St Mirren 3 - 2 Aberdeen

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It wasn't a red. It was a yellow

2 yellows make a red.

His first yellow was a joke right enough but the second one was a stick on yellow and it was naivety that he went through with the challenge

His first yellow gave Collum a choice to make, and we all know which way that choice would go. 

The issue was that Jenks absolutely did not need to make that challenge. The ball was going nowhere, it was a dead passage of play, but he makes the challenge. 

He is supposed to be a professional footballer. 

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

OK, I shall get onto it.  I'll have to go out and spend an extortionate amount of money on pencils and paper of course.

Ha ha.

Good luck with the driver min.

You're right about the feel good factor. I have a loft full of putters that were all bought as either a quick fix or the feel good factor.

Trick is to keep buying a new cunt every time there is a problem with missing putts because of shite technique.

Just now, Reed or deed said:

Ha ha.

Good luck with the driver min.

You're right about the feel good factor. I have a loft full of putters that were all bought as either a quick fix or the feel good factor.

Trick is to keep buying a new cunt every time there is a problem with missing putts because of shite technique.

100% spot on china.??  Cheers!!

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

That's your views on the system?

I agree Lewis is shite and needs punted but you're seeing something that everyone else isn't, that there is a system.

Yes its the same system that Atlanta plays (or were until recently). 

The keeper needs to be effective in distribution and is meant to be a sweeper. Full backs are meant to be pressing higher and act like a winger. Ramsey is good but is running out of steam half way through the second half. Mackenzie I don't think will make it, just is not attacking enough. The centre back are meant to be playing the balls through the lines and into the midfield, however Bates is the only one is able to play this way (although defensively looks suspect).

In the middle, Ferguson is meant to be the box to box midfielder but is not suitable for the role in my opinion. 

The biggest problem in the system are the two or three (depending on the formation) that play behind the striker. You need very technical and creative players - Ojo, Hayes, Mginn, Conner M are not good enough. JET is more of a front man than attacking mid. Austin and Watkins are better as the striker than attacking mids.

The problem is that we don't have the players to play the system. Yes we have signed alot of players but its not enough.

Of course we have had individual errors and collapses at times but it would not matter so much if the system was more effective. 

This video explains more about what he is trying to do.

Unless you have vastly superior players I can't see it working in Scotland as too many teams sit in, become well organized and exploit mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

Yes its the same system that Atlanta plays (or were until recently). 

The keeper needs to be effective in distribution and is meant to be a sweeper. Full backs are meant to be pressing higher and act like a winger. Ramsey is good but is running out of steam half way through the second half. Mackenzie I don't think will make it, just is not attacking enough. The centre back are meant to be playing the balls through the lines and into the midfield, however Bates is the only one is able to play this way (although defensively looks suspect).

In the middle, Ferguson is meant to be the box to box midfielder but is not suitable for the role in my opinion. 

The biggest problem in the system are the two or three (depending on the formation) that play behind the striker. You need very technical and creative players - Ojo, Hayes, Mginn, Conner M are not good enough. JET is more of a front man than attacking mid. Austin and Watkins are better as the striker than attacking mids.

The problem is that we don't have the players to play the system. Yes we have signed alot of players but its not enough.

Of course we have had individual errors and collapses at times but it would not matter so much if the system was more effective. 

This video explains more about what he is trying to do.

Unless you have vastly superior players I can't see it working in Scotland as too many teams sit in, become well organized and exploit mistakes. 

And like I said after Qarabag, we don’t have good enough players to play like that as they completely destroyed us as we thought we could play like Man City or Bayern. We are still trying and it’s not working. Play to your strengths and ditch the current tactics. Lewis can’t play as sweeper so stop trying to play out from the back. He’s not Ederson or Neuer, there’s a reason keepers like those are worth fortunes.

47 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Because you are an argumentative snowflake prick that takes the bait better than anyone else on here? ?

And because you are clearly a cock smoker with the sensitive posts that you make.

Snowflake? You're the snowflake here, wee man. That's why you're still butthurt about being called out as a sad bigoted wank. 

Get over it son. Be better. Then your kids might not hate you when they're old enough to realise you're a cunt. 

1 hour ago, super_al said:

I thought we were looking really good before the red card. Looking at both yellows he should not have been sent off. Ferguson's yellow was a terrible decision as well.

Lewis is a shambles and can't play the system Glass wants. 

I saw him in Lidl Bucksburn on Friday, maybe his wage is really bad, thought he'd be a markies man.

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

And like I said after Qarabag, we don’t have good enough players to play like that as they completely destroyed us as we thought we could play like Man City or Bayern. We are still trying and it’s not working. Play to your strengths and ditch the current tactics. Lewis can’t play as sweeper so stop trying to play out from the back. He’s not Ederson or Neuer, there’s a reason keepers like those are worth fortunes.

I said it pre season, you know nothing about football if it took you so long. Loser.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Snowflake? You're the snowflake here, wee man. That's why you're still butthurt about being called out as a sad bigoted wank. 

Get over it son. Be better. Then your kids might not hate you when they're old enough to realise you're a cunt. 

Christ.

Your chat is absolutely honking min, no wonder  you are a social misfit and no cunt likes you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Think we're about to see really how far Glass is out of his depth during the next month. Don't think he'll handle the increased scrutiny very well either.

We looked pretty good up until the sending off, so there is that. Bates doesn't look fit (or the answer). Our defence, including Joe, is second rate. Where's our next win coming from?

This run of games is going to be fucking brutal. 

Aside from maybe Dundee... though that's an away game, so maybe not even then... it's hard to point to a game until Livi at home in December where you might think, 'Aye, we should get something out of that game'.

I think bottom 3 should be the trigger to thank Glass for all he's done, and bring in the next man, because at that point you would have to be thinking relegation is a possibility this season. 

Ok. Back from that. Glass is not a manager. Subs made little sense. Jenks not good enough. Bates may be rusty but had a hand in at least two of the opposition goals and his distribution anywhere but sideways is poor. Ramirez is about as speedy as Main and moved and plays much the same. We are entirely reliant on our young fullbacks creating things on the wing. Joe has been great for us but is not any more and needs rested. Woods may have been a lazy choice but it is one we will need to try. I’d bin Glass now but suspect Colgate will need further humiliation before he has the balls. It shouldn’t be too long in coming. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Ojo hopefully not injured and been bombed out cause he's shite

Preferably deed.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Main pushed him to the deck, nae time to get up to the line

Absolutely.

A free kick in any competent referee's mind.

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

We've played worse this season. Referee had way too much of a say in the result.

Similar to the Motherwell game.

Horrific refereeing. Beyond comprehension some of the shite going on.

49 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

His first yellow gave Collum a choice to make, and we all know which way that choice would go. 

The issue was that Jenks absolutely did not need to make that challenge. The ball was going nowhere, it was a dead passage of play, but he makes the challenge. 

He is supposed to be a professional footballer. 

Aye, as ridiculous as the 1st booking was, FFS don't give that fucking mutant the opportunity to make his day.

Then to do so with a pretty reckless and pointless challenge.

He doesn't do that, we probably win the game.

That was the only way it was heading.

Sheer stupidity.