Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Any of you guys actually go to a game ?

Lacking up front but decent the 2nd half.

Ferguson looked a lot better further forward the 2nd half.

Never seen a Celtic team foul so much.Think it was 28 niggling fouls and Madden just ignored it.

Yeah, I thought the second half was pretty good BUT Celtic offered very little. Should have won the game really because Woods was rarely called upon to do anything of note. Bitton should have been dealt with earlier and that ponce who scored the winner should have been carded.

7 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Any of you guys actually go to a game ?

Lacking up front but decent the 2nd half.

Ferguson looked a lot better further forward the 2nd half.

Never seen a Celtic team foul so much.Think it was 28 niggling fouls and Madden just ignored it.

I go to every game.

Except the home and away ones obvs.

Prick.

34 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Mcgeouch is a good player min.

Not playing him is one of our biggest mistakes imo.

I think he's a good player too.  A few years ago now, but when he played for Hibs, he was a good player.

Not sure what the issue with him has been... does he have a bad attitude?  Or is he constantly carrying injuries?

49 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Glass made a poor decision taking Brown off. Longstaff should have come off instead.

Better second half performance but yet again we were really poor today and didn't deserve to win.

We must have one of the worst records against Celtic in the league.

Brown asked to come off as he was cramping up

Just now, Sonoftherock said:

I think he's a good player too.  A few years ago now, but when he played for Hibs, he was a good player.

Not sure what the issue with him has been... does he have a bad attitude?  Or is he constantly carrying injuries?

McRorie had a really good game today,especially 2nd half where he was pushing forward.

It's time to get him back in midfield.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Ok Ernie which part did you disagree with?

The general folly of thinking a narrow defeat to Celtic was decent. They hadn't won away from home for 8 months. 

You say lacking up front.  So Glass promises attacking football and signs 13 players, yet we're lacking up front. 

What  about our defending? Did you not see that as you didn't mention it. 

Hart had a save from brown and he made a wee bit of a fuck up at the end of the first half. Other than that what? 

Decent in the second half? Does that include the goal Celtic scored? And does the first half not count. 

The problem with a 2-1 defeat to Celtic is that is gives us nothing in terms of points but is close enough to maintain the collective delusion. 

How long have you watched football/ the Dons? I assume you're under 30? Because if you're not then surely you've seen it all before and know this movie well enough to know how it ends? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He’s never getting on ahead of Brown or Ferguson, I’d have played him before Longstaff today though, and Hedges over both of them.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If he’s persisting with 4-3-3 he needs to change the balance of the midfielders in there.

Maybe have Brown in the middle & have Ferguson & Hedges either side of him. 

Hedges is never fit.

I would be withdrawing any contract offer to him.

Not worth it for a guy who hardly plays.

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

JET doesn’t merit or doubtful being useful in higher profile games.

Will show better when we need to unlock defences that sit in

I had a similar discussion with @dazzy_deff about JET.  I said he wouldn't be used against the OF, because off the ball, he's like a man down.  I didn't want to see him in these games... yet today, at 1-1 as time wore down, I hoping he'd make an appearance - just to see if he could produce that moment of magic to win us the game... To be honest Celtic aren't much chop.  So maybe we could have accommodated him?

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

We are going nowhere with this team. Fuck me longstaff was brutal. Clearly we have been told to play him by Newcastle. Absolutely no other reason to keep him on.

Was genuinely excited when McInnes left but this is actually worse. Shit times lads. 

just change the management now. This has ‘Cathro’ all over it. Can we try and get Calum Davidson in. 

If we’re being told by Newcastle to play him, how come we’ve hardly played him?

• Upvote 1

Deserved a point there.

Maybe an improvement shown but so many basic errors in terms of passing.  A lot of the players look done in terms of confidence.  Celtic are poor and we couldnt get stuck in to them until the second half for some reason.  We actually looked like a team who had been training together at times.

Bates in particular looks a panicking wreck, which leads to awful clearances or passing.  Weird with him actually playing at a decent level for a while.

One other plus point, being back in my Main Stand seat.

It’s all good having a go at JET but I bet he would have done more on the pitch than Longstaff. What a horrific signing. Brings absolutely nothing to the club. Him and Jenks should be sent on the first train heading over the border fully masked up (preferably with a plastic bag with tape wrapped around it).