Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Enough of the collective nonsense, the goal was 100% Bates's fault. The more I see it the worse it looks.

It wasn't. MacKenzie miscontrols a simple ball putting it straight out for a throw in. Which Celtic take quickly as MacKenzie is now out of position allowing their player yards of free space to fire in the cross.

Bates then admittedly makes a cunt of dealing with the cross.

But the root cause was MacKenzie

31 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It wasn't. MacKenzie miscontrols a simple ball putting it straight out for a throw in. Which Celtic take quickly as MacKenzie is now out of position allowing their player yards of free space to fire in the cross.

No blame on the ball to him and no blame for the zero help he received with a 2 v 1, excellent stuff.

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To blame for the first goal, in order of culpability: 

1. Bates 

2. McCrorie 

3. MacKenzie 

Blaming MacKenzie chiefly doesn't tally with how I saw it at all. 

Bates and Woods for me. (The Woods experiment has to end, utter dog shit)

Throwing Mackenzie under the bus was piss poor from Glass.

49 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Assume you don't like MacKenzie. 

Have spied a few digs from you directed his way. 

38 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Assume you don't like MacKenzie. 

Have spied a few digs from you directed his way. 

I don't think he's as good as many here think. As a left back he's got enough about himself to make himself a career in Scotland, not convinced that he'll still be with us beyond his current contract but shouldn't have much difficulty in getting a gig somewhere. 

He certainly isn't good enough to play in midfield though

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Can't really argue with that, but it is progression and if we can unlock the creative movement and pass then the job will be very much a good-un.

JET has that vision but lacks the workrate. Hedges has that capability but has been injured / ill. Watkins provide a great link up and could be a good foil for Ramirez, but is injured.

Our goals have come primarily from set plays, so if we get these guys back and more effective then it should see an upturn in our results

Hopefully !

• 2 weeks later...