Aberdeen 0 - 1 St Johnstone

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

JET? Seriously? No doubting his level of skill but we are a man down as soon as we step into the field with him in the side. 

He makes an already pedestrian side look a team of walking football for the over 60s

Glass said in the prematch interview that JET was looking a lot fitter in training.

Must have tired him out for the game.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The attacking options are a real collection of misfits though. 

It’s a sad and sorry state of affairs when we have to turn to 2 x 34 year olds off the bench to retrieve a game. Where’s the teenage attackers on the bench, bursting with energy and ambition, desperate to make a name for themselves?

Whether it’s by accident or design, it’s a shambolic state of affairs that (for whatever reason) we are either not producing them or not giving them a chance 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Was Ramsay asked to cool his jets today and play more defensively? 

Wasn't as swashbuckling going forward as previous games. Seemed to have the shackles on a wee bit. 

Think it was more having JET down his side making no great effort to help him out defensively. And frequently losing possession in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wanted McInnes out cause it was boring being steady, qualifying for Europe, not laying a glove on the old firm or coming close in cups. 

I knew whoever came in next would either be brilliant or a disaster. 

I think it is clear which category Glass is going to be in

Apart from that season we beat Rangers 3 times, of course.

27 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Ramirez was a waste of a shirt today, fully worse than a man down had 2/3 good opportunities you’d expect to at least get on the end of and make something happen. He had a pitiful dive at one point and I almost felt sorry for him.  He looked out his depth- Efe ambrose must’ve enjoyed playing against him

I think we should send his wife back over to America. He hasn’t been the goal scoring threat since she has rocked up at Aberdeen. #ditchthebitch

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Taking 1 point from 9 against Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone scoring only 1 goal in the process (with 2 of the games being at home) whilst also going out of the League Cup against Raith Rovers is shocking. 

Glass better sort this out pronto or his position will soon become untenable. This is not a case of being unlucky we are so poor at the back and are powderpuff up front. That is not a good combination for any manager. The lack of balance in the squad is very worrying I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from if I'm being honest. We are producing slow turgid shite.

Perfectly sums it up.

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

No, they are horrendous. Imagine watching that shite every week. 

Cup double winners, they clearly aren’t shite.

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You don’t need to tell me mcinnes did well in the past…. But that was over, so it was time to move on. 

Rest of the season is going to be rotten though. Back to brown, mcghee, skovdahl, Patterson levels. 

Well, I clearly do need to tell you as you were speaking shite.

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You don’t need to tell me mcinnes did well in the past…. But that was over, so it was time to move on. 

Rest of the season is going to be rotten though. Back to brown, mcghee, skovdahl, Patterson levels. 

If the Livingston keeper hadn't thrown MacKenzie's shot into the net we would have been bottom 6 already. Sadly I think that's where we are heading.

23 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

If the Livingston keeper hadn't thrown MacKenzie's shot into the net we would have been bottom 6 already. Sadly I think that's where we are heading.

Looking at the run of games coming up, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go into December sitting around 8th - 9th in the league.

We need to start clicking, but the upcoming sequence of matches arent going to be forgiving if we dont get our shit together in the St Mirren game.

30 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well, I clearly do need to tell you as you were speaking shite.

Aye but you’re the boy that said I was speaking shite when I suggested dropping Ramirez for this match ? how did he play? 

said I was bored of not touching the old form or coming close to doing anything…. Your reference of something 3 seasons ago is hardly relevant 

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Looking at the run of games coming up, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go into December sitting around 8th - 9th in the league.

We need to start clicking, but the upcoming sequence of matches arent going to be forgiving if we dont get our shit together in the St Mirren game.

Would be good to return to the days of finishing 9th.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s a sad and sorry state of affairs when we have to turn to 2 x 34 year olds off the bench to retrieve a game. Where’s the teenage attackers on the bench, bursting with energy and ambition, desperate to make a name for themselves?

Whether it’s by accident or design, it’s a shambolic state of affairs that (for whatever reason) we are either not producing them or not giving them a chance 

To clarify, is it a sorry or a shambolic state of affairs right now?

30 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Without managers / coaches / assistant managers you'd have no grass roots football you ignorant cunt. Got to start somewhere. And I'm making an effort to try.

I'm happy to lend a hand to the community and bring players through.

No wonder cunts want you to get hit by a bus. 

Coached kids for about 5 years, and good assistant coaches are a fucking godsend. 

Top work, sir. 

40 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye but you’re the boy that said I was speaking shite when I suggested dropping Ramirez for this match ? how did he play? 

said I was bored of not touching the old form or coming close to doing anything…. Your reference of something 3 seasons ago is hardly relevant 

You said we didn’t lay a glove on the old firm so it’s entirely relevant. But well done on predicting a player would perform poorly today, truly wisdom beyond your years.

40 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Without managers / coaches / assistant managers you'd have no grass roots football you ignorant cunt. Got to start somewhere. And I'm making an effort to try.

I'm happy to lend a hand to the community and bring players through.

No wonder cunts want you to get hit by a bus. 

Yeah, grass roots football really needs more perma-ragers who think they know everything because they almost made a career out of football.

• Haha 1

Just finished watching the rerun on RedTV. Wish I hadn't bothered. 

Rotten from start to finish. Just like watching McInnes' teams from the last 2 seasons - i honestly can't see any difference. We're boring to watch, we don't really look like scoring, we're a shambles at the back, no creativity, no pace, no passion, dull, boring rubbish. Exactly what we were all complaining about for the past 2-3 years.

So many questions from that game again... 

Lewis is a total liability - shouldn't be getting beaten by a shot like that at his near post. He also pushed one out for a corner when it was going literally miles wide - and his kicking is horrific.

McCrorie almost caught out a few times again - Bates our new defender off injured already - Gallagher comes on and at fault for the goal and ends up playing centre forward for the final 10 mins - we would actually have been better keeping Ash Taylor rather than having him.

Midfield was hopeless again. How Ojo not only managed to start, but also managed to play the full 90 mins, is baffling. We've got a guy sitting on the bench who's played in the EPL, and we're having to put up with this joker instead!? I'd rather have Campbell, or McGeouch or just about anyone instead of Ojo.

We need to just stop playing JET. I appreciate the guys skill and ability, but unless we're playing him UP FRONT ALONGSIDE Ramirez, it's just a waste of time.

Ramirez NEEDS a strike partner. Don't know how many more games Glass needs to watch to realise this. No point leaving him isolated up front on his own with JET miles away on the half way line, and Samuels standing on the touch line.

Samuels... the commentator was going on about him as if he was Neymar or somebody... the guy looked utter crap to me. He's got pace, but that's pretty much it.

This is going to be one LOOOOOOOONG season watching this drivel every week. The teams we've played against so far have been mainly hopeless as well - once we start playing the better sides in the league we're going to get properly pumped. 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wanted McInnes out cause it was boring being steady, qualifying for Europe, not laying a glove on the old firm or coming close in cups. 

I knew whoever came in next would either be brilliant or a disaster. 

I think it is clear which category Glass is going to be in

They had to be brilliant to better qualifying for Europe every season

And unsurprisingly,  we are going backwards fast

HORRENDOUS 

13 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Just finished watching the rerun on RedTV. Wish I hadn't bothered. 

Rotten from start to finish. Just like watching McInnes' teams from the last 2 seasons - i honestly can't see any difference. We're boring to watch, we don't really look like scoring, we're a shambles at the back, no creativity, no pace, no passion, dull, boring rubbish. Exactly what we were all complaining about for the past 2-3 years.

So many questions from that game again... 

Lewis is a total liability - shouldn't be getting beaten by a shot like that at his near post. He also pushed one out for a corner when it was going literally miles wide - and his kicking is horrific.

McCrorie almost caught out a few times again - Bates our new defender off injured already - Gallagher comes on and at fault for the goal and ends up playing centre forward for the final 10 mins - we would actually have been better keeping Ash Taylor rather than having him.

Midfield was hopeless again. How Ojo not only managed to start, but also managed to play the full 90 mins, is baffling. We've got a guy sitting on the bench who's played in the EPL, and we're having to put up with this joker instead!? I'd rather have Campbell, or McGeouch or just about anyone instead of Ojo.

We need to just stop playing JET. I appreciate the guys skill and ability, but unless we're playing him UP FRONT ALONGSIDE Ramirez, it's just a waste of time.

Ramirez NEEDS a strike partner. Don't know how many more games Glass needs to watch to realise this. No point leaving him isolated up front on his own with JET miles away on the half way line, and Samuels standing on the touch line.

Samuels... the commentator was going on about him as if he was Neymar or somebody... the guy looked utter crap to me. He's got pace, but that's pretty much it.

This is going to be one LOOOOOOOONG season watching this drivel every week. The teams we've played against so far have been mainly hopeless as well - once we start playing the better sides in the league we're going to get properly pumped. 

Glass will still be waiting until next year for a win.   Thousands of supporters Mr Glass and Cormack won’t wait.  

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You said we didn’t lay a glove on the old firm so it’s entirely relevant. But well done on predicting a player would perform poorly today, truly wisdom beyond your years.

I can’t work out if you are being serious

clearly I’m referencing where we were as a club and where we were heading. What’s the point in referencing something from 3 seasons ago? Might as well just mention the 2014 league cup as well if you are going back in time 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They had to be brilliant to better qualifying for Europe every season

And unsurprisingly,  we are going backwards fast

HORRENDOUS 

I know. It’s just a shame that is our level. I mean we never actually qualified once, in reality. It got a bit boring being turfed out in the first week of august every season…

had to change something to start doing more. It’s looking a terrible appointment. Will just set us back to where we were