Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

He is. 

Id love to know who else was interviewed when Glass landed the role, they must have been utter gash and even if they were good (like Neil) I am not convinced he would accept the job now, knowing Gnasher thought Glass was the better option in the first instance.

Glass was earmarked as soon as we agreed the “partnership” with Atlanta.

Naive to think anything else. 

To be fair he speaks well, so probably sounded great in his interview. 

We yet again had enough chances to win the game. Here, don’t get me wrong it was far from perfect and below par - too much pointless passing too often, over reliance on the fullbacks to be high to cross and 3 midfielders all doing the same thing far too often- but with a few tweaks and some better finishing I think we’ll be good. 
Keep the patience lads. Glass isn’t gonna gel a pretty much whole new team wae a new style overnight. 

• Upvote 2

Only reason I stayed until the end today was because the supporters buses were parked right outside the away end.

Defensively a total shambles until Bates came on but game was long gone by then.

Motherwell will be 7th or 8th at best and they still had too much for us.

Glass needs to get a plan B rapidly as Plan A is being easily torn apart by managers such as McGlynn and Alexander.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass was earmarked as soon as we agreed the “partnership” with Atlanta.

Naive to think anything else. 

To be fair he speaks well, so probably sounded great in his interview. 

Does he fuck. In his interview today he says there were no positives from today and then he goes on to speak about the positives. 

He's a fucking car crash, much like our chairman.

10 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Lots of managers on here. We are lucky to have so many.

Could do with one in the dug out who recognised the team’s weaknesses and addressed them and didn’t suggest that failed in Atlanta right backs were ideal for the SPL. The management team at present have either overestimated themselves or underestimated the SPL… or both. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, DelMonte said:

It’s probably not as bad as I think right now. Control games easily but we are terrible in both boxes. 

This is quite a good succinct summary of where we're at.

We do have a lot of possession - but football matches are won and lost in the penalty boxes.  As DelMonte mentions, we're an absolute shambles in both!  Particularly defensively!

I'm not going over the top though... Glass was the chosen one - he has to be backed.  As much as I was hoping for an instant impact, he does need to be given time.  At least a season (and three windows) IMO. 

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

Nope, not at all

I love Ramsay and think he will be superb

But, I gave one of the reasons for him rightly not being in the Scotland team as him being not ready physically

He got hurt today, again, so tagged you

It's for your own good , to learn

How’d he get injured? Was it because he’s not physically ready for the physical strains of top flight football or was it because of Motherwell’s persistent fouling? & how does Patterson differ to Ramsay physically? Is he more physically ready than Ramsay? Has he spent this season in the gym getting ‘physically’ ready to avoid injuries rather than playing regularly all season? 

still not sure where you’re going with this as I genuinely see fk all difference between Ramsay/Patterson ‘physically’

in short. I think you are speaking shite & immediately jumped on Ramsay getting injured to the extent of tagging Thurso & myself is some sort of ‘told you so’ brag. Like it somehow justifies your favour for Patterson.

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Still trying to figure out why the hell MacKenzie got booked for first ‘foul’ when Well players escaped so many prior. 

Aye.

Was not even remotely a foul.

13 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

Glass getting regularly booked and Russell getting a red card today

Not much wonder.

The refereeing was absolutely horrific, worst I've seen for a while.

Not sure if that is due to the referee being a retard or a cheat.

Hard to believe anyone could be that incompetent.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How’d he get injured? Was it because he’s not physically ready for the physical strains of top flight football or was it because of Motherwell’s persistent fouling? & how does Patterson differ to Ramsay physically? Is he more physically ready than Ramsay? Has he spent this season in the gym getting ‘physically’ ready to avoid injuries rather than playing regularly all season? 

still not sure where you’re going with this as I genuinely see fk all difference between Ramsay/Patterson ‘physically’

in short. I think you are speaking shite & immediately jumped on Ramsay getting injured to the extent of tagging Thurso & myself is some sort of ‘told you so’ brag. Like it somehow justifies your favour for Patterson.

I think he and Mackenzie are getting injured because they are being asked to do so much. They are having to cover 100 odd yards up and down with absolutely no support, attacking or defensive wise. 433 may be great at Barcelona but its blatantly not working here. 

Which brings me to the root of our problem, our shite midfield. 3 identical midfielders with no pace and all wanting to do the same things. Things are not improving until the midfield 3 are sorted out and we stop playing ojo. 

Glass has made some tough calls but bottled starting bates. He needs to change the shape and stop squeezing so many boring centre mids into the team. 

• Upvote 1