St Mirren 3 - 2 Aberdeen

Maybe Ferguson is just being stifled in midfield under Glass tactics & the transfer request & him not giving a shite now etc. is just a very convenient/obvious excuse for most to jump on?

Seem to remember he was also pretty shite (compared to his normal/better than average) for the latter part of last season also, even long before McInnes was binned. 

Don’t really think it is in his/agent, or dads interest for him to deliberately play shite just because of a wee huff.

Kenny McLean had a good few spells for us where he was completely off boil/non existent in games. Mostly in early parts of seasons. It happens. 

The midfield shape still confuses me. Brown is supposed to sit deeper I guess and Ferguson and Ojo are meant to play in front of him on either side of him? It's a lot of players crammed into a relatively small area of the pitch. The midfield is just as uninspiring as what it was under McInnes. Time to go 3412. More cover at the back, more opportunity for the full backs to push forward, less central midfielders getting in each others way, Hedges playing as a 10 linking middle to attack, a partner up alongside Ramirez to link with him.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Ramsay Brown Ferguson MacKenzie

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins

10 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The midfield shape still confuses me. Brown is supposed to sit deeper I guess and Ferguson and Ojo are meant to play in front of him on either side of him? It's a lot of players crammed into a relatively small area of the pitch. The midfield is just as uninspiring as what it was under McInnes. Time to go 3412. More cover at the back, more opportunity for the full backs to push forward, less central midfielders getting in each others way, Hedges playing as a 10 linking middle to attack, a partner up alongside Ramirez to link with him.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins

To add to that congestion in the middle up front it looks like the FB’s are being told to send in diagonal balls early more so than trying to get closer to byline before crossing in. I assume to justify all these players being shoehorned in middle but all it’s doing is causing confusion & having too many players on top of each other.

This (to my simple mind) is pretty much all that Glass is ‘trying to do things a little differently’ as he says.

Ramsay is doing a fantastic job to play so well with this tactic, all things considered.

Changes a little when JET is playing as he gives Ramsay a bit more support out wide

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

To add to that congestion in the middle up front it looks like the FB’s are being told to send in diagonal balls early more so than trying to get closer to byline before crossing in. I assume to justify all these players being shoehorned in middle but all it’s doing is causing confusion & having too many players on top of each other.

This (to my simple mind) is pretty much all that Glass is ‘trying to do things a little differently’ as he says.

Ramsay is doing a fantastic job to play so well with this tactic, all things considered.

Changes a little when JET is playing as he gives Ramsay a bit more support out wide

What? Jet offers no support at all to Ramsay. 

9 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins

MacKenzie isn't a good enough footballer to play in midfield

10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Ramsay Brown Longstaff MacKenzie

Hedges Ferguson

Ramirez 

Wouldn’t surprise me if we go to a back 3 today; isn’t that the usual belt and braces approach when it’s all going to shit?

The edited team as per above 

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He's not playing midfield, he's playing as an advanced wing back. 

That formation is, Imo, our best bet of anything happening. 

Yup, wing back role in a 3412 type formation would suit Ramsay and MacKenzie best I think. MacKenzie isn't as attack minded as Ramsay, but I think he's done a pretty decent job so far, and he does get forward and put good balls into the box. I'd have him as my left wing back ahead of Hayes at the moment - he's been pretty atrocious this season (and last season too).