St Mirren 3 - 2 Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup agree Kennedy is shite but not convinced he’d be any worse than some of the performances we’ve seen lately.

It’s amazing how a shite player becomes a slightly less shite player when he’s not in the team. 

We have thousands of pounds per week on the wage bill that we shouldn’t. 

Kennedy, McGeouch, McGinn, Devlin are just four we could easily cope without & save ourselves a fortune. 

We do ourselves no favours. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s amazing how a shite player becomes a slightly less shite player when he’s not in the team. 

We have thousands of pounds per week on the wage bill that we shouldn’t. 

Kennedy, McGeouch, McGinn, Devlin are just four we could easily cope without & save ourselves a fortune. 

We do ourselves no favours. 

Agreed

But Kennedy would be better in the role ojo is playing 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I know Ojo has been shite (especially in front of goal) but has he really been so bad that Kennedy has serious chance of getting him out of the team? ?

I don't think he will. Kennedy is persona non grata. Has he even made one bench domestically this season? 

But I can't stress how much of a weak link Ojo is in that attacking midfield role. He's forever out of position meaning we surrender possession in midfield on the break. 

And he can't be trusted to play a decent final ball or to finish. So what's the point? 

• Upvote 1

We played surprisingly well on Saturday, which coupled with your loss against Ross gives me some hope going into this one. We've not had a lot of luck this season - the Sportscene panelists agreed that we've had two goals erroneously ruled offside, for example - so we're still looking for our first win, but I'd say we're in a false position.

Looking forward to a good game. It'll be strange to see Scott Brown in red. 

11 minutes ago, GlesgaSaint said:

We played surprisingly well on Saturday, which coupled with your loss against Ross gives me some hope going into this one. We've not had a lot of luck this season - the Sportscene panelists agreed that we've had two goals erroneously ruled offside, for example - so we're still looking for our first win, but I'd say we're in a false position.

Looking forward to a good game. It'll be strange to see Scott Brown in red. 

1-0 St Mirren.

Destiny that Curtis useless cunt Main scores. 

PS - if you’re “looking forward to a good game” prepare to be disappointed ?

• Haha 1
On 9/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think he will. Kennedy is persona non grata. Has he even made one bench domestically this season? 

But I can't stress how much of a weak link Ojo is in that attacking midfield role. He's forever out of position meaning we surrender possession in midfield on the break. 

And he can't be trusted to play a decent final ball or to finish. So what's the point? 

Ojo is shite. End of. He should never been anywhere near our club but culpability for this lies primarily with recruitment and management staff who have the common main modus operandi in having quantity above quality, whilst trying trying to hoodwink us supporters into believing the new signings will improve our squad and bring quality. 

The performances of Ojo, Gallagher, Samuels, and Ramirez on Saturday were embarrassing. Ramirez's, in particular, was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an Aberdeen centre forward and it takes quite a special talent to achieve that. 

5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Depends on your definition of "footballer".

If the likes of Darren Mackie and Nicky Maynard qualify for such a categorisation, then possibly.

Probably not though...

Aye, I wouldn't use old Craig Brown's famous adage attributed to Josh Magennis "There's a footballer in there somewhere". There isn't with Ojo. May be a plumber or vicar in there, but certainly not a footballer.

Darren Mackie relied on his instincts rather having an actual football brain. As for Nicky Maynard, just plain awful. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

As well as Kennedy, looks like McGeough is persona non grata too, not injured and not even on’t bench.

Wander what really did happen when Kennedy was in Paisley having his medical? Did he fail it, or fail to go more than 5 keepie uppies?

Fuck knows min but at least St Mirren had more nous than ourselves that they actually wanted Matthew Kennedy in for a medical rather than relying on a fax.