Aberdeen 0 - 1 St Johnstone

35 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

You can't call him a mink. He could buy you and your entire family with a month's wages. He might be a lot of things, but he certainly isn't a mink. 

What he earns has fuck all to do with whether he’s a mink or not.

Was that hun balloon Mikey Carroll not a mink after he won the lottery? 

17 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A few years ago against der hun I was down the front of the south giving Ryan Kent dogs abuse before he took a corner. "You're a mink from Manchester, your mums a fat tart you minky fuck" all the rest. 

You’re quite selective about what kind of verbal abuse is acceptable eh?  If somebody else had called him a poof or whatever upsets you woke types,  you’d have started crying and had a nervous breakdown.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

You’re quite selective about what kind of verbal abuse is acceptable eh?  If somebody else had called him a poof or whatever upsets you woke types,  you’d have started crying and had a nervous breakdown.

I think we all change as we grow older and mature.

I was not against singing the Ian Durrant takes it up the arse song as a youngster, but wouldn't partake in it now (even though he's a hun ;) )

I don't join in the Ibrox disaster song nowadays either. Even Huns should be able to get home from a football match.

I do have a wee giggle at the Morelos, Tu Madre Es Un Couchon banner. Its not racist or sectraian just playful banter

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One is playground abuse, based on fuck all. 

The other is a homophobic slur. 

I'm not sure folk from Manchester are persecuted in countries around the world. Or supposedly, fat minks. 

Hope this helps. 

It’s hypocrisy.  Shouting abuse and personal insults about someones mum is ok,  because it’s not one of your personal bug bears? Calling someone a poof could also be viewed as ‘playground abuse’ if you don’t actually know if they’re a poof or not? You can’t pick and choose who’s allowed to be offended. Double standards from you as usual. Grow up.                                                           

• Upvote 5
1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Hypocrisy at its best i see.

So, basically verbal abuse is ok and justified when it comes from Consi.

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

It’s hypocrisy.  Shouting abuse and personal insults about someones mum is ok,  because it’s not one of your personal bug bears? Calling someone a poof could also be viewed as ‘playground abuse’ if you don’t actually know if they’re a poof or not? You can’t pick and choose who’s allowed to be offended. Double standards from you as usual. Grow up.                                                           

I think context and how its delivered is key as well as how well you know the person its being said to.

There are many things said in jest that could be taken offensively by others. The world is increasingly swinging towards a nanny state society, whereas we need to find an acceptable balance.

Loads of things were said and done as I grew up that are no longer acceptable and rightly so, but lets not be too precious as a society.

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think context and how its delivered is key as well as how well you know the person its being said to.

There are many things said in jest that could be taken offensively by others. The world is increasingly swinging towards a nanny state society, whereas we need to find an acceptable balance.

Loads of things were said and done as I grew up that are no longer acceptable and rightly so, but lets not be too precious as a society.

Fuck off you poof.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely, the hysteria about name calling in the media is ridiculous. I’m just calling out Consis hypocrisy,  he’s the first to get up on his high horse about such matters and yet there he is,  shouting at a total stranger about their mum being a fat tart. He’s all over the place.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One is hate speech, by means of a slur. 

One is not, whilst being unsavoury.

You've missed out other points I made. It would be hypocritical if I called him a homophobic slur, and tried to pass it off as a playground insult. 

Calling him stupid names etc is certainly unsavoury, and definitely you could argue the point it shouldn't be said, but you're doing that thing many anti LGBT folk do, when they bridge a huge gap between two things and declare someone else a hypocrite. 

Unsavoury comments do not equate to hate speech. For a lot of reasons. 

Like I say, you could certainly make the argument that you shouldn't be shouting such nonsense at other grown men, but in this case you're doing your usual 2+2=5. 

Nah Consi 

It's not up to the person giving out the abuse to decide what is more hurtful. 

Only the recipient can answer that question. 

It's maybe better not to practice abuse at all rather than have a pecking order of who it's OK to insult and who it isn't. 

It's your problem to deal with I'm afraid. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If I called someone a homophobic slur in public, the likelihood is I'd get charged for hate speech. 

If I call someone a mink, whilst it might hurt the other person, and in the scenario I described, its unlikely it did, I won't get charged. Whilst Johnny Law isn't always right, there are reasons for that. 

Namely, no ones been killed, persecuted, or made illegal for being a "mink." A term that takes on different meaning across different parts of the country. A term many use flippantly, to describe a litany of people/things/situations. For example, I think folk who sit and pick their toes, are minks. It's a catch all term used for behaviour you don't like, in Kents case, bring a hun. 

"Poof" the term MHD used, only has one meaning/intention, to insinuate someone is homosexual, and to suggest that's a bad thing. Whether or not they are is irrelevant.  

I don't disagree regarding not practicing abuse. That's something we should all strive to, but I'm not perfect.

Trying to suggest any disparaging comment at all is also hate speech, along with terms like 'Poof' the N word, and other slurs often used on here, is nonsensical, for hundreds of reasons that will take this conversation long into the night. 

So in short, mink, whilst not a nice thing to say, and I agree, probably something someone shouldn't say, isn't equivalent to the N word, the term 'poof', 'paki, darkie etc etc that are often used on here. 

Id think a man in his 50's could see the stark difference and not pretend all insults are the same. 

You're confusing the legal aspects with the personal aspects. 

My view is that the personal impact can be just as hurtful so on that basis its better not to go about insulting people if you have any real compassion for other human beings. 

It's got nothing to do with my age.  I've felt that way for decades. 

Nae sure why you're taking the moral high ground here though. I think you're off piste. 

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Fuck me.  When did we become a fuckin' nation of cry baby, bed wettin', hurty fee fee ponces?  Sticks and stones.  Fuckin' words. 

Nobody is a cry baby. 

Consi thinks he can pick and choose who he hurls abuse at depending on what is legal or not. 

I just think thats a flawed argument. 

Nae tears anywhere min. Just a difference of opinion. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're confusing the legal aspects with the personal aspects. 

My view is that the personal impact can be just as hurtful so on that basis its better not to go about insulting people if you have any real compassion for other human beings. 

It's got nothing to do with my age.  I've felt that way for decades. 

Nae sure why you're taking the moral high ground here though. I think you're off piste. 

Why are you bothering with him?

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nobody is a cry baby. 

Consi thinks he can pick and choose who he hurls abuse at depending on what is legal or not. 

I just think thats a flawed argument. 

Nae tears anywhere min. Just a difference of opinion. 

I wasn't particularly aiming my comments at any individual on here (tho there are some right fuckin' dreeps here). The fuckin' world is full of fuckin' wet wipe, bubblin' girlies, too ready to get offended by any cuntin' thing.  Fuck em.  They need to man up.  Words don't kill or injure.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not necessarily about legality, more so history and context. I made it clear the law is often wrong, and I don't necessarily think it's right to throw people in jail for hate speech, rather try to re-educate them on why what they are saying is stupid and wrong. 

Kidding on that some words don't carry more weight than others, is you simply denying reality.  A guy in his 50's should understand that calling someone a homophobic slur, is definitely worse than me calling a footballer "mink" from the terraces. 

Whilst I do agree with your overarching point that we should look not to abuse anyone, I can't agree with your false equivalence. 

A difference of opinion, indeed. 

Indeed. 

I wouldn't think about calling someone a mink or a fat cunt.  Or a bald cunt or whatever it is you enjoy doing. 

You would. 

That's where we differ.