Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Big Dode said:

Are there no youth players who can be given a chance at CB, probably get eaten alive for a few games but a natural CB has to be better than what we currently have?!

If that is the problem, then OK, but it would make no difference to the playing out from the back, cross/back passing possession based style that Glass seems to have standardised on. All the signs of a manager who has no answers.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It should be blatantly obvious to him that if he feels obliged to play Brown, Longstaff and Ferguson in the same team then it's fucking nuts to play Ojo as well. 

No need to pick Ojo there today. He had Hayes,  Jet or even McLennan available who would have been better suited to play between the lines or wide. 

Seems so simple and yet…….

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

It should be blatantly obvious to him that if he feels obliged to play Brown, Longstaff and Ferguson in the same team then it's fucking nuts to play Ojo as well. 

No need to pick Ojo there today. He had Hayes,  Jet or even McLennan available who would have been better suited to play between the lines or wide. 

Exactly - even play Jenks (who I think is garbage) but he’s a Glass player and supposed to be a natural attacking player unlike Ojo.

Longstaff is a total waste of money.

cormack has certainly backed Glass in the transfer market but he’s overloaded the squad with too many similar players and seems to have no idea tactically. 

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Exactly - even play Jenks (who I think is garbage) but he’s a Glass player and supposed to be a natural attacking player unlike Ojo.

cormack has certainly backed Glass in the transfer market but he’s overloaded the squad with too many similar players and seems to have no idea tactically. 

But if Glass is meant to be part of an overall philosophy, why is he allowed to sign shite like Gurr and overload the squad with centre midfielders? 

So do we have a philosophy or not? Is Glass allowed to ignore it. Or does the philosophy involve out of their depth right backs and an abundance of centre midfielders? 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It appears that Jenks and Gurr have been identified as not being good enough. 

Which is at least something I suppose. 

Would have been better if they hadn't been signed in the first place though. 

It's not something, as the fans identified them (Gurr in particular) as being not good enough before they signed.

It's Glass full time fucking job, and a bunch of pissed up irrational keyboard warriors like myself were able to identify what he couldnt. 

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

It appears that Jenks and Gurr have been identified as not being good enough. 

Which is at least something I suppose. 

Would have been better if they hadn't been signed in the first place though. 

2 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Hate to say it but I have no confidence in Glass to turn this around. The man who should be getting the real blame is Dave Cormack appointing a utter rookie.

Problem is that you don’t get foreign investment for zero input. His yank mates want their people involved on the inside and here’s the result.

Glass’s appointment was predictable. The resultant mess is predictable. He was given a blank canvas  and he’s painted a hotchbotch of shite

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Problem is that you don’t get foreign investment for zero input. His yank mates want their people involved on the inside and here’s the result.

Glass’s appointment was predictable. The resultant mess is predictable. He was given a blank canvas  and he’s painted a hotchbotch of shite

We should never have been in a position after signing eleven players that the thought of losing a talented but injury prone Hedges was unthinkable. 

We've made a cunt of it and it will cost more money in January to fix it.