Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

26 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I think the style of play is certainly more entertaining however the moments of madness in defence have become almost comical.  Back to back matches of 20 or more shots but little to show for them. We will be back in europe again but not for championship or europa.

I fear you’re using possession as a proxy for entertainment, mate.

It looks very pretty all of this possession based stuff, but we overplay it so much sometimes. 3 passes when one will do, especially if not being pressed. 

Im currently feeling about as entertained as a hamster in a python enclosure..

Note- I mean the hamster not feeling entertained at the prospect, as I’m sure the python would enjoy entertaining the hamster in his hoose.

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

"Early doors in Glass' career..."

Which is why I've said from the very beginning he should never have been appointed. 

We shouldn't be a club that offers on the job training for our fucking manager.

EXACTLY !!!!!

Dundee, St Johnstone, Utd, Hearts etc. are teams that appoint ‘trainee’ managerial experiments.

Aberdeen are certainly not a club that should ever be doing this. Cormack brought in his wee pet puppet but never really backed him as much as he should as that transfer window was a load of really bland SHITE.

Oh but let’s not forget we have FOUR International ‘class’ defenders ??‍♂️

Already desperately wishing for next fkn transfer window just over a week after last one closed.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

EXACTLY !!!!!

Dundee, St Johnstone, Utd, Hearts etc. are teams that appoint ‘trainee’ managerial experiments.

Aberdeen are certainly not a club that should ever be doing this. Cormack brought in his wee pet puppet but never really backed him as much as he should as that transfer window was a load of really bland SHITE.

Already desperately wishing for next fkn transfer window just over a week after last one closed.

I'm not... all he's going to do is sign a bunch of central mids. 

13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So, we need a couple of fast wide men who can cross a ball... having Ramsey bombing up and down the right touchline like he's the only player we have on that side isn't ideal. That might be a moot point if he's fucked now.  McGinn and Hayes' wages need to be redeployed, stat*.

We need a central defence that can defend the centre of defence. 

I think we've got decent creativity, tbh... it's just employed way, way, way too fucking slowly. I don't know what they're waiting for, but it takes an aeon to actually throw in a final ball. The passing through Well's defence wasn't bad, but if you give them all the time in the world to get everyone behind the ball then you get nothing out of it. 

Did Ramirez actually receive a pass today?

* I think stat means like 'quickly' or something. 

It means "Immediately"........from the Latin "statim". 

McGinn and Hayes have watertight contracts so there will be no redeployment of their wages anytime soon

Before the season started I was willing to give Glass a full season to implement his changes as he faced such a rebuilding job. I'm now not sure I want to give him even till Xmas, We have games against Celtic, Hibs and sevco looming in October and right now zero points from them looks a decent bet. Even the other 2 games, away to Dundee and home to Hearts don't look like garnering us much more than 2-4 points at best the way things are going. Bottom 6 ( possibly bottom 4) by November looks increasingly inevitable. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s probably not as bad as I think right now. Control games easily but we are terrible in both boxes. 

It really is. 

Just look at the percentages of our performance in both boxes. Absolutely fkn honking.

Hard to say which is the most costly but really hard to argue that it isn’t our defence that is costing us most. They are piss easy to get through.

Doubt Cormack will have the balls to admit his ego has led to this major fk up appointment & bin him (even if things continue as are & don’t improve) & we will be stuck with his pishy assessments of what is needed in January (which could be a case of dire emergency by then) window

Starting with 3 at the back was a gamble. A quick break from Motherwell and over Gallaghers head and we are fucked.  I said this when we lined up.Glass realised it when we were 2-0 down.

I couldn't believe Watkins missed that header and that was the turning point for me. We dont create a olt of chances and cant afford to miss golden ones like this.

Ferguson actually slowed the game down at 2-0 down. We would have been better with Longstaff and Brown at the point, they actually try to shift the ball a bit quicker.

McLennan?  Just shite. Clueless.

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It means "Immediately"........from the Latin "statim". 

* McGinn and Hayes have watertight contracts so there will be no redeployment of their wages anytime soon

Before the season started I was willing to give Glass a full season to implement his changes as he faced such a rebuilding job. I'm now not sure I want to give him even till Xmas, We have games against Celtic, Hibs and sevco looming in October and right now zero points from them looks a decent bet. Even the other 2 games, away to Dundee and home to Hearts don't look like garnering us much more than 2-4 points at best the way things are going. Bottom 6 ( possibly bottom 4) by November looks increasingly inevitable. 

So what does Latin mean in Latin?

* They're no use to us at all... they won't play club football at this level again (other than for us), and it's not that great a level anyway. 

If Cormack is genuinely 'Backing Glass financially' then here's a perfect chance to prove that by paying them off and bringing in more suitable players,... unless their contracts say, "You can't pay off our contracts", which would be super weird. 

The outlook isn't great for the rest of the month. Maybe we'll have more joy if we play at a higher tempo. This continental shuffling of the ball back to front is fine, but you've got to have players making runs so  you can take advantage of all the possession. We just sloth our way upfield, the move breaks down, and shite like Motherwell take advantage by exploiting the fact that we have no defenders in the middle. 

Bit faster, lads, eh? 

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Starting with 3 at the back was a gamble. A quick break from Motherwell and over Gallaghers head and we are fucked.  I said this when we lined up.Glass realised it when we were 2-0 down.

I couldn't believe Watkins missed that header and that was the turning point for me. We dont create a olt of chances and cant afford to miss golden ones like this.

Ferguson actually slowed the game down at 2-0 down. We would have been better with Longstaff and Brown at the point, they actually try to shift the ball a bit quicker.

Yup Ferguson is the worst out the 3. Takes too many touches 

45 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

This playing out fae the back is pointless against boring sh*te like Motherwell, who are just going to sit in and not even think about deploying a high press. It just results in 500 aimless passes across the back. 
that’s the type o game ye get Jet on noising up defenders by getting the ball lumped up to him. 

Did you see the game today? Motherwell did deploy a high press. All we did was play little triangles that ended up back with Joe

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So what does Latin mean in Latin?

* They're no use to us at all... they won't play club football at this level again (other than for us), and it's not that great a level anyway. 

If Cormack is genuinely 'Backing Glass financially' then here's a perfect chance to prove that by paying them off and bringing in more suitable players,... unless their contracts say, "You can't pay off our contracts", which would be super weird. 

The outlook isn't great for the rest of the month. Maybe we'll have more joy if we play at a higher tempo. This continental shuffling of the ball back to front is fine, but you've got to have players making runs so  you can take advantage of all the possession. We just sloth our way upfield, the move breaks down, and shite like Motherwell take advantage by exploiting the fact that we have no defenders in the middle. 

Bit faster, lads, eh? 

Paying up their contracts is a totally different scenario to redeploying their salaries.

I agree that both are a waste of money and a squad position but even if Cormack were to sanction paying them up and showing them the door there's nothing Glass can do to replace them until January (unless he chooses to sign free agents which can be done at any time....but I'd think highly unlikely). But are they any more of a waste of money and squad positions than say McGeouch and Campbell are from our massive cohort of defensive/central midfielders?

33 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

EXACTLY !!!!!

Then you’ll need someone that can spot talent. Here or abroad, Aberdeen no wins in 6 games, another nightmare on elm street is on the cards. 

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Almost as if you are fkn happy he’s injured & your wee Hun RB gets to continue to be unjustly wanked over as the best RB prospect in Scotland eh?

Nope, not at all

I love Ramsay and think he will be superb

But, I gave one of the reasons for him rightly not being in the Scotland team as him being not ready physically

He got hurt today, again, so tagged you

It's for your own good , to learn

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

3 at the back? Today? Was it?

McKenzie the 3rd central defender?

So who was the left wing back? Longstaff?