Aberdeen 0 - 1 St Johnstone

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

If the manager chooses to ignore the player, then what chance does he have. McInnes was fully aware bryson shouldn't have travelled, never mind actually played. bryson was only going to come on in an emergency. McInnes then fired him on after 20 minutes, despite the player's protests...

Bryson should have refused to travel. And informed the club PFA rep of what he was being coerced into.

If Mcinnes insisted, then the PFA would have taken  McInnes (and the club vicariously) to the cleaners. The club doc also doesn't escape criticism as he should also have laid down the law to DM

3 hours ago, DD1903 said:

If the manager chooses to ignore the player, then what chance does he have. McInnes was fully aware bryson shouldn't have travelled, never mind actually played. bryson was only going to come on in an emergency. McInnes then fired him on after 20 minutes, despite the player's protests...

Haha you and your source re bryson 

I honestly think you have been lapping up keech on that from day 1

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, starryfish said:

Was the RDS upper not meant to be closed this season or did I imagine that?  Certainly open on Saturday.

Certainly the plan pre-Covid was to have RDU closed apart from games where tickets sales warranted it but for the Ross County game, I remember they specifically mentioned the RDU would be open for those still wishing to socially distance. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I would imagine he treated them how they should be treated 

Bryson was a disgrace 

In what way? He came up to us to try to win things. He wanted to do well, but your man derek wasn't the great guy that he makes out to be with many players. Regardless, bryson went and did with st johnstone what he wanted to do with us ??‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I would imagine Bryson likes to deflect 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

In what way? He came up to us to try to win things. He wanted to do well, but your man derek wasn't the great guy that he makes out to be with many players. Regardless, bryson went and did with st johnstone what he wanted to do with us ??‍♂️

Nah, not for me

I dont trust bryson one bit

Look at his face

As far as wasting money goes, Bryson is probably up there with Stevie May himself. Certainly if you work it out on money paid out per minute they actually played. Stevie May did at least play a lot (which wasn't a good thing as he was honking). Bryson was never fit, and he came across as a total moron anyway. Just something about him that I didn't like. I get the same feeling with Gallagher now for some reason. Stevie May on the other hand, always put in a shift, and you could never fault his effort - problem was he was pretty much done and completely shot of confidence. I felt a bit sorry for the lad really, but I was delighted when he left.

Bryson is a total mink. Saw him walking through Union square during his time here in a full cotton Adidas tracksuit, trousers tucked into his socks. At 33/34 or however old he was?

McInnes didn’t help by ruining his ankle playing him while still injured. And Murray Davidson trying his best to break his other one.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Disappointed to see May giving it large to Aberdeen fans, it’s also slightly bizarre given that the fans were incredibly patient with him. I can rarely think of an underperforming player who got as much backing as he did.

I thought the same with Anderson at the Livingston game. I totally understand if they look back at their time here with less than fond memories and don't feel like they were treated completely fairly or whatever, that's fine. I wasn't aware they had an issue with the fans though. 

I wasn't looking particularly closely but don't even remember seeing anyone give May pelters as he came over the corner, in fact I saw one guy clapping politely, acknowledging the good run and shot. 

43 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Who gives a fuck how he celebrated.

Didn't look like many did in the small section of crowd they showed. It is getting weird how much analysis there is of players when they score against former clubs. There was a whole thing at the weekend when an English player scored a late winner against his old club, former players wading in to the debate and so on. 

Stevie May is a joke. Absolute joke of a professional footballer.

The fact that he feels he has to express his desire to get one back at the dons after we let him go for not being good enough is just another part of the joke.

Saying that, he must have a lot of pent up frustration or desire to celebrate wildly when he scores, considering he only actually does something worth mentioning in a game every 6 or 7 seasons.

Filed under one of the most dissapointing strikers at pittodrie for a long time.

35 minutes ago, OpenToeSlipper said:

May was getting a round of "who the fuck is Stevie May" when he came on. He scored and celebrated in front of the folk that slagged him. Doubt it was a big fuck you to Aberdeen, more of a "get it up you" in the general direction of the folk chanting it. 

Was he?

Don’t recall that from the South Stand.

The St Johnstone fans were definitely giving it a round of that though.

Guest milne_afc

May was signed during a rehab period, played out position, injured again and rushed back from injury so that he could again play out of position. I’d have given the bare minimum in the same situation. 
He’s proved his worth since leaving.

2 medals

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Me

He cost the club a lot of money, more than likely got a good wage from us, performed stinkingly before us allowing him to leave for free

So to come up and react like that in front of old men and kids is an embarrassment and he should be ashamed 

I’m not sure he performed stinkingly. When we had him his scoring record was gash but he played deeper and set up a lot of goals when cosgrove was on his scoring streak doing a lot of his running for him so cosgrove could be in those positions 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A few years ago against der hun I was down the front of the south giving Ryan Kent dogs abuse before he took a corner. "You're a mink from Manchester, your mums a fat tart you minky fuck" all the rest. 

Anyway, he whips in the corner and the boy Worrall prods it in. He turns around and cups his ears. 

I giggled and thought fuck sake, fair play. 

All part of the game. 

Was that genuinely what you shouted?

• Like 1