Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

More likely to be running the bath when he's sent off or substituted on 60 mins.

True. On the (very unlikely) chance he does, then I called it.

36 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Not that it makes any difference to us now but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight. 

Because he’s off to Wigan? 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Because he’s off to Wigan? 

If you believe mainstandmoan he is. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:50 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

End of the day he’s bitter because McGrath didn’t want to come to Aberdeen 

He's not saying anything different to what he said at the very start of the season. There may be players we want but if it's a case of messing around or they don't seem keen to play for Aberdeen then they will withdraw interest.

2 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

He's not saying anything different to what he said at the very start of the season. There may be players we want but if it's a case of messing around or they don't seem keen to play for Aberdeen then they will withdraw interest.

Wish he had been so stubborn with most of his Summer signings 🤔

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Wish he had been so stubborn with most of his Summer signings 🤔

I'm speculating, but by the way he was talking at that time, there was someone we wanted in the summer who pulled this same routine with us. The McGrath thing went on too long as it was.

7 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I'm speculating, but by the way he was talking at that time, there was someone we wanted in the summer who pulled this same routine with us. The McGrath thing went on too long as it was.

Maybe we didn’t show him we wanted him enough to make his decision easier.🤔

It goes both ways & McGrath certainly has other interested parties.

Maybe Glass/Aberdeen just aren’t as attractive to players as Glass thinks he/we are. Or the offer wasn’t 

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Leigh Griffiths. I'm glad he did.

• Upvote 1

Goodwin dropped McGrath because his head wasn’t in right place & he wasn’t fully committed to St Mirren last night. Says he only wants players that want to play for him.

Maybe McGrath just doesn’t want to play for anyone now 🤣

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Goodwin dropped McGrath because his head wasn’t in right place & he wasn’t fully committed to St Mirren last night. Says he only wants players that want to play for him.

Maybe McGrath just doesn’t want to play for anyone now 🤣

I read that myself and thought I wonder if he is regretting not taking the opportunity with us. 

18 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

18 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Maybe Glass/Aberdeen just aren’t as attractive to players as Glass thinks he/we are. Or the offer wasn’t 

On current form and appearances I wish this had been the case for Gallagher 

47 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Can we close this thread yet

Definitely let’s concentrate on players actually playing for don’s 

12 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Definitely let’s concentrate on players actually playing for don’s 

Is it not the point of this section of the board to discuss other teams players? Or only rumours about our own? Mcinnes shagging India and the like?

It’s back on. The lad is wanting to sign for the Dons now. Just waiting on an apology from Stephen Glass.

Time to close the thread.

He's  not interested  in us so who cares where the fuck he goes.🥱

20 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s back on. The lad is wanting to sign for the Dons now. Just waiting on an apology from Stephen Glass.

It’s Goodwin that wants the apology I heard. For Glass trying to insult him by offering Kennedy AGAIN

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s Goodwin that wants the apology I heard. For Glass trying to insult him by offering Kennedy AGAIN

Glass should do the decent thing and apologise. We aren’t in any shape to be snobbish about this as we are hardly flush with funds as all our multi millionaire’s on our board are refusing to bankroll us. Offering Kennedy who was lying in casualty at the time was a bit disrespectful. If Glass does give an apology I will help get the deal over the line. It shouldn’t be too difficult.

11 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Glass should do the decent thing and apologise. We aren’t in any shape to be snobbish about this as we are hardly flush with funds as all our multi millionaire’s on our board are refusing to bankroll us. Offering Kennedy who was lying in casualty at the time was a bit disrespectful. If Glass does give an apology I will help get the deal over the line. It shouldn’t be too difficult.

Well if Goodwin  plays him on Saturday he s cup tied for any Scottish teams wanting him

Josh Inglis (Sun Journalist) claiming Hibs are working towards signing Jamie McGrath this week.

32 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Josh Inglis (Sun Journalist) claiming Hibs are working towards signing Jamie McGrath this week.

Watch the collective bed wetting and meltdowns on here if that comes to pass.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Must be a helluva package they are offering if it beats what we offered him. If he's screwing Hibs for even more than they offered back in August in the failed signing then good luck to him

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Must be a helluva package they are offering if it beats what we offered him. If he's screwing Hibs for even more than they offered back in August in the failed signing then good luck to him

What did we offer him like?

Well Hibs have just landed £3m for Boyle so if they throw more cash at him than we did then there's every chance we'll see him end up there. I've no idea why and i'm probably way off the mark here but i think there's a chance we'll go back in for him. 

It’s definitely back on. McGrath’s agent and Aberdeen are in discussion. St.Mirren won’t be hard to deal with now as they are now wanting him out the door.

54 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hope so. He would be excellent for us.

The game has a goal for him written all over it.

• Upvote 1

I could still see him ending up at the Dons yet

Edited by Tord31
  • Upvote 1