Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

7 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Who the fuck wants to play for Wigan?! They are a real English diddy team.

I started a thread about them 90 minutes ago....

52 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Hopefully I am still in the good books

At least you’re entertaining 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Who the fuck wants to play for Wigan?! They are a real English diddy team.

Beat Man City in a Cup Final.😉

The good thing about Glass saying his comments regarding McGrath is that it puts pressure on other potential future signings to get it done quicker. If a player from the likes of St.Mirren don’t want to come up and play for us then good…he wasn’t really fully focused on the potential ahead. We need a stronger minded player. 

• Upvote 1

Glass can moan all he wants & try to fake his way a bit longer. Brilliant squad 🤣🤣🤣

End of the day he’s bitter because McGrath didn’t want to come to Aberdeen because of how Glass has made Aberdeen. We can be all grumpy at McGrath but fact is we are not an attractive club with this shite manager

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass can moan all he wants & try to fake his way a bit longer. Brilliant squad 🤣🤣🤣

End of the day he’s bitter because McGrath didn’t want to come to Aberdeen because of how Glass has made Aberdeen. We can be all grumpy at McGrath but fact is we are not an attractive club with this shite manager

He didn’t want to come because he can get double elsewhere.

I doubt many are “grumpy at McGrath”.

Sad fact of life that shite like Wigan can do that. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Already a few reacting bitterly hoping he gets injured.

He wanted to go to England. Offers weren’t coming so he was considering Aberdeen but then he got the offers from down south he wanted so he said sorry Glass but no

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

At least you’re entertaining 

Come on

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Already a few reacting bitterly hoping he gets injured.

He wanted to go to England. Offers weren’t coming so he was considering Aberdeen but then he got the offers from down south he wanted so he said sorry Glass but no

Don’t see the issue. 

Basic economics.

Folk saying they hope he gets injured.
Lol & grow up FFS…

Unless of course it’s someone going to the huns & it’s fair game. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, if you like shoving needles up your japs eye. 

You stick with the dildos. It doesn’t seem to have affected you in any way whatsoever.

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly.

It’s not McGrath who folk should be pissed off at. It’s the complete naivety being shown by us. Remember the Martin Boyle embarrassment in the summer?! Thinking we could get him for a packet of sweets. Players and agents will lift their skirts to anyone if it drives up their value and options. We need people at the club who can smoke out the time wasters and test their resolve quickly, and then be decisive when it’s not happening. The club genuinely thought this was a done deal, with nothing signed or delivered. I bet they were telling Clark that McGrath was joining and the squad was improving.

10 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Exactly.

It’s not McGrath who folk should be pissed off at. It’s the complete naivety being shown by us. Remember the Martin Boyle embarrassment in the summer?! Thinking we could get him for a packet of sweets. Players and agents will lift their skirts to anyone if it drives up their value and options. We need people at the club who can smoke out the time wasters and test their resolve quickly, and then be decisive when it’s not happening. The club genuinely thought this was a done deal, with nothing signed or delivered. I bet they were telling Clark that McGrath was joining and the squad was improving.

Faux outrage over things you've made up in your head here. Where did the club say that they thought it was "a done deal"? You're assuming it's the club's fault based on nothing.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Exactly.

I’m not saying the club are at fault either though.

It’s simple & basic economics.

We can’t pay what the English nomarks can 

If that’s us only just given up the ghost about signing him It’s been a hugely embarrassing transfer saga for the club and have been extremely naive throughout. Joke.

58 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You stick with the dildos. It doesn’t seem to have affected you in any way whatsoever.

I can’t believe you’re still posting in this thread 😂

Shocker! 

Edited by Poodler

6 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Faux outrage over things you've made up in your head here. Where did the club say that they thought it was "a done deal"? You're assuming it's the club's fault based on nothing.

The ITKers wouldn’t have been told it was a done deal! That, or there are highly respected posters on here who actually aren’t in the know…which I actually don’t believe. I believe mini has a contact, which is why I’m saying the club thought it was done.

It’s NOT the clubs fault it didn’t happen. It’s the club’s fault they THOUGHT it would happen without actually doing a deal.

In addition, the latest statement from Cormack on Ronnie leaving is embarrassing. “Recoup the vast majority of fee. If we didn’t think he would play then they wouldn’t have signed him”. Cormack forced a player on Derek Mcinnes, and pretended he was involved in the signing, but then he quickly found out how easily Derek could fuck them up. Start him, and then hook him at half-time and undermine the player and the signing.

That’s why he needs a yes man as a coach.

See after the wrong info on here by Minijc and Red John… anybody else now thinking it’s the same person with two accounts? One for his wild side, one for his reserved side. 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

I can’t believe you’re still posting in this thread 😂

Shocker! 

I can post on any thread. It makes that thread more interesting. We haven’t really pulled the plug on the McGrath deal, so there is a small possibility he could change his mind. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up going for Scott Allan as the fall back option now that the McGrath thing has fallen through. I guess Brown will know him from his time at Celtic and he is probably a similar type player to McGrath, albeit older and more injury prone.

Not saying I think we should sign him, just wouldn't be a massive surprise if we did.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up going for Scott Allan as the fall back option now that the McGrath thing has fallen through. I guess Brown will know him from his time at Celtic and he is probably a similar type player to McGrath, albeit older and more injury prone.

Not saying I think we should sign him, just wouldn't be a massive surprise if we did.

30 y/o that can't get a game for Hibs and who they tried to punt to St M as part of their McGrath deal

And who missed about a year out of the game because of severe problems with managing his type1 diabetes mellitus?

It's a no from me

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

30 y/o that can't get a game for Hibs and who they tried to punt to St M as part of their McGrath deal

And who missed about a year out of the game because of severe problems with managing his type1 diabetes mellitus?

It's a no from me

Yeah, I wouldn't sign him either for those reasons - good player on his day, but his day doesn't come round very often. Similar to Dylan McGeouch and his injury proneness. 

However, our recruitment team love to sign a crock, so as I say, it wouldn't surprise me!

39 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I can post on any thread. It makes that thread more interesting. We haven’t really pulled the plug on the McGrath deal, so there is a small possibility he could change his mind. 

Jenks still leaving this window aye?

6 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

Jenks still leaving this window aye?

Hopefully 

6 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Hopefully 

I don't think we'll be that fortunate. Teddy Junk will probably be getting a starting slot from Glass tonight, and will be taken off around the 60 minute mark after another fantastic performance disguised as the invisible man.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

I don't think we'll be that fortunate. Teddy Junk will probably be getting a starting slot from Glass tonight, and will be taken off around the 60 minute mark after another fantastic performance disguised as the invisible man.

Teddy Jenks isn’t good enough to start a match and anyone who says otherwise is at it. I honestly don’t see any potential in the lad and he will ultimately go down as a complete waste of time regarding the loan move to us.

5 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Jenks starting tonight. Will run the show.

15 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Jenks starting tonight. Will run the show.

More likely to be running the bath when he's sent off or substituted on 60 mins.