know McPhabbs, the other side of Charing X?  Its now a bourbon bar called Van Winkle.  Popped in the other week - pretty decent, pints of Red Stripe ?

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Aye, was trying to mind what it used to be called, because that was where I saw the Del Amitri boy afore 

Usually stopped there for one walking home fae toon 

Variety bar’s good, but not been in since I moved back. 

I like the Bon Accord - cracking bar 

Did anything ever happen ?......

In eh....?

On 5/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Aye, that has been on of my haunts for years now - I fell away from the Griffin, which seemed to have changed over the years: the last time I was in (years ago) there was LGBT fundraiser posters up (no wonder it went bust FFS).

A very different pub to the one I started going to decades ago.  It was a friend who wanted to go for old times sake, but we found it boarded up with a for sale sign.  Maybe someone will re-open it.

The Variety Bar is still going strong up there too.

Did you know McPhabbs, the other side of Charing X?  Its now a bourbon bar called Van Winkle.  Popped in the other week - pretty decent, pints of Red Stripe ?

All good bars - shame the Griffen is no more, the Variety changed though when the Garage came along and the young team started going there first, shame about McPhabbs, always a great place for a chilled afternoon session before hitting Mr Singh's. Bon Accord was also good for whiling away a few hours.

State bar was also good, although havent been in any of them for a number of years.

Weegie pubs, theres been a few