Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye,that top club Burton Albion after him.🤣

I read Birmingham.

They’ll pay double what we do.

Why wouldn’t he sign for them? 

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Where as Thurso is the cultural epicentre of Scotland. 

Away and shite 

I'd rather live in Thurso than Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Hmmmmmm, Joel Sked the Scotsman journalist seems to be getting all the dons news first at the moment. Never used to hardly even get a mention in that paper but now all of a sudden they seem to get the story first. I'm sure its just a coincidence though and not anyone leaking info🤔.

Leaks seem to be spouting out of Pittodrie again, regularly 

23 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Where as Thurso is the cultural epicentre of Scotland. 

Away and shite 

Thurso is the new Aberdeen. 

Oil is out the window and renewable  energy is the future and what is there loads of hers wind wave and nuclear energy. Aberdeen’s new stadium will be built in Thurso 😂😂 

Edited by thurso
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGrath isn't the miss. It's the type of midfield player McGrath is that we're missing rather than him specifically.  Someone that can take the ball on the half turn from a central position, carry the ball forwards and link up with the attack. All our other guys like to play in straight lines with the game in front of them

Dante Polvara come on down

2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

But but but all those allegedly 'ITK' posters were saying this was a done deal 😥

Or perhaps they were LYING and they actually aren't 'ITK' after all 🧐

He's fucked us over, massively.

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack must have fallen out with Burns

Burns was very much a McInnes/Taylor man.

I like McGrath a lot and felt he'd do a very good job for us but I don't think he'd have been worth making one of our top earners, he's clearly only interested in the cash now, fair play to him.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's fucked us over, massively.

Burns was very much a McInnes/Taylor man.

I like McGrath a lot and felt he'd do a very good job for us but I don't think he'd have been worth making one of our top earners, he's clearly only interested in the cash now, fair play to him.

How did he fuck us over 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

How did he fuck us over 

Basically agreed terms then stalled on signing. His agent drummed up interest from England using our offer, he's now turned us down saying he wants to play down south.

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack must have fallen out with Burns

I have my doubts that DC was the link to Burns. But i do wonder who likes an off the record chat with Tom English and Stephen McGowan.

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Leaks seem to be spouting out of Pittodrie again, regularly 

I'm not sure if leaks would be the right word, maybe its just a case of some PR exercises being done with certain members of the media recently. Oh just thinking about that, Did we not have someone recently join the board with a background in PR?🤔🤔

1 minute ago, Don Fonte said:

Basically agreed terms then stalled on signing. His agent drummed up interest from England using our offer, he's now turned us down saying he wants to play down south.

Bingo

2 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Fair enough, he's entitled to do so. 

I'm entitled to wish the little no mark gets his leg snapped in his first match.

7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I have my doubts that DC was the link to Burns. But i do wonder who likes an off the record chat with Tom English and Stephen McGowan.

I'm not sure if leaks would be the right word, maybe its just a case of some PR exercises being done with certain members of the media recently. Oh just thinking about that, Did we not have someone recently join the board with a background in PR?🤔🤔

The wifie, with the Hun husband and daughter?

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fair enough, he's entitled to do so. 

I'm entitled to wish the little no mark gets his leg snapped in his first match.

He might indeed be entitled but if you AGREE a deal, as in “you’ve asked for x, and we’ve agreed to x” then for your agent to then go and hawk around England trying to get his client an even better deal, is Shite.

I think this might be old news and that AFC in fact walked away from the deal a week or so ago. As they should have

Fuck the little Irish cunt and fuck his agent too

I posted the other week I found it strange that we hadn't had him up for a medical and signing a pre-contract during the winter break. Now it seems we know why.

Was never overly keen on signing him anyway, any time I've watched him he's never been anything other than bang average but he is a type of player we don't currently have so could see the sense in why we might be interested. It does look like the player and/or his agent has used our interest to spark further interest elsewhere. I suppose it's par for the course but at least we have pulled the plug early rather than hanging on hoping that he might not be able to agree terms elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“We’ve fucked it”? you say.  

How do you figure that out?

If he wants to move to England (& presumably the offers will be far higher than we can afford), WTF are we supposed to do?

That said, shall we have a sweep on when Glass will say “having Mikey Devlin & Matty Kennedy available to me is like two new signings”? 

We must have had encouragement from his agents that he was keen. Then we should have told him we're keen to get him in this window and before the league resumes after the break. Get the pre contract signed then give St Mirren what they want. Goodwin has been quite clear that he thinks McGrath will be away this window. If we thought he was that pivotal we'd have put an offer to St Mirren for him and he either accepts it or turns it down. When it's only a pre contract that's on offer you give him as much time as he needs to re-think his decision. We wanted our business "done early" apparently. It's nowhere close to being done. Scrambling about again. McGrath isn't exactly a world beater but he's the type of player we've missed since McLean left. If he was our 1st choice we should have gone all out to get him. Be proactive. 

Derek McInnes would have talked this guy into coming to Pittodrie. I realise this is a very annoying post but I am absolutely sure of it! 

Imagine sitting down while Glass

Edit: Just to even out my post. Once McInnes had talked him into coming to Pittodrie, he'd probably have played him on the right wing

Edited by Byrne Baby Byrne

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

"I think people can see what we are trying to do here".

9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Derek McInnes would have talked this guy into coming to Pittodrie. I realise this is a very annoying post but I am absolutely sure of it! 

Just one a Look Thats All It Took yeh Just one  Look .  Rudolph Hess look alike  did it again. 

Edited by shooftahmooftah

Well on the plus side - we've time to go and get other targets. 

What a waste of over 2 weeks of the transfer window though. We should have just put an ultimatum to him, "either you agree to come here within 7 days or we'll look elsewhere". I know we're hardly in a position to be making demands on certain players, but fuck it, it's only to the detriment of the club that we're losing out on other signings because we're sitting on our hands waiting for people who don't want to be here to decide. 

edit - hope he has a shite career in England now. 

Edited by StandFree1982

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Is that what actually happened tho 

26 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Well on the plus side - we've time to go and get other targets. 

What a waste of over 2 weeks of the transfer window though. We should have just put an ultimatum to him, "either you agree to come here within 7 days or we'll look elsewhere". I know we're hardly in a position to be making demands on certain players, but fuck it, it's only to the detriment of the club that we're losing out on other signings because we're sitting on our hands waiting for people who don't want to be here to decide. 

edit - hope he has a shite career in England now. 

Surely ( because it's his job) Mowbray has been researching other options

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Is that what actually happened tho 

Pretty much so.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Pretty much so.

You should of told everyone a week ago when this happened then not after the fact 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Surely ( because it's his job) Mowbray has been researching other options

Are you sure. ????????

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

You should of told everyone a week ago when this happened then not after the fact 

Yes I should have said that about a decision that hadn't been made at that point.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Pretty much so.

It'll be interesting if he doesn't get his move by deadline day. Do we go back in for him or let him stew and hope he gets a pre contract offer that may never arrive. St Mirren fans reckon he was destined for top end of Championship in the summer. Now they aren't surprised at all it's League One clubs in for him.