Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, absolutely. 

Might still ultimately win the battle to play in defence as that one is still to play out.  He could end up partnering Bates and Gallagher might be the one that misses out.  Or, there may be occasions when we play a 3.

But you can't see him winning any battle against Ramsay at right back or finding  a regular place ahead of the huge amount of other central midfielders we have at the club. Though there will be games where his legs in midfield might come in handy. 

He's 23 now and hasn't nailed down a particular position yet. Which is quite rare.  

Could well be him and Bates as he fits our style of play better than Gallagher. He just needs to develop quickly to the CB roll though. He's a far better ball player than Gallagher but Gallagher is a better defender. You would assume that Gallagher is one of our top earners though so maybe he will get the nod? 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Going to be an interesting period for McCrorie. 

Under McInnes, a midfielder of his type and with his energy, would have been a first pick every week. 

Personally I think he's back up in all 3 of the positions he can 'play' in. Centre midfield, centre back and right back. 

He's the type of player that will pick up lots of games in different positions due to injuries,  suspensions and loss of form of others. A Phil Neville type of you like.   No shame in that but will be interesting to see whether he's happy in that type of role or whether he ultimately seeks a move somewhere else where he can play in his preferred midfield role every week. 

I see him starting at RB after a big transfer goes down. Unless the venezuelan comes back and beats him out off loan. Hard to understand that situation. 

21 hours ago, starryfish said:

How will we line up for this one? I’d go as follows:

Lewis, Ramsay, McKenzie, Gallagher, Bates, Brown, Ferguson, Longstaff, Watkins, Ramirez, Samuels

Works for me.

If Hedges is fit for selection then him in for Samuels 

4 hours ago, starryfish said:

Not for me, he’s neither a defender or a midfielder. Not quick enough or aggressive enough to be a defender and not good enough on the ball to be a midfielder.

Agreed 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Going to be an interesting period for McCrorie. 

Under McInnes, a midfielder of his type and with his energy, would have been a first pick every week. 

Personally I think he's back up in all 3 of the positions he can 'play' in. Centre midfield, centre back and right back. 

He's the type of player that will pick up lots of games in different positions due to injuries,  suspensions and loss of form of others. A Phil Neville type of you like.   No shame in that but will be interesting to see whether he's happy in that type of role or whether he ultimately seeks a move somewhere else where he can play in his preferred midfield role every week. 

Aye, I also don't feel him good enough to command a starting spot in any position if everyone is fit.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, starryfish said:

How will we line up for this one? I’d go as follows:

Lewis, Ramsay, McKenzie, Gallagher, Bates, Brown, Ferguson, Longstaff, Watkins, Ramirez, Samuels

Two things worry me about this as a line up

this doesnt get past one of the main problems with our current style - there is a big gap from midfield to defence which is very easy for the opposition to exploit. Personally at the moment I would go three at the back - its easy to move Mccrorie forward into midfield if we are controlling the defensive areas.

my other worry is in Longstaff Watkins and Ferguson you will have three players all in the same area - if you want a change ramirez its JET who plays in that area. we cant change too much

Id take your line up and swap McCrorie for Watkins and have a back 3 to allow more flexibility for change and a more robust defence 

4 hours ago, Bamber said:

Two things worry me about this as a line up

this doesnt get past one of the main problems with our current style - there is a big gap from midfield to defence which is very easy for the opposition to exploit. Personally at the moment I would go three at the back - its easy to move Mccrorie forward into midfield if we are controlling the defensive areas.

my other worry is in Longstaff Watkins and Ferguson you will have three players all in the same area - if you want a change ramirez its JET who plays in that area. we cant change too much

Id take your line up and swap McCrorie for Watkins and have a back 3 to allow more flexibility for change and a more robust defence 

I'd agree with everything you have said and ask questions about the recruitment. Seems to me we have one out and out striker (Ramirez) and a plethora of others.

33 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

In for this

First game since we got done 3-1 by Qarabag

First league game since we got done by Celtic 2-1 in 2020

First Dons away since we got done 5-0 by the huns at Ibrox in 2019

First trip to Fir Park since we got done 3-0 in 2018

Buzzing for more 

Any chance of giving it a miss.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You can say what you want. It’s great. That’s the beauty of not giving a fk & not being an arse licker + rating hoe ?

Very true except for the say what you want part…I got banned for 8 hours because I dared to suggest we sign a Pakistani or a Chinese player. The reason was simply that a poster suggested we sign a Polish player to help bring some of the Polish community to Pittodrie on matchday. I said we should go further and suggested those nationalities but my insight was rewarded with a ban. 
You couldn’t make it up….especially this day in age. Sonoftherock or whatever the name is banned me. My only conclusion is that the mod must be racist as that is how it seemed.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Very true except for the say what you want part…I got banned for 8 hours because I dared to suggest we sign a Pakistani or a Chinese player. The reason was simply that a poster suggested we sign a Polish player to help bring some of the Polish community to Pittodrie on matchday. I said we should go further and suggested those nationalities but my insight was rewarded with a ban. 
You couldn’t make it up….especially this day in age. Sonoftherock or whatever the name is banned me. My only conclusion is that the mod must be racist as that is how it seemed.

What an embarrassing load of shite. I want native Aberdonians ONLY at pittodrie. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Id take the Polish or Hungarian players, Chinese could open a world of opportunity, send velly painfow to meet him off the plane. 

Don't bother sending the scouts to Pakistan though, shit football players. 

35 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Id take the Polish or Hungarian players, Chinese could open a world of opportunity, send velly painfow to meet him off the plane. 

Don't bother sending the scouts to Pakistan though, shit football players. 

Every time they get a corner they open a shop

BOOM BOOM

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

BOOM BOOM

Three guys are captured by a tribe of natives in a far off land. They are brought before the tribal leader who gives them a choice. He says, "what will you have, death or boom boom?". The first guys thinks, hmmm wonder what boom boomis. "I'll take the boom boom". The tribal leader says, "good". Then a dozen tribal members line up and give it to him in the rear. The tribal leader turns to the second guy and gives him the choice, death, or boom boom. The second guy thinks, hmm, that boom boom thing is pretty nasty. But death is permanent, "I'll take the boom boom". Tribal leader says, "good", and a hundred tribesmen line up and give him the boom boom. The tribal leader gives the choice to the third captive. He thinks a while, hmm, first it was a dozen, then it was a hundred, I don't know man. Heck with it, "I'll take death". The tribal leader says, "good, death .... by boom boom"

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't care who goes the Pittodrie, unless they are huns/tims in the home end watching us play them. 

If they want to turn up and watch a match for something to do on the weekend whilst their beloved play, then we should welcome the money. 

Edit: 

I couldn't give a fuck if a person is foreign and at pittodrie, they might live here and want to support the local team, are they not allowed to be considered aberdonian like? Fud. 

It's a local team for local people. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Three guys are captured by a tribe of natives in a far off land. They are brought before the tribal leader who gives them a choice. He says, "what will you have, death or boom boom?". The first guys thinks, hmmm wonder what boom boomis. "I'll take the boom boom". The tribal leader says, "good". Then a dozen tribal members line up and give it to him in the rear. The tribal leader turns to the second guy and gives him the choice, death, or boom boom. The second guy thinks, hmm, that boom boom thing is pretty nasty. But death is permanent, "I'll take the boom boom". Tribal leader says, "good", and a hundred tribesmen line up and give him the boom boom. The tribal leader gives the choice to the third captive. He thinks a while, hmm, first it was a dozen, then it was a hundred, I don't know man. Heck with it, "I'll take death". The tribal leader says, "good, death .... by boom boom"

Don’t give up your day job