Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

What did we offer him like?

Well St Mirren offered to make him their best paid player ever. What we know for certain is that they made Brophy their current highest paid player this time last year at £4k/wk. So you would think probably they've offered £4.25 to 4.5k/wk

We offered him more than St Mirren so we are probably up at the £5k/wk mark or more. I'd say that's quite hefty but he is getting a game for ROI so probably a fair reflection of his worth

You have to therefore assume that Hibs have at least matched us.....but with the bonus for him that Edinburgh is commutable from his current home if he so chooses

And of course Hibs aren't short of a bob or two with what they've just netted for Boyle

Edited by Ten Caat
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well St Mirren offered to make him their best paid player ever. What we know for certain is that they made Brophy their current highest paid player this time last year at £4k/wk. So you would think probably they've offered £4.25 to 4.5k/wk

We offered him more than St Mirren so we are probably up at the £5k/wk mark or more. I'd say that's quite hefty but he is getting a game for ROI so probably a fair reflection of his worth

You have to therefore assume that Hibs have at least matched us.....but with the bonus for him that Edinburgh is commutable from his current home if he so chooses

And of course Hibs aren't short of a bob or two with what they've just netted for Boyle

I find it hard to believe those figures are the salary available if they are out with a broken leg eg completely before appearance bonuses and win/goal/kpi bonuses

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s definitely back on. McGrath’s agent and Aberdeen are in discussion. St.Mirren won’t be hard to deal with now as they are now wanting him out the door.

Aye medical tomorrow.🙈🙉🙊

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye medical tomorrow.🙈🙉🙊

You are not far off from reality 

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s definitely back on. McGrath’s agent and Aberdeen are in discussion. St.Mirren won’t be hard to deal with now as they are now wanting him out the door.

Not true.

56 minutes ago, Feel said:

Not true.

Hello Stewart, you have been quiet. Has your wig been rehomed?

Just now, Crashnyploshnit said:

But is that a medical with us?

I am not a tell tale.

1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

I am not a tell tale.

Don’t keep us in suspense RJ. We are hanging on you inside knowledge here.

13 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I do hope you are taking the piss?!  😄

13 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Ask @ollie1903 , he is ITK. Remind him it’s all went quiet regarding Deano. Is he still at Aberdeen (asking for a concerned friend)?

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Ask @ollie1903 , he is ITK. Remind him it’s all went quiet regarding Deano. Is he still at Aberdeen (asking for a concerned friend)?

Ouch🤣

9 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I really hope next time Deano scores he runs over to the camera to unveil a message under his top “Red Johns a Gimp”. That would be a popular move now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Ouch🤣

Not at all. He is a bit of a weird chap. He obviously knows what is happening but refuses to tell his so called fellow Aberdeen fans any inside information. It’s just as well you lot have me to pass on gold nuggets now and again. 
I don’t want any thanks though, I just do it out of pure kindness. 

3 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I really hope next time Deano scores he runs over to the camera to unveil a message under his top “Red Johns a Gimp”. That would be a popular move now. 

Harsh on gimps. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

When does Dean Campbell score a goal? :wtf:

The lad should really be thanking me as it was my good self that suggested he has a stint out on loan before anyone else contemplated such a thing. Then the rumours started that clubs were interested in taking him on loan, but now it’s went quiet. Good luck to him wherever he plays the second half of the season. There is no point sitting on the bench week after week hoping to come on for a short while. 

Red John? Deary me, what a mess. 

At least he called it with the Dutch winger though, and McGinn leaving. 
Only knows 2 things. 1 is that he’s a joke, and the other is that he knows the square root of fuck all. 

8 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Red John? Deary me, what a mess. 

At least he called it with the Dutch winger though, and McGinn leaving. 
Only knows 2 things. 1 is that he’s a joke, and the other is that he knows the square root of fuck all. 

You are a bit hard on @ollie1903

5 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Well the renowned ITK twitter poster that is George Burnett is backing you up here. Deal is back on with Hibs also trying. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, super_al said:

Well the renowned ITK twitter poster that is George Burnett is backing you up here. Deal is back on with Hibs also trying. 

We are not after him. He is playing us & scoring next game & he’s running to our dugout to rip piss out of Glass when he does

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

You are a bit hard on @ollie1903

So maybe he’s saying nothing as his lad could be going to St. Mirren as part of the deal to sign McGrath. Let’s hope.

Edited by Crashnyploshnit
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

So maybe he’s saying nothing as his lad could be going to St. Mirren as part of the deal to sign McGrath. Let’s hope.

I wish Deano all the best. When he comes back to play for Aberdeen he will be all the better for it. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We are not after him. He is playing us & scoring next game & he’s running to our dugout to rip piss out of Glass when he does

And he  should get a kick in the baws if he does 

Edited by Redtaz2

2 minutes ago, Stevdon1962 said:

Mcgrath back for St mirren tonight, we know what happens next 😔

Injured

• Haha 1

Interesting... Goodwin just said that McGrath received some bad advice last week

Just now, Medw1311 said:

Interesting... Goodwin just said that McGrath received some bad advice last week

This is news

Tell us more.....