Sign in to follow this  
sooth_stander

St Mirren 3 - 2 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

A thousand times this, a player who can play in pockets of space behind our striker(s), someone like Peter Pawlett or even Scott Allan

I said after the Ross County game (I think it was them anyway) that the boy Callaghan provided them with everything we are missing. An attacking midfielder who could run with the ball, beat a man, move the play forward, shoot etc. He did well last season too at Hamilton. Probably wouldn't be a popular choice, but he would bring much more to our team than someone like Ojo does, or all the other samey midfielders we have.

26 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

And Shinnie. He liked to get the ball and drive forward as well. 

We have Jenks, Longshaft, Watkins and Hedges who can play that attacking midfield role, but Jenks has been shite and the others were injured.   Even JET could play as a No.10 role, but he's anonymous half the time as well. 

Once we have those back, i'd like to think we'll be better for it. But if not, there's a serious issue. 

Even forgotten man Matty Kennedy would be better at it than Ojo. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Even forgotten man Matty Kennedy would be better at it than Ojo. 

No question of that. To ignore Kennedy (in the current absence of Hedges and Watkins) is simply cutting of his nose to spite his face. 

Kennedy is no world beater but at least he has some pace about him 

24 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

No question of that. To ignore Kennedy (in the current absence of Hedges and Watkins) is simply cutting of his nose to spite his face. 

Kennedy is no world beater but at least he has some pace about him 

Kennedy hasnt even left yet and I can already imagine him scoring against us when he does

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Kennedy hasnt even left yet and I can already imagine him scoring against us when he does

Would be better playing as a ten than he was as a wing back last season. At least he could take a ball side on and play a pass as well as take a man on without running it out for a throw like he did on the left wing 

Kennedy was and is hopeless. Shocking.

• Upvote 4

Kennedy is hopeless, never the standard of player we should be looking to sign.

However at this point he’s probably worth a go in one of the attacking areas. Can’t be any worse than what we’ve been watching the last few weeks. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Kennedy was and is hopeless. Shocking.

Aye he was. 

But playing Ojo there is even worse. 

Yup agree Kennedy is shite but not convinced he’d be any worse than some of the performances we’ve seen lately.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup agree Kennedy is shite but not convinced he’d be any worse than some of the performances we’ve seen lately.

It’s amazing how a shite player becomes a slightly less shite player when he’s not in the team. 

We have thousands of pounds per week on the wage bill that we shouldn’t. 

Kennedy, McGeouch, McGinn, Devlin are just four we could easily cope without & save ourselves a fortune. 

We do ourselves no favours. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s amazing how a shite player becomes a slightly less shite player when he’s not in the team. 

We have thousands of pounds per week on the wage bill that we shouldn’t. 

Kennedy, McGeouch, McGinn, Devlin are just four we could easily cope without & save ourselves a fortune. 

We do ourselves no favours. 

Agreed

But Kennedy would be better in the role ojo is playing 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Millertime said:

Agreed

But Kennedy would be better in the role ojo is playing 

Did you see Kennedy last season?

Just now, RUL said:

Did you see Kennedy last season?

Yep

Have you seen Ojo this season?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Millertime said:

Yep

Have you seen Ojo this season?

Aye, already matched Kennedy total of goals in the whole of last season, speaks volumes.

Just now, RUL said:

Aye, already matched Kennedy total of goals in the whole of last season, speaks volumes.

He is natural for that position,  he would be better than ojo

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RUL said:

He was playing RWB in fairness.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Is Ojo playing right wing back?

JET says the misfiring attack will come good soon.

They’ve certainly had plenty practice in the last 3 games with 54 attempts on goal for one return 

I know Ojo has been shite (especially in front of goal) but has he really been so bad that Kennedy has serious chance of getting him out of the team? 😮

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I know Ojo has been shite (especially in front of goal) but has he really been so bad that Kennedy has serious chance of getting him out of the team? 😮

I don't think he will. Kennedy is persona non grata. Has he even made one bench domestically this season? 

But I can't stress how much of a weak link Ojo is in that attacking midfield role. He's forever out of position meaning we surrender possession in midfield on the break. 

And he can't be trusted to play a decent final ball or to finish. So what's the point? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Anyone guess 

• Haha 1

We played surprisingly well on Saturday, which coupled with your loss against Ross gives me some hope going into this one. We've not had a lot of luck this season - the Sportscene panelists agreed that we've had two goals erroneously ruled offside, for example - so we're still looking for our first win, but I'd say we're in a false position.

Looking forward to a good game. It'll be strange to see Scott Brown in red. 

11 minutes ago, GlesgaSaint said:

We played surprisingly well on Saturday, which coupled with your loss against Ross gives me some hope going into this one. We've not had a lot of luck this season - the Sportscene panelists agreed that we've had two goals erroneously ruled offside, for example - so we're still looking for our first win, but I'd say we're in a false position.

Looking forward to a good game. It'll be strange to see Scott Brown in red. 

1-0 St Mirren.

Destiny that Curtis useless cunt Main scores. 

PS - if you’re “looking forward to a good game” prepare to be disappointed 😄

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

7-1 to the Aberdeen. 

Bang on bud,  7 misses to Aberdeen to one scored by St Mirren.   

• Haha 1

I imagine we'll come roaring out the gates, looking at this as our best chance to get the Glass Express back on the rails..

I also imagine none of the inherent problems will have been addressed. 

On 9/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think he will. Kennedy is persona non grata. Has he even made one bench domestically this season? 

But I can't stress how much of a weak link Ojo is in that attacking midfield role. He's forever out of position meaning we surrender possession in midfield on the break. 

And he can't be trusted to play a decent final ball or to finish. So what's the point? 

Ojo is shite. End of. He should never been anywhere near our club but culpability for this lies primarily with recruitment and management staff who have the common main modus operandi in having quantity above quality, whilst trying trying to hoodwink us supporters into believing the new signings will improve our squad and bring quality. 

The performances of Ojo, Gallagher, Samuels, and Ramirez on Saturday were embarrassing. Ramirez's, in particular, was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an Aberdeen centre forward and it takes quite a special talent to achieve that. 

On 9/20/2021 at 7:01 PM, Millertime said:

More to the point, is Ojo a footballer or yet another imposter who has infiltrated our club disguised as one?

On 9/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

is Ojo a footballer 

Depends on your definition of "footballer".

If the likes of Darren Mackie and Nicky Maynard qualify for such a categorisation, then possibly.

Probably not though...