Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

1 hour ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Tough one one to take but luck is rarely on your side when you're shite.

Could have won the game never mind draw.

All the recruitment in the summer and we still look very poor at the back and it's cost us the game today.

In what sense were we unlucky?

they hit the bar and had one chopped off, you could argue they were unlucky. I can’t recall us having any bad luck. 

The first 45 mins were woeful. Real insipid pathetic stuff from us. 

this was a game we could and should have gone at them from the off. It was eerily reminiscent of many of McInnes’ performances against them. Start badly, lose a goal then have a spell where we actually attack and we look half decent. We realise they’re not actually world beaters. We still lose. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Been like that for a few games now. 

Looks like he's been told not to play so high up the pitch. Seems to be sitting more at the half way line now whereas he was more or less up at the 18 yard line previously. 

Thats just killing the best part of his game and exposing the weakest part

Maybe play him in place of Samuels further forward 

34 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

In what sense were we unlucky?

they hit the bar and had one chopped off, you could argue they were unlucky. I can’t recall us having any bad luck. 

The first 45 mins were woeful. Real insipid pathetic stuff from us. 

this was a game we could and should have gone at them from the off. It was eerily reminiscent of many of McInnes’ performances against them. Start badly, lose a goal then have a spell where we actually attack and we look half decent. We realise they’re not actually world beaters. We still lose. 

Exactly and surely a looping goal scored via Ferguson's shoulder can be considered to have bit of luck about it. 

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Exactly and surely a looping goal scored via Ferguson's shoulder can be considered to have bit of luck about it. 

We’ve had plenty luck.

Todays goal.  

The Ramirez goal that stole a point in 90th minute against Ross County when the keeper fumbled.

The MacKenzie winner at Livi after the keeper fumbled.

That’s 3 extra points in those two games alone, due to horrendous goalkeeping and bear in mind we’re just 5 off the bottom 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ve had plenty luck.

Todays goal.  

The Ramirez goal that stole a point in 90th minute against Ross County when the keeper fumbled.

The MacKenzie winner at Livi after the keeper fumbled.

That’s 3 extra points in those two games alone, due to horrendous goalkeeping and bear in mind we’re just 5 off the bottom 

Spot on 

I think the point being made is that if you take today’s game in isolation, we were unlucky not to take a point. We were.

After we scored, you could see a semblance of confidence returning and we almost took the lead. Alas, not to last.

The Dod Michael look a like was giving McKenzie a torrid time down our left side, almost like he was having to mark 2 men as Samuels wasn’t giving him any support. Maybe not the right day to be criticising him but looks to me more like a centre half long term  than a left back

WTF was their 2nd goal celebration all about? Deserved any coins aff their heeds that may or may not have lobbed from the RedShed. 

Was Longstaff playing the number 10 role? I’m assuming here that Hedges was a late call off, who would have played that role?

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s all good having a go at JET but I bet he would have done more on the pitch than Longstaff. What a horrific signing. Brings absolutely nothing to the club. Him and Jenks should be sent on the first train heading over the border fully masked up (preferably with a plastic bag with tape wrapped around it).

Aye I agree with that.

If you continually stand off your opponents & give them too much space then you pay the penalty.

Just now, NEM said:

Wow we scored a goal! How did that turn out?

We are conceding 1st goal far too often. Be nice to score 1st for a change.

Halfway through October & we are looking a Dundee away as a must win now.

Crazy times.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

I had a similar discussion with @dazzy_deff about JET.  I said he wouldn't be used against the OF, because off the ball, he's like a man down.  I didn't want to see him in these games... yet today, at 1-1 as time wore down, I hoping he'd make an appearance - just to see if he could produce that moment of magic to win us the game... To be honest Celtic aren't much chop.  So maybe we could have accommodated him?

One of our problems later in the game today was that we did not have an out ball, ball carrier.

Samuels and Hayes had run their course. JET wouldn’t have offered that

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Going to be a tense old night at Dens Park. 

Cormack will be happy though that it's been rearranged so the yanks can tune in at a sociable time. 

If it’s another defeat in front of a very pished support I reckon Dave will be turning his TV off or at least watching on mute 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Any of you guys actually go to a game ?

Lacking up front but decent the 2nd half.

Ferguson looked a lot better further forward the 2nd half.

Never seen a Celtic team foul so much.Think it was 28 niggling fouls and Madden just ignored it.

I was at the game - Celtic were fucking shite and we were worse.

Not sure how anyone can defend that in the context of the past 2 months.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Brown was imperious 

Ramsay wasn't remotely as rampaging , why?

I missed the first 20 minutes with the loons fitba.

That said, people on here have been complaining about his defensive capabilities and today (as in other recent games) he fulfilled that role very effectively.

Ramsay was solid enough and curtailed their threats

Most of first half today was pretty crap but last 10 mins of it was better. Second half was a lot better scored one but should of had more.

Yet again tho it’s another game where the team has scored with every shot they had on target. that is the stat that is most worrying