Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

Probably why we're looking at Broom who can play wide or central midfield 

When he gets off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

It'll be interesting if he doesn't get his move by deadline day. Do we go back in for him or let him stew and hope he gets a pre contract offer that may never arrive. St Mirren fans reckon he was destined for top end of Championship in the summer. Now they aren't surprised at all it's League One clubs in for him. 

Birmingham would be a decent Championship move though

On 1/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, Roberto said:

Deflating but this will be confirmed soon.

Might also be able to offload a player with the deal.

I keep saying it, and yes repeating myself but I just don't see it with this dude. I also don't trust Glass to improve him as a player.

Best of luck to him though and he will have my support. I'm sure he won't care that some poster from a forum doesn't rate him.

Can’t trust anybody these days.  

McGrath is already an Irish international, he's done Scotland may feel he has nothing else to prove at SPL level. 

He's looked at AFC in their current guise and realised there is no great incentive to sign - especially when he can get a fresh challenge with a lot more money else where. 

Easiest thing in the world to say you’re in the know, hardest thing in the world to prove. Just don’t believe any cunt until it’s announced by the club. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Probably why we're looking at Broom who can play wide or central midfield 

When he gets off the bench. 

Broom would make a good sweeper IMO

39 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes I should have said that about a decision that hadn't been made at that point.

Could of said as soon as you knew then. Would of proved your in the know as everyone else thought he was signing. Or was this just decided last night 

46 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cosgrove thought that too

I thought the last transfer window was a shambles however this one is looking even worse, not a chance of top 3 finish if we are going with the current squad.........

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

It'll be interesting if he doesn't get his move by deadline day. Do we go back in for him or let him stew and hope he gets a pre contract offer that may never arrive. St Mirren fans reckon he was destined for top end of Championship in the summer. Now they aren't surprised at all it's League One clubs in for him. 

He's had his chance to sign for us. So fuck him.

If things fall flat for him with potential Championship moves down south, he still has the comfort of knowing that St Mirren have offered to make him their highest paid player ever. We know that it must be on a contract worth more than £4k/week to do this. Presumably they won't be withdrawing that offer so he could sign that and play at a level that definitely keeps him in the eye of the ROI boss. Or he could try his luck in EF1 on the same cash but where his ROI place might come under question

Good move by the club. Shouldn't be waiting for players while they wait for a bigger deal elsewhere. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, thurso said:

Could of said as soon as you knew then. Would of proved your in the know as everyone else thought he was signing. Or was this just decided last night 

I've nothing to prove, matey.

It’s good we still keep in touch with Bobby Clark as he helped us with Dante Polvara. Goodness knows what type of players Mowbray is suggesting we go for but some of the mentioned ones are certainly not the best. I suppose it’s all irrelevant really because currently it looks like we are having major difficulties in trying to drum up a genuine bid for any of our players. No sales equals no more signings!

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Good move by the club. Shouldn't be waiting for players while they wait for a bigger deal elsewhere. 

Agree 

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

I've nothing to prove, matey.

Everyone who say they are in the know have things to prove or you end up loosing your credibility like Scott burns and the Icelandic guy 

Got to keep up the good post to be the main in the knower on here 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

SPFL players always do shite when they go to Birmingham so we can look forward to having him on loan next season for a fraction of the wages

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Everyone who say they are in the know have things to prove or you end up loosing your credibility like Scott burns and the Icelandic guy 

Got to keep up the good post to be the main in the knower on here 

No I don't, those that know me know that I get good, solid info, there's plenty of stuff that I could post on here but for whatever reason I don't bother.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Agreed.

Hopefully a move to a decent club doesn’t materialise now and he’s left looking like a prick.

5 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

You couldn’t pay me enough to move to Aberdeen. Well you could but it would be a hefty fee in Scottish football terms. Most things  on my doorstep on Paisley. Aberdeen is lovely but it’s out the loop of the action, only so many times you can go to Cadonas.

Paisley is very central (granted) but it is still a shithole. Live around the Feegie?

22 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

This is a fine post but it is quite amusing how you were clearly struggling a bit towards the end there. St Mirren players don’t have to live in paisley and Aberdeen airport is fucking shite 🤣

I thought my post was getting too serious for AFC Chat so threw in a sly dig

22 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Paisley also very near an international airport lol

All of the above and still.. 😉 

6 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

You couldn’t pay me enough to move to Aberdeen. Well you could but it would be a hefty fee in Scottish football terms. Most things  on my doorstep on Paisley. Aberdeen is lovely but it’s out the loop of the action, only so many times you can go to Cadonas.

Joining us from the year 1843.... ThomohawkKid

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

Broom would make a good sweeper IMO

Don’t keep saying it 

6 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is a major fuck up really. He seems eager to move from St Mirren and by all accounts wants to move this window. We evidently weren't keen to get him this window. That's maybe why he's held off on signing for us. Either way he's a player we needed and would have been a big player for us and for the sake of £250-350k we've fucked it. 

We offered him the pre-contract and we would have offered St Mirren a deal to get him in this window.

Then some offers came in from England and that was the end of that.

24 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Don’t keep saying it 

Did i miss summin?

Somebody trot out the pun afore me?

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Did i miss summin?

Somebody trot out the pun afore me?

Aye you're only about a week late

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Derek McInnes would have talked this guy into coming to Pittodrie. I realise this is a very annoying post but I am absolutely sure of it! 

Imagine sitting down while Glass

Edit: Just to even out my post. Once McInnes had talked him into coming to Pittodrie, he'd probably have played him on the right wing

I was thinking the same thing.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Aye you're only about a week late

Fuck reading back shite on this thread like 😝

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's had his chance to sign for us. So fuck him.

Exactly my thoughts , however it’s the way now with players look at the issues Man Utd are having with trying to move players on 

agents are the scourge of football