Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

I hope it works out but I really hate it when we play half a team of central midfielders. Seem to have been doing it for years. I thought Hedges was back? And I see the boy Samuels was put up at the press conference and isn’t even on the bench.

I thought we’d maybe go to a back 3 now Bates is in, which would still allow him to accommodate 3 central midfielders if he wanted to…

lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Ramsay Ferguson Brown Longstaff McKenzie

Hedges

Ramirez

It's not really a surprise though is it? 

We knew that our midfielders were one paced and we hadn't signed any real creative players when the window closed. 

Obviously wants the creativity to come from the full backs overlapping. But I'd like to see us have a few more strings to our bow than that.  It's fine getting crosses in from wide but you need to be able to create through the middle as well. 

18 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Fits he playing, a diamond in midfield??

We're playing a different formation each time depending on which player has the ball in which part of the park.

We are going for the perpetual shapeshifting changeling tactic.

Motherwell will have no idea, but it won't matter as it's too complicated for us to pull off.

Can see us getting caught out.

26 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I hope it works out but I really hate it when we play half a team of central midfielders. Seem to have been doing it for years. I thought Hedges was back? And I see the boy Samuels was put up at the press conference and isn’t even on the bench.

I thought we’d maybe go to a back 3 now Bates is in, which would still allow him to accommodate 3 central midfielders if he wanted to…

lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Hedges

Ramirez

Glass said Hedges was at least 2 weeks away but didn’t want to put a specific timeframe on it. I’m guessing Bates needs to get up-to-speed fitness-wise. 

29 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Hedges

Ramirez

That's far too defensive a line up for a club like Aberdeen imo.  A 3-5-1-1??

That's the kind of formation you'd see a minnow put out against a big team. 

Even Scotland under Clarke played a 3-4-1-2 the other night.