Motherwell 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Didn't see the game, but from what I could hear in commentary we had plenty possession, but as peer usual we're powderpuff in defence and have no cutting edge, no creativity.

Glass has had plenty time to identify the issues afflicting the defence and work on it during the IB, but seems like he learned nothing and went for the status quo with Gallagher and McCrorie.

Also, what is the attacking/striking coach doing to earn his corn? We lack creativity and are creating next to nothing.

Everyone knows Glass is Cormack's pet project, but scrutiny is building on him and he needs to urn this around and quickly.

Similarly didn't see the game and hard to argue with what you are saying. 

If we fail to beat a st Johnstone team also struggling to score goals and without a win next week, the pressure really ramps up.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Games like today only add to my suspicions that Glass can’t organise a team & isn’t up to it.

As soon as I saw the starting X1 I was worried.

Yet AGAIN he plays all of Brown, Ferguson, Longstaff & Ojo.

4 central midfielders? WTF is that all about & why is he persisting with it?! 

We can’t defend. 
We have no width. 
We have no pace & zero creativity.

Today as as bad as anything McIness teams churned out.

This isn’t going to end well. 

It’s all so very predictable.

None of us on here know anything about football (me especially) and yet WE ALL SAW THIS COMING.

Iceberg? What iceberg

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Everyone knows Glass is Cormack's pet project, but scrutiny is building on him and he needs to urn this around and quickly.

If Cormack is such a shrewd successful businessman he ought to know that there are limits on the lifetime of a project that is obviously failing to deliver. Options are to rescue it or scrap it and cut your losses. Is he ruthless enough to take the necessary action?

What was the fucking point is giving McGinn a new contract?

People can talk about pant pishing etc etc but I’m not seeing anything from Glass that tells me better days are ahead.

You talk of a long term prawcess which requires giving the manger time to implement his style but this is going the exact same way Cathro went. Recruitment, playing style; it’s just a MESS.

We’re Aberdeen for Fuck sakes, no breeding place for a young and inexperienced manager.

The one good thing is that Cormack’s wealth will ensure compensation etc won’t be an issue. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Games like today only add to my suspicions that Glass can’t organise a team & isn’t up to it.

As soon as I saw the starting X1 I was worried.

Yet AGAIN he plays all of Brown, Ferguson, Longstaff & Ojo.

4 central midfielders? WTF is that all about & why is he persisting with it?! 

We can’t defend. 
We have no width. 
We have no pace & zero creativity.

Today as as bad as anything McIness teams churned out.

This isn’t going to end well. 

Can’t argue with much of that. Defence and goalkeeper can’t keep a clean sheet to save themselves. Surely got to drop Lewis and bring in bates into that backline.

Our attacks are so fucking slow and convoluted that opponents have about 15 minutes to organise their defence before we put the ball into the box. 

Time and again, by the time we'd worked in a final ball intended for Ramirez... and I lost count how often that poor cunt lost his marker and got into a shooting position... by the time that final ball came in there was always, ALWAYS defenders in position ahead of his run... and the ball is being released so close to goal that he's also having to compete with the keeper who isn't even having to come off his line. 

Our defence is so slow and disorganised that just punting the ball into our box means the attcking player simply has to follow the trajectory of the ball, and can have a completely unchallenged effort on goal. 

They could have done this all day and Glass still wouldn't have changed a fucking thing. 

EDIT: Actually, they did and he didn't.

Will be interesting to hear Glass’ interview later.

we did have decent possession and we did have a number of shots… but did we actually look like scoring? I don’t think we did… at no point did I think “ahh it’s ok, we’re definitely going to score”. The only players in that team who score goals are Ramirez and Ferguson. 2 out of 11. You wouldn’t ever put money on any of the other starters scoring.

I need to ask this again… (have lost track of how many games I’ve asked this question after now…) - what is our formation supposed to be?! What are the roles of our midfielders and attackers meant to be? Like where were Ojo and Watkins meant to be playing? And what was the thinking behind Brown, Longstaff and Ferguson because all 3 of them seemed to be playing deep?

Also, why has he not realised Ramirez up front on his own doesn’t work, he needs a partner. We’ve got a “renowned” strikers coach as our assistant manager who doesn’t seem to see this.

there’s so many obvious flaws it’s unreal. Brown is actually out there playing in the middle of this mess - you’d think he’d be able to say to the other coaches that it’s not working?!

gallagher brought in as some kind of hero to organise the defence and bring some steal to it - we’ve not been this bad defensively in the last 10 years. He just strolls about thinking he’s better than he is.

I could go on… but everyone else on here can see all the deficiencies anyway - only seems to be our management that cant!

1 minute ago, Elderadojnr said:

Can’t argue with much of that. Defence and goalkeeper can’t keep a clean sheet to save themselves. Surely got to drop Lewis and bring in bates into that backline.

I've got news for you.  The other goalie is worse. And we lazily gave him a two year deal when we had a chance to bring in some serious competition. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Don't worry. There will be a few posters along later to tell us we're pishing the bed and that Glass needs three transfer windows before we can judge him. 

Need to give him a couple more games but we need to sort that defence out and stop picking so many central midfielders. A lot of successful teams actually have less possession than opponent these days! 

16 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

If Cormack is such a shrewd successful businessman he ought to know that there are limits on the lifetime of a project that is obviously failing to deliver. Options are to rescue it or scrap it and cut your losses. Is he ruthless enough to take the necessary action?

I think so. Not yet, but in October. Mutual consent or some shit.

So, we need a couple of fast wide men who can cross a ball... having Ramsey bombing up and down the right touchline like he's the only player we have on that side isn't ideal. That might be a moot point if he's fucked now.  McGinn and Hayes' wages need to be redeployed, stat*.

We need a central defence that can defend the centre of defence. 

I think we've got decent creativity, tbh... it's just employed way, way, way too fucking slowly. I don't know what they're waiting for, but it takes an aeon to actually throw in a final ball. The passing through Well's defence wasn't bad, but if you give them all the time in the world to get everyone behind the ball then you get nothing out of it. 

Did Ramirez actually receive a pass today?

* I think stat means like 'quickly' or something.