Aberdeen 0 - 1 St Johnstone

1 minute ago, winchester83 said:

Can anybody hand on heart say when they heard about the Stephen Glass apponitment say this is what I wanted

No. Everyone was dreading the mere mention of his name, but in good old fashion we gave him a chance when he was appointed. These performances are as much a reflection or Cormack as a chairman, as they are on Glass being a manager and out of his depth. I think they are both out of their depth.

Anyone in Glass's position would of jumped at the chance to take this job, but these performances are the sum of all our fears. Its an experiment that has plenty negative consequences. 

• Upvote 1

Taking 1 point from 9 against Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone scoring only 1 goal in the process (with 2 of the games being at home) whilst also going out of the League Cup against Raith Rovers is shocking. 

Glass better sort this out pronto or his position will soon become untenable. This is not a case of being unlucky we are so poor at the back and are powderpuff up front. That is not a good combination for any manager. The lack of balance in the squad is very worrying I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from if I'm being honest. We are producing slow turgid shite.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

No. Everyone was dreading the mere mention of his name, but in good old fashion we gave him a chance when he was appointed. These performances are as much a reflection or Cormack as a chairman, as they are on Glass being a manager and out of his depth. I think they are both out of their depth.

Anyone in Glass's position would of jumped at the chance to take this job, but these performances are the sum of all our fears. Its an experiment that has plenty negative consequences. 

Nobody I know was in favour at the time, but as fans we (mostly) get behind whomever is appointed. That said, while I'm not downplaying this rotten 7 game run, the initial impact seemed a good one, so why has it gone so drastically wrong so quickly? I also fear we are in danger of repeating history, in that we point fingers at a manager and overlook the wider problems that contribute to the rot. We must not make that mistake again.

today was the most comfortable I have felt defensively until bates went off. ojo played further back but then we have better players than ojo in that role 

this game we seemed to go from a midfield isolated from defense to a midfield isolated from the forwards

i thought defensively our best (until bates went off) offensively our worst

Ramsey looks like he needs a break

6 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

If this isnt a serious crisis now, I don't know what is. Today's performance had no redeeming features and very difficult to see anything that can be improved. It may have to get a lot worse before it gets better. Cormack's inadequacies are glaringly obvious. Is he any better than Milne?

Yes.  Because he appears to realise this is unacceptable.  Whether he acts is a different matter of course.

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You talk like Hedges is the only thing missing from this being a good side. 

A talented but injury prone player who wants out. 

There's many more issues in the team that Hedges won't be able to fix. 

Exactly. Watching that I have no idea what we’re trying to do tactically and I don’t think the players do either.

Don’t think he’s got a clue what his best team is.

Ferguson needs dropped in favour of the geordie, Ojo needs dropped as he offers nothing in the role he’s asked to play, so Watkins for him..Hayes is better than samuels and should start if he’s fit..hedges will offer more that Jet…

Ramirez has been pish, but not exactly flush for options..

the full backs, brown and bates are the only positives for me…

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

7 games without a win min. 

If we had Pep or Klopp in charge they'd be getting pelters for this too. 

Exactly and we haven't even played any of the ugly sisters yet which makes the winless run of domestic games even worse. Not a single win in our last 5 domestic games against Raith, Motherwell, St J, Hearts and Ross County (3 defeats, 2 draws). And some people think we shouldn't be that worried?  

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Get Davidson in for a chat before the saints bus leaves. The clock is seriously ticking on Glass already.

Milne came in, with a big, enthusiastic vision, pished massive amounts of money away on rookie managers and hopeless players, and when all the money was gone he ran the club into the ground by cutting ever more quality from the playing staff, until we became a club on the edge of bankruptcy, and a periodic but serious candidate for relegation.

Cormack has come in with a big, enthusiastic vision, and is spending large amounts of money on a rookie manager and hopeless players, just like Stewarty did at the beginning of his tenure.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Milne came in, with a big, enthusiastic vision, pished massive amounts of money away on rookie managers and hopeless players, and when all the money was gone he ran the club into the ground by cutting ever more quality from the playing staff, until we became a club on the edge of bankruptcy, and a periodic but serious candidate for relegation.

Cormack has come in with a big, enthusiastic vision, and is spending large amounts of money on a rookie manager and hopeless players, just like Stewarty did at the beginning of his tenure.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

Yes but be fair.  Milne gave us another 19 years of mediocre knowing our place averageness before finally buggering off

We’ll always have that.

Glass a bit delusional post match.

Asked about the 7 game winless streak & if it worried him…

”I’d be more worried if we weren’t getting in to situations”. 
what situations is this? We’re creating very little.

Also a bit tetchy in general.

Tyrone said “you were promising attacking, swashbuckling football when you took over”…

Glass snapped back “you’re putting words in my mouth - I’ve never said”.

Sounded snappy & an under pressure man to be honest.