Aberdeen 0 - 1 St Johnstone

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You talk like Hedges is the only thing missing from this being a good side. 

A talented but injury prone player who wants out. 

There's many more issues in the team that Hedges won't be able to fix. 

Hedges would make a huge difference to this side - only player we have that can beat a man and create. Need to be binning useless cunts like Ojo and McRorie and offering their wages to Hedges to stay 

Fairly awful performance I thought. 

The midfield 3 doesn't work, no pace, no creativity. 

Front 3 doesn't work, leaves defence exposed in terms of on the wings, no quality at all going forward. 

Thought bates looked good and mccrorie was decent beside him. Gallagher got to do better at goal. 

Depressing as fuck overall. We've run out of ideas. All hope on Hedges. 

Ojo is shite. 

26 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

When our only attacking subs available are an out of form and past it Jonny Hayes and an even more past it Niall McGinn then there is a fairly obvious issue. 

What position was JET meant to be playing? He certainly wasn't supporting Ramirez.

Ferguson looked disinterested.

said to my loon today - “here’s (34 years old) Hayes and McGinn on to save the day.”

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I wouldn't keep him for that. I'd keep him because he's trying to play the right way, and it's currently not working, and hope it works. 

I think on this current trend we can maybe afford til November before he'll be excused. 

Happy to wait and see. 

Aye but remember how long Man U gave Fergie blah blah blah.

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Nobody I know was in favour at the time, but as fans we (mostly) get behind whomever is appointed. That said, while I'm not downplaying this rotten 7 game run, the initial impact seemed a good one, so why has it gone so drastically wrong so quickly? I also fear we are in danger of repeating history, in that we point fingers at a manager and overlook the wider problems that contribute to the rot. We must not make that mistake again.

It’s been downhill since the rookie mistake at Raith. Any positive momentum was derailed there and then.

Ramirez scored 4 goals from his first 5 chances. Dropped at Raith looked like Darren Mackie reincarnated since. Couldn’t hit a coo’s erse with a banjo. You don’t drop an inform striker. Basics 

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

If this isnt a serious crisis now, I don't know what is. Today's performance had no redeeming features and very difficult to see anything that can be improved. It may have to get a lot worse before it gets better. Cormack's inadequacies are glaringly obvious. Is he any better than Milne?

Should never have appointed his pal but can’t fault the backing he’s gave him. This circa 30 man squad must be costing an absolute fucking fortune in wages

Terrible performance today.

Slow and lacklustre.

Lewis - Looked slow going down for the goal but yet to see it again.

2 fullbacks  very subdued , especially Ramsay.

Bates looked steady

McCrorie still looks like he has a mistake in him.

Brown steady game ,did'nt waste much.

Ojo. did nothing positive.

Ferguson- I've seen tankers turn faster than him.,did nothing of note.

Ramirez - shocking.Did nothing but foul and dive.

Jet - Frustrating

Samuels - Decent 1st half.Give him a try through the middle.

3 subs all shite.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye but remember how long Man U gave Fergie blah blah blah.

Major difference being Fergie's CV included a Cup Winners Cup, a Supercup, domestic league titles and trophy wins, and victories over some of the biggest clubs in the world, like Real Madrid, Hamburg, and Bayern Munich. Man Utd knew there was a manager who could compete with the best, even with limited resources. You want to stick with that kind of talent, even if it takes a while to get going in a new environment. 

Glass' track record... well, he doesn't have one. I'm not sure what Cormack was expecting, to be honest. 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Terrible performance today.

Slow and lacklustre.

Lewis - Looked slow going down for the goal but yet to see it again.

2 fullbacks  very subdued , especially Ramsay.

Bates looked steady

McCrorie still looks like he has a mistake in him.

Brown steady game ,did'nt waste much.

Ojo. did nothing positive.

Ferguson- I've seen tankers turn faster than him.,did nothing of note.

Ramirez - shocking.Did nothing but foul and dive.

Jet - Frustrating

Samuels - Decent 1st half.Give him a try through the middle.

3 subs all shite.

Pretty much my opinion.

Ramirez does drop to the ground a bit easy - maybe a "cultured" player that we have been lacking.  Although most of them back it up by getting wired in.  I feel bad for him though as I think he has goals in him in this league but is having to come back to get involved.

McGinn - why bother.  Maybe thru the middle but doesnt appear to be an option anyone wants to try.

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Major difference being Fergie's CV included a Cup Winners Cup, a Supercup, domestic league titles and trophy wins, and victories over some of the biggest clubs in the world, like Real Madrid, Hamburg, and Bayern Munich. Man Utd knew there was a manager who could compete with the best, even with limited resources. You want to stick with that kind of talent, even if it takes a while to get going in a new environment. 

Glass' track record... well, he doesn't have one. I'm not sure what Cormack was expecting, to be honest. 

Yip - surely nobody is making the comparison between Fergie and Glass. Come on to fuck 

36 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ramirez needs dropped. He’s (been) shite.

Watkins at 9 & try Hedges & JET behind him maybe, similar to the Watkins, Hedges, cunt triumvirate that looked decent this time last year. 

I would try to disagree with you as I thought his hold up play was decent enough. But we've not signed him for hold up play. We've signed him to score goals. When he had the opportunity to score today, he fluffed his lines badly.

I mean let's face it, he isn't going anywhere before Christmas that is for sure and perhaps to an extent, he shouldn't. I hate the culture of sacking managers after winless runs, especially when they haven't been at a club very long. But like many others, I was wary of the appointment initially and it looked like most of us were wrong about him at the start, but Raith was the game where I started to fear that Glass wasn't the right appointment. 

We have done absolutely nothing since we beat that Breidablik, nor do we look like we will and our initial new manager bounce has long since frazzled away, leaving us with a side that looks unlikely to do anything this season. That squad must be costing an arm and a leg and I had concerns about throwing money at Glass when we looked to be struggling financially through Covid. The books wont read well, that I am certain of and  the more this charade carries on, the worse it will be.

DC seems a decent enough bloke, but i dont think he has a clue about how to run a football club and even someone with half a football brain could see that Glass was a massive fucking risk, one that i cant see every paying off. Maybe a bit pant pishing, but I am concerned about the season ahead for sure.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass a bit delusional post match.

Asked about the 7 game winless streak & if it worried him…

”I’d be more worried if we weren’t getting in to situations”. 
what situations is this? We’re creating very little.

Also a bit tetchy in general.

Tyrone said “you were promising attacking, swashbuckling football when you took over”…

Glass snapped back “you’re putting words in my mouth - I’ve never said”.

Sounded snappy & an under pressure man to be honest. 

If he’s never said that then he can definitely get to fuck 

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Apart from the time he passed the ball straight to a St Johnstone player which should have led to a goal.

Similiar to the Qarabag game where it did cost us a goal.

Yeah, I do remember 1 bad pass, but otherwise broke up countless of their attacks.

we were solid enough with McCrorie and Bates.

worrying thing for me was the players fitness. Samuels off at 60 mins (probably protected)

McGinn on for JET.

They wanted to take Ojo off, but couldn’t as Bates had to go off. Brown had to get the substitution stopped.

Ramsay was done in the last 20 mins as well

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Yeah, I do remember 1 bad pass, but otherwise broke up countless of their attacks.

worrying thing for me was the players fitness. Samuels off at 60 mins (probably protected)

McGinn on for JET.

They wanted to take Ojo off, but couldn’t as Bates had to go off. Brown had to get the substitution stopped.

Yeah, we look totally unfit. 

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

McGinn on for JET.

Ojo was announced on the tannoy as he was about to go off. Ramsay was giving it his all. An example to a lot of the others.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ramirez needs dropped. He’s (been) shite.

Watkins at 9 & try Hedges & JET behind him maybe, similar to the Watkins, Hedges, cunt triumvirate that looked decent this time last year. 

JET? Seriously? No doubting his level of skill but we are a man down as soon as we step into the field with him in the side. 

He makes an already pedestrian side look a team of walking footballers for the over 60s

Disappointing afternoon but not fully unexpected. Bates looks comfortable the only real positive. 
Not really getting the hate for Mcrorie I think they could do well together. 

Ramirez was a waste of a shirt today, fully worse than a man down had 2/3 good opportunities you’d expect to at least get on the end of and make something happen. He had a pitiful dive at one point and I almost felt sorry for him.  He looked out his depth- Efe ambrose must’ve enjoyed playing against him. 

We are completely unbalanced the whole Jet and ojo swapping positions when they felt like it did absolutely nothing. Only width on the right hand side was Ramsay- team expecting an awful lot of him at such a young age. 

Samuels the only real threat wouldn’t have minded him swapping wings at times and trying to get inside instead of always outside on the left but credit to him he was lively and always looked to get on the ball. 

Not panicking yet like but we’ve had a fairly easy run of league fixtures and not come up with the goods.