Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Jamie McGrath

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Stevdon1962 said:

Wigan! dearie me 

Club with ambition,backed by money I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post

Can the likes of Westhill Wanderer and Tord please stop going on about him now?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Can the likes of Westhill Wanderer and Tord please stop going on about him now?

Eh?

I’ve looked on the last 4-5 pages of that thread & I’m barely on it? 

What are you havering about? 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2022 at 8:20 AM, Roberto said:

He didn't come to us. Thank fuck.

Close thread.

Let’s start a new striker thread….we could be on a roll here.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

 

Still hope Wigan fail to get promoted though 🤣

Who the hell would want to go and play football for Wigan? They are a complete diddy outfit and only those who can’t hack it at a higher level would contemplate such a move. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Who the hell would want to go and play football for Wigan? They are a complete diddy outfit and only those who can’t hack it at a higher level would contemplate such a move. 

Nathan Patterson on loan

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Nathan Patterson on loan

If that were to happen you'd have Thurso on within the hour demanding to know why Wigan hadn't taken Ramsay on loan instead as Ramsay is so much better than Patterson

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If that were to happen you'd have Thurso on within the hour demanding to know why Wigan hadn't taken Ramsay on loan instead as Ramsay is so much better than Patterson

Na I think Wigan would be about Patterson’s level 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not ITK but doesn't seem like we've really been interested in McGrath for quite some time now.

Media reporting this as Dundee Utd beating us to the signing is just lazy churnalism.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I'm not ITK but doesn't seem like we've really been interested in McGrath for quite some time now.

Media reporting this as Dundee Utd beating us to the signing is just lazy churnalism.

Scott Burns lying as he has a chip on his shoulder about the Dons now 

Share this post


Link to post

Think McGrath has “big club syndrome “ a fear of playing for a big club where expectations are higher, to be honest I don’t really think he’s anything special & would more than likely spend more time on the bench as Ramadani, Barron & Mcrorie will always be 1st choices in midfield. Reckon the plug was pulled on this deal a while back. He will enjoy a good relegation scrap at the junky jutes, he’s experienced at that. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I liked his pens. Rolling in pens at 0.5mph is almost as cool as smashing them in at 90mph Miovski style.

Share this post


Link to post

Dodged a bullet with this guy. Never been a fan of his. One half decent season and a bucket load of pens, done feck all since. 

Share this post


Link to post

I was a fan of his but I'm glad we walked away from this deal, not worth it for the £.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I was a fan of his but I'm glad we walked away from this deal, not worth it for the £.

What were they asking for like?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Think McGrath has “big club syndrome “ a fear of playing for a big club where expectations are higher, to be honest I don’t really think he’s anything special & would more than likely spend more time on the bench as Ramadani, Barron & Mcrorie will always be 1st choices in midfield. Reckon the plug was pulled on this deal a while back. He will enjoy a good relegation scrap at the junky jutes, he’s experienced at that. 
 

 

I'm not that fussed about us missing out on him , but I think he's a decent addition to the United squad.  I reckon they've improved their squad and got a better manager now as well.

Can't see them being in a relegation battle this season. More likely they're going to be challenging Hearts for third.  I'd bite your hand off now for us to be in the mix for third by the split.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, redone said:

I'm not that fussed about us missing out on him , but I think he's a decent addition to the United squad.  I reckon they've improved their squad and got a better manager now as well.

Can't see them being in a relegation battle this season. More likely they're going to be challenging Hearts for third.  I'd bite your hand off now for us to be in the mix for third by the split.

The thing about Utd is, weren't they already in the shit financially, due to throwing the kitchen sink at it to get back to the top division?  And since then the've taken in Mulgrew, Watt, Levitt, Fletcher and now McGrath? Not as if they are like Hearts and guaranteed Europe League football till Christmas either, their wage bill must be through the roof, for such a little club.

Edited by sooth_stander
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

It’s done he’s signed for United close the thread and move on 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Think McGrath has “big club syndrome “ a fear of playing for a big club where expectations are higher, to be honest I don’t really think he’s anything special & would more than likely spend more time on the bench as Ramadani, Barron & Mcrorie will always be 1st choices in midfield. Reckon the plug was pulled on this deal a while back. He will enjoy a good relegation scrap at the junky jutes, he’s experienced at that. 
 

 

i don't think that's true, admittedly he could have joined us on pre contract in Jan but when Wigan made him a better offer he changed his mind so i don't really blame him for that, I'm not sure I would have signed for us given the state we were in back then either.

He hasn't had the opportunity to sign at any other time. Last summer we wouldn't pay the fee St Mirren wanted and from what is being whispered on the grapevine he wanted to join us yesterday until Wigan changed the agreed deal at the last minute and asked us to pay over the odds for the loan so again not his choice to not come here. We just took the decision to not let Wigan fkuc us over. 

I think he is a good player and will be a good signing for United. Going to be interesting to see United's books at the end of the year though. The wage bill there was way more than the actual turnover for years now and so they rely on Ogren covering the costs. Obviously he is minted but at some point he is not going to want to just chuck his own money at them you would think. 

Edited by SupportmeansSUPPORT

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

What were they asking for like?

Was just 75% of his wages but then added a loan fee too. We pulled out.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...