St Mirren 3 - 2 Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Recall Tom Ritchie and play him

Why not 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye “competition ALL OVER THE PARK” was what I picked up on.

Woods will be in next week. Trouble is, as much as he deserves his chance, he’s pish too.

As we almost always do, we’ll roll over against the Tims at Pittodrie 

You wanted to keep Lewis in the team. Mistakes like that are why we are not doing enough at the club. Have a word with yourself and realise other players deserve a chance. 
“only one Gary Woods”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Ok. Back from that. Glass is not a manager. Subs made little sense. Jenks not good enough. Bates may be rusty but had a hand in at least two of the opposition goals and his distribution anywhere but sideways is poor. Ramirez is about as speedy as Main and moved and plays much the same. We are entirely reliant on our young fullbacks creating things on the wing. Joe has been great for us but is not any more and needs rested. Woods may have been a lazy choice but it is one we will need to try. I’d bin Glass now but suspect Colgate will need further humiliation before he has the balls. It shouldn’t be too long in coming. 

Perhaps next week. It was the 9-0 humping that finally forced Milne to ditch McGhee. Maybe Celtic are less rampant now, but they will punish our defensive lapses severely.

No long back from paisley.

We looked fine going in 2-1 half time.

I think it's time to drop Joe Lewis.

Too many mistakes costing us. 

The rot started against Raith Rovers in league Cup & has continued.

I'm no gonna start shouting for Glass to be sacked, is he out his depth? Maybe so. But we are 7 games into the season & 8 games winless.

A big month awaits, with huge games coming up starting next Sunday.

Who knows what we will get treated too.

29 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Seen Glass' post match interview there. 

Looks to me like he's suggesting Lewis might get dropped 

Saw his comments, but I really don't see him dropping Lewis for a game against Celtic. If anything this will be last chance saloon - if he does well then he'll reference his genius motivational skills, if he's pish again then he'll be out for the Dundee match.

40 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Good luck getting a decent keeper who can also play on the deck with our budget. There’s a reason they are few and far between.

Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee United and Livingston have all done so, and for a lot less cash than we are paying Lewis. Hearts too but they'll be paying Gordon a fair whack. 

Sevco's second choice 'keeper is better too

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

No long back from paisley.

We looked fine going in 2-1 half time.

I think it's time to drop Joe Lewis.

Too many mistakes costing us. 

The rot started against Raith Rovers in league Cup & has continued.

I'm no gonna start shouting for Glass to be sacked, is he out his depth? Maybe so. But we are 7 games into the season & 8 games winless.

A big month awaits, with huge games coming up starting next Sunday.

Who knows what we will get treated too.

I think we all know damn fine what we'll be treated to.  I stand to be corrected.  Time will tell.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee United and Livingston have all done so, and for a lot less cash than we are paying Lewis. Hearts too but they'll be paying Gordon a fair whack. 

Sevco's second choice 'keeper is better too

None of those keepers are particularly good with the ball at their feet. Craig Gordon is hardly known for his ability to play as a sweeper either. You’re just assuming that because they’re good keepers that they would be good at playing on the deck.

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

None of those keepers are particularly good with the ball at their feet. Craig Gordon is hardly known for his ability to play as a sweeper either. You’re just assuming that because they’re good keepers that they would be good at playing on the deck.

FFS St Johnstone's keeper scores goals never mind stopping them

I've seen enough of each and every one of them to know that they would all do a good job for us. Gordon is the only one who is no better than Lewis with the ball at his feet but he's a far better goalkeeper at everything else

2 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

You’re a man down. You need to ask the rest of the team to work that bit extra to make up for it. So you decide to bring on lazy, slow as fuck JET just to make it that bit harder for everyone else. What a fukin inspired bit of leadership that was.

That should be the final straw - absolutely clueless substitution

10 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I think we all kow damn fine what we'll be treated to.  I stand to be corrected.  Time will tell.

Aye its a fun time for us all at the moment.

Corner to be turned soon? 

We live in hope.

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Lewis is making plenty other mistakes that don’t involve him playing out from the back. He’s all over the place.

Another painful watch.

Actually looked better than we have done recently in the first half - mainly due to Hedges being back in, and playing 4231 rather than 433 - there was a bit more support for Ramirez, and less crowded in centre midfield. 

However... we were an utter shambles in the second half. Jenks first yellow was soft, but the second was deserved. He ended up lunging in because he's slower than a week in jail, and his touch is horrendous - but still he didn't need to lunge in when he was on a yellow already.

Anyway, I'm not convinced losing him made much difference (as he's totally garbage) other than it giving St Mirren a bit of a boost. Joe Lewis has been needing to be dropped for at least a season - he's an absolute liability and his mistakes were to blame for today's defeat. How many points has he lost us this season alone?! His kicking is atrocious and that cost us a goal, and how often he flaps about in the air despite being 6ft5 or whatever he is - that was embarrassing. The guy looks like he's on the verge of some kind of breakdown - I actually feel sorry for him - Glass needs to do him and everyone else a favour by dropping him NOW!

Hayes should've been sent off at the end for that insane two footed lunge. The Red TV guys were saying it wasn't even a booking - absolute madness. The REDTV commentary was the worst i've heard this season. That Cowan bloke is beyond murder.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

FFS St Johnstone's keeper scores goals never mind stopping them

I've seen enough of each and every one of them to know that they would all do a good job for us. Gordon is the only one who is no better than Lewis with the ball at his feet but he's a far better goalkeeper at everything else

A header. Also, the Livingston keeper aye?

lol

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Lewis is making plenty other mistakes that don’t involve him playing out from the back. He’s all over the place.

Because his confidence is shot. Look at the state of the two in front of him, what keeper sees McRorie and Gallagher and thinks they’ll get any kind of protection. We are an absolute shambles all over the pitch.

I mean, everyone is jumping on the “I hate Lewis” bandwagon here while Scott Brown yet again shows he’s clearly not the leader people thought he was. His block for the goal was good today but our team is completely bereft of any leadership or drive. We folded so easily after the sending off when you’d expect him to be galvanising the team. Not a whimper. Not so easy when you’re not surrounded by the best players in the league.

Guest milne_afc

Just watched the highlights. Lewis at fault for the 3rd goal, bigger question is why is he left one on one with their danger man? Joe isn’t the problem, it’s the weakling piece of piss in the dugout.

16 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I mean, everyone is jumping on the “I hate Lewis” bandwagon here while Scott Brown yet again shows he’s clearly not the leader people thought he was. His block for the goal was good today but our team is completely bereft of any leadership or drive. We folded so easily after the sending off when you’d expect him to be galvanising the team. Not a whimper. Not so easy when you’re not surrounded by the best players in the league.

Lol, you’re still raging Brown has been decent when you said he was finished. You won’t save face.

Theres no defending Lewis anymore. 3rd goal was totally on him.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Just watched the highlights. Lewis at fault for the 3rd goal, bigger question is why is he left one on one with their danger man? Joe isn’t the problem, it’s the weakling piece of piss in the dugout.

Doesn’t suit the narrative 

Just now, DelMonte said:

Lol, you’re still raging Brown has been decent when you said he was finished. You won’t save face.

Theres no defending Lewis anymore. 3rd goal was totally on him.

You think Brown brings leadership and a winning mentality to that team? Really?