Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Tbh, I think Paisleys more desirable to live in Aberdeen. Right in the central belt. No 3 hours away from the action. 

Even to say this in jest is worthy of derision 

Disgusting cunt

We have pulled the plug on the move for McGrath….bad news as I heard he was definitely signing. Thought the lad would have been a very good addition to the squad.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

The Scotsman is saying we’ve given up on McGrath as he wants to play in England.

On to plan B then….

This is a major fuck up really. He seems eager to move from St Mirren and by all accounts wants to move this window. We evidently weren't keen to get him this window. That's maybe why he's held off on signing for us. Either way he's a player we needed and would have been a big player for us and for the sake of £250-350k we've fucked it. 

But but but all those allegedly 'ITK' posters were saying this was a done deal 😥

Or perhaps they were LYING and they actually aren't 'ITK' after all 🧐

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is a major fuck up really. He seems eager to move from St Mirren and by all accounts wants to move this window. We evidently weren't keen to get him this window. That's maybe why he's held off on signing for us. Either way he's a player we needed and would have been a big player for us and for the sake of £250-350k we've fucked it. 

We are definitely not getting any financial backing from Cormack during this window. Glass has to sell or move players on so he can get in who he supposedly wants. We obviously couldn’t get Hedges moved on to get this over the line but such is life. McGrath would have been a very good signing.

17 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

“We’ve fucked it”? you say.  

How do you figure that out?

If he wants to move to England (& presumably the offers will be far higher than we can afford), WTF are we supposed to do?

That said, shall we have a sweep on when Glass will say “having Mikey Devlin & Matty Kennedy available to me is like two new signings”? 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

11 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

But but but all those allegedly 'ITK' posters were saying this was a done deal 😥

Or perhaps they were LYING and they actually aren't 'ITK' after all 🧐

👏👏

Seems to me like there was never much chance of him coming here in the first place,  so shouldn’t we have pulled the plug a lot earlier?

Getting linked with a heck of a lot of players. Deliberate leaks again?

11 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Even to say this in jest is worthy of derision 

Disgusting cunt

You couldn’t pay me enough to move to Aberdeen. Well you could but it would be a hefty fee in Scottish football terms. Most things  on my doorstep on Paisley. Aberdeen is lovely but it’s out the loop of the action, only so many times you can go to Cadonas.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

The Scotsman is saying we’ve given up on McGrath as he wants to play in England.

Lol

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Lol

Aye,that top club Burton Albion after him.🤣

I've never really got it with McGrath. Watched him play a few times and couldn't see what his discernible strengths were. I know he scored a lot of goals last season, but not so much this season... 

Pretty poor from either him or the club, with this farce rumbling on for 6/7 months. 

It seems clear he's used our offer to drum up interest from clubs in England. It wouldn't surprise me if he had absolutely no interest in us from the start. 

1 minute ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye,that top club Burton Albion after him.🤣

Games gone if we're losing players to Wigan and Burton Albion. 

Not a problem - we have a plethora of impotent midfielders to fill the roll and I'm sure Glass can find someone new to surprise us with - the Cormack devolution grinds on

Think if mcgrath wanted move to us it would've been all done by now, think the guys holding out for bigger dosh more than likely & afc aren't waiting around.

So back to the lower leagues for our next recommendation. 

Also, anybody who thinks living in the west of Scotland is better than Aberdeen needs a lobotomy. 

Helmand province is more appealing than weegieland.

• Upvote 2

My only issue is @ThomohawkKid insisting Paisley is better to live in than Aberdeen. 

Ive considered moving to Glasgow before and might yet.

Aberdeen has little going for it, aside from our gorgeous football club. 

Hahaha. Thomo reeled a few in there. 

lolz

• Upvote 1

Not the first time we've fucked about trying to sign an Irish international,

Graham Kavanagh, spent weeks on that one getting to within £50k of the asking price.

Only to pull the plug as yokel Milne wouldn't go that last 50k.

Mind you it could have been that Alex Miller found out he was an attacking midfielder and took fright

Don’t worry folks I got it from a good source at the club that we are after Kevin de Bruyne as our second option to McGrath so things are looking up. 

Oh and who would want to live in paisley or Aberdeen. Both pretty crap places to live !!!!! 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

Don’t worry folks I got it from a good source at the club that we are after Kevin de Bruyne as our second option to McGrath so things are looking up. 

Oh and who would want to live in paisley or Aberdeen. Both pretty crap places to live !!!!! 

Where as Thurso is the cultural epicentre of Scotland. 

Away and shite 

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

You couldn’t pay me enough to move to Aberdeen. Well you could but it would be a hefty fee in Scottish football terms. Most things  on my doorstep on Paisley. Aberdeen is lovely but it’s out the loop of the action, only so many times you can go to Cadonas.

How old are you fucking 12

McGrath isn't the miss. It's the type of midfield player McGrath is that we're missing rather than him specifically.  Someone that can take the ball on the half turn from a central position, carry the ball forwards and link up with the attack. All our other guys like to play in straight lines with the game in front of them

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Deliberate leaks again?

Hmmmmmm, Joel Sked the Scotsman journalist seems to be getting all the dons news first at the moment. Never used to hardly even get a mention in that paper but now all of a sudden they seem to get the story first. I'm sure its just a coincidence though and not anyone leaking info🤔.

1 minute ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Hmmmmmm, Joel Sked the Scotsman journalist seems to be getting all the dons news first at the moment. Never used to hardly even get a mention in that paper but now all of a sudden they seem to get the story first. I'm sure its just a coincidence though and not anyone leaking info🤔.

Cormack must have fallen out with Burns