I hate to say it but Glass was part of some very poor Aberdeen teams in the 90's which totally underachieved. I find similarities with our current side.

12 minutes ago, super_al said:

I hate to say it but Glass was part of some very poor Aberdeen teams in the 90's which totally underachieved. I find similarities with our current side.

poor teams that underachieved ? :wtf:

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

poor teams that underachieved ? :wtf:

Roy and Alex Miller spent millions and came 6th......

Edited by super_al

19 minutes ago, super_al said:

You said they were a poor team.

46 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You said they were a poor team.

6th is not good enough and they were both sacked.

11 hours ago, DelMonte said:

McCrorie awful for the goal. He is absolutely shite.

the huns didn't sell us him because he's any good.

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

Nope, not at all

I love Ramsay and think he will be superb

But, I gave one of the reasons for him rightly not being in the Scotland team as him being not ready physically

He got hurt today, again, so tagged you

It's for your own good , to learn

How’d he get injured? Was it because he’s not physically ready for the physical strains of top flight football or was it because of Motherwell’s persistent fouling? & how does Patterson differ to Ramsay physically? Is he more physically ready than Ramsay? Has he spent this season in the gym getting ‘physically’ ready to avoid injuries rather than playing regularly all season? 

still not sure where you’re going with this as I genuinely see fk all difference between Ramsay/Patterson ‘physically’

in short. I think you are speaking shite & immediately jumped on Ramsay getting injured to the extent of tagging Thurso & myself is some sort of ‘told you so’ brag. Like it somehow justifies your favour for Patterson.

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Still trying to figure out why the hell MacKenzie got booked for first ‘foul’ when Well players escaped so many prior. 

Aye.

Was not even remotely a foul.

13 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

Glass getting regularly booked and Russell getting a red card today

Not much wonder.

The refereeing was absolutely horrific, worst I've seen for a while.

Not sure if that is due to the referee being a retard or a cheat.

Hard to believe anyone could be that incompetent.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How’d he get injured? Was it because he’s not physically ready for the physical strains of top flight football or was it because of Motherwell’s persistent fouling? & how does Patterson differ to Ramsay physically? Is he more physically ready than Ramsay? Has he spent this season in the gym getting ‘physically’ ready to avoid injuries rather than playing regularly all season? 

still not sure where you’re going with this as I genuinely see fk all difference between Ramsay/Patterson ‘physically’

in short. I think you are speaking shite & immediately jumped on Ramsay getting injured to the extent of tagging Thurso & myself is some sort of ‘told you so’ brag. Like it somehow justifies your favour for Patterson.

I think he and Mackenzie are getting injured because they are being asked to do so much. They are having to cover 100 odd yards up and down with absolutely no support, attacking or defensive wise. 433 may be great at Barcelona but its blatantly not working here. 

Which brings me to the root of our problem, our shite midfield. 3 identical midfielders with no pace and all wanting to do the same things. Things are not improving until the midfield 3 are sorted out and we stop playing ojo. 

Glass has made some tough calls but bottled starting bates. He needs to change the shape and stop squeezing so many boring centre mids into the team. 

Edited by RUL
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUL said:

I think he and Mackenzie are getting injured because they are being asked to do so much. They are having to cover 100 odd yards up and down with absolutely no support, attacking or defensive wise. 433 may be great at Barcelona but its blatantly not working here. 

Which brings me to the root of our problem, our shite midfield. 3 identical midfielders with no pace and all wanting to do the same things. Things are not improving until the midfield 3 are sorted out and we stop playing ojo. 

Glass has made some tough calls but bottled starting bates. He needs to change the shape and stop squeezing so many boring centre mids into the team. 

Never been a huge fan of 3 at the back but with the personnel Glass currently has (no wingers or pace) I think he has to go 3-4-2-1 which means dropping 2 of Ojo, Brown, Ferguson and Longstaff.

Hedges return is still 2 weeks away but he slots into one of the two behind Ramirez.

And get Ryan Duncan involved, hearing good things about him, and scored a hat trick on Friday night 

Edited by sooth_stander

Took some time to think about the game.. I don’t think all of this is on Glass. As a manager, I’d expect my CHs to defend a simple cross or deal with a long ball. They couldn’t. 
Motherwell offered nothing going forward except a long ball and a floating cross. The fact both of those turned into goals is a joke. 
i expected some bumps with our play due to the new style… but a bump is not the ability to defend a ball in the air for Christ sake.  

• Upvote 2

Absolutely shite yesterday. Once again. 

was so bored under Mcinnes but I can’t be arsed spending money watching that. The boy Longstaff looks absolutely crap and he was just trying to do the same job as all the other hunners of centre mids on the park. 

11 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Took some time to think about the game.. I don’t think all of this is on Glass. As a manager, I’d expect my CHs to defend a simple cross or deal with a long ball. They couldn’t. 
Motherwell offered nothing going forward except a long ball and a floating cross. The fact both of those turned into goals is a joke. 
i expected some bumps with our play due to the new style… but a bump is not the ability to defend a ball in the air for Christ sake.  

That’s where MCRorie for me gets shown up.At the first goal is he tangling with Watt instead of dealing with the long ball?Ball bounces through and gets crossed in for a simple header, and a poor goal to lose.

1 minute ago, YorkDon said:

That’s where MCRorie for me gets shown up.At the first goal is he tangling with Watt instead of dealing with the long ball?Ball bounces through and gets crossed in for a simple header, and a poor goal to lose.

So in other words it is all on Glass. McCrorie in centre defence is his decision. Unless Dave is doing a Vladimir Romanov. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken
  • Upvote 1

another international break over, players straining on the leash ? ,not a chance,this is modern day so called professionals at work.
 just another groundhog  opening season with lots of promise and  no delivery as usual.
even if the dons pick things up they will never ever win a league title at the top of sottish football.
the SFA will see to that.

maybe try a bit of reverse psychology by giving the players abuse for the full 90 minutes next week..
absolutely nothing to lose  , could also speed up our progress towards  highland league football.
aiberdeen aiberdeen canna kick a jelly bean. as we said in the 60s.

i really do want to give a fook you know.

Good post R Kelly.

Highland League is where Aberdeen belong.

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

So in other words it is all on Glass. McCrorie in centre defence is his decision. 

He picks the team.
Maybe Bates isna fully fit yet? 
One thing’s for sure teams have sussed out that if you play long into MCRorie there’s every chance he’s letting it bounce, and giving soft chances/goals away.

Glass must be able to see this?

3 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

He picks the team.

Then he should play one of the other fit centre defenders.  Oh wait.... 

Like I say, if these were problems that were coming out of left field then I'd be more forgiving, but the majority of the problems are issues that have been easily identified by the fans before they have manifested on the pitch - no hindsight required. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Like I say, if these were problems that were coming out of left field then I'd be more forgiving, but the majority of the problems are issues that have been easily identified by the fans before they have manifested on the pitch - no hindsight required. 

I agree with you Ernie that this was an obvious problem.
Worrying he hasn’t addressed it, though you could say the signing of Bates is an attempt to-he has to play him though.

18 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

He picks the team.
One thing’s for sure teams have sussed out that if you play long into MCRorie there’s every chance he’s letting it bounce, and giving soft chances/goals away.

Glass must be able to see this?

There’s been quite a lot that Glass hasn’t been able to see so far which is starting to get quite concerning.

7 hours ago, super_al said:

Glass reminds me of both. Though to be fair to Roy he did win us the league cup.

24 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Glass reminds me of both. Though to be fair to Roy he did win us the league cup.

Aye he managed to avoid the mighty Raith Rovers in the draw though. 

12 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

So when do you envisage the miracle will happen? When will this new team arrive. Will it be a straight swap for the old one?

Maybe he’s got the lottery numbers for next weekend as well?

Idiot.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The lack of centre halves has been the biggest worry from the very start for me. McRorie was allegedly able to play centre half when he signed but I think it’s very clear now he’s not good enough there. 

Some of the stuff posted on this thread has been pretty embarrassing though. No point wanting change then deciding you don’t have the patience to let a new manager have one season in charge.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, super_al said:

6th is not good enough and they were both sacked.

Sixth is an overachievement for a poor team .

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The lack of centre halves has been the biggest worry from the very start for me. McRorie was allegedly able to play centre half when he signed but I think it’s very clear now he’s not good enough there. 

Some of the stuff posted on this thread has been pretty embarrassing though. No point wanting change then deciding you don’t have the patience to let a new manager have one season in charge.

I'll ignore the embarrassing comment. Don't get me wrong I get what you're saying, and your position is perhaps more noble than mine and others. 

However, it won't make any difference. Yes Glass hasn't been in the job long, but he has already made a catalogue of basic mistakes.   If he'd been here 10 months and made the same amount of mistakes more people would be calling for his head.

If the signs pointed to him laying foundations and perhaps the players needed a bit of time to adapt to want he wanted to implement then maybe more time. 

But all the evidence is that he (and other persons responsible for signings, team selection and tactics), don't have a clue what they're doing. More time won't change that, it will just prolong the agony and cost us financially. 

Yes more time is noble and presents us as being fair and even handed with our managers. But it's also unnecessarily damaging, Cormack made a massive mistake in appointing Glass, is he decisive enough to deal with it or will he compound it?

Who knows, it might not be Glass, he might be Daves puppet - in which case we're in even bigger trouble. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

23 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yep. 

Glaring problems that need sorted. 6 without a win needs to be rectified ASAP, mind. October is a huge month against the best our league has, and we'll need to improve dramatically. 

He needs a season, though. He also needs to learn. Cormack will be patient, but I don't think fans will. 

Yes, Glass is probably here for the duration, at least for the rest of this season. There has been a catalogue of mistakes, not just by Glass, so it suggests that Cormack is learning on the job as well. To have such a bloated squad, without any clear or consistent plan is strange to say the least, as was the lack of any unloading of fringe players.

3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

So in other words it is all on Glass. McCrorie in centre defence is his decision. Unless Dave is doing a Vladimir Romanov. 

That thought has entered my head too.

The Atlanta tie up needs further scrutiny - how much pressure was put on McInnes to play Gallagher and Ronnie? 

And how much are we paying Newcastle for Longstaff per week, and is that fee dependent on him playing?

8 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Yes, Glass is probably here for the duration, at least for the rest of this season. There has been a catalogue of mistakes, not just by Glass, so it suggests that Cormack is learning on the job as well. To have such a bloated squad, without any clear or consistent plan is strange to say the least, as was the lack of any unloading of fringe players.

I don't think the squad is bloated. It's pretty much the right size for any team up here with a serious intent on winning trophies (or at least qualifying for Europe). Injuries/suspensions etc will occur and you need a squad of a size where you could put out 2 full teams.

The problem we have is that the squad we have is massively unbalanced. Far too many defensive/central midfielders (there's enough of them to man the midfields of 3, nearly 4 teams), not enough (fit) central defenders, not enough pure strikers and not enough creative players, be they wingers or attacking midfielders.

Don’t think the problems are with the players. He needs to pick a balanced team. Brown, Longstaff and Ferguson can work if he plays 3 proper attackers in front of them. Instead we had Ojo Watkins and Ramirez as only attacking players. Watkins the only one with pace and ability to create.