Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're at it min. 

Definitely trolling 

How the fuck is it trolling?

The last 6 months under McInnes was the worst. I dozed off a few times watching on the PPV.

Much more enjoyable watch now AND able to get in the grounds is a massive boost.

‘Supporting the team is trolling? Get a grip

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

How the fuck is it trolling?

The last 6 months under McInnes was the worst. I dozed off a few times watching on the PPV.

Much more enjoyable watch now AND able to get in the grounds is a massive boost.

‘Supporting the team is trolling? Get a grip

I'm glad you're enjoying being back at the games. Genuinely. I can't go on Sundays so have hardly been this season so far. 

But you're basically on here saying that you're enjoying watching us get beat every single week. 

Are you that happy to be back at Pittodrie that the results don't matter any more? 

How long before you start to question whether this is going to work or not?  Genuine question. 

• Upvote 1

Glass is not going to be sacked. Cormack and the board have a system they want to implement and it needs the correct players. I just don't think they realize how difficult it was to change everything all at once. We need to re-haul the squad completely and that takes both time and alot of money. Neither which we have ample amounts of.

Remember we have changed alot of the staff, players and the system all within the last 5 months. There is alot more to this than just Glass.

We have made far too many changes in such a short period of time.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, super_al said:

Glass is not going to be sacked. Cormack and the board have a system they want to implement and it needs the correct players. I just don't think they realize how difficult it was to change everything all at once. We need to re-haul the squad completely and that takes both time and alot of money. Neither which we have ample amounts of.

Remember we have changed alot of the staff, players and the system all within the last 5 months. There is alot more to this than just Glass.

We have made far too many changes in such a short period of time.

?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

He reckons he is a striker.

How come a young guy like that is knackered after 60 mins ?

Cos he’s nowhere near 100% fit, but being forced into action due to Hedges and Watkins continued inaction?

I thought Samuels did all right today, either wing.

But we simply don’t have enough players to hurt even shit defences like Sellic’s. Fuck all creativity in midfield 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm glad you're enjoying being back at the games. Genuinely. I can't go on Sundays so have hardly been this season so far. 

But you're basically on here saying that you're enjoying watching us get beat every single week. 

I don’t enjoy getting beat, but am enjoying the games.

There’s far more to it than just the final result.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How long before you start to question whether this is going to work or not?  Genuine question. 

The team is in transition and I can see what we are trying to do. Billy Dodds said the same after the game on the radio

The manager needs time to put a team in place and also for it to click.

We’re creating more than the opposition most games and it should in turn mean we’ll get more positive results.

I’d say Glass needs the full season, probably also into the start of next season (3 windows) to give him a fair chance. Would be the same for any manager coming in.

I take it you’re in the Glass Oot  camp

10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The team is in transition and I can see what we are trying to do. Billy Dodds said the same after the game on the radio

We’re creating more than the opposition most games and it should in turn mean we’ll get more positive results.

I’d say Glass needs the full season, probably also into the start of next season (3 windows) to give him a fair chance. Would be the same for any manager coming in.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there I'm afraid. 

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We really aren't. We create very little. Possibly lots of possession (not today), with little in front of goal. 

2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

We really aren't. We create very little. Possibly lots of possession (not today), with little in front of goal. 

We created more than Celtic today.

we turned the game round and we’re beating St Mirren till Collum sent Jenks off

We created more than St Johnstone

We created more than Motherwell]

we created more than Ross county.

All these teams however have been clinical with their opportunities

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Love Chase and Status 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ve had plenty luck.

Todays goal.  

The Ramirez goal that stole a point in 90th minute against Ross County when the keeper fumbled.

The MacKenzie winner at Livi after the keeper fumbled.

That’s 3 extra points in those two games alone, due to horrendous goalkeeping and bear in mind we’re just 5 off the bottom 

And without those 2 goalkeeping blunders we would be 11th.

Still think we won't be dragged into a relegation battle but when your giving away cheap goals every week it's going to be a long, long season.

How many defeats will you tolerate as long as we are 'creating' more than the opposition? 

And what do you class as creating?  We maybe had 3 proper chances today? 

I disagree. We've held on to the ball alot and done little with it. 

Collum was right to send jenks off. He made a stupid second challenge whilst on a yellow.  Other than set pieces, we created very little. St mirren was a prime example of that...

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

How many defeats will you tolerate as long as we are 'creating' more than the opposition? 

And what do you class as creating?  We maybe had 3 proper chances today? 

Our issue is certainly creating from open play. All our decent chances / goals are coming from set pieces. Hedges and or Watkins may help there when they get back in the team.

I’m certainly not one to give up, just because the results aren’t transposing as the play would indicate.

Disappointing result yet again. People will say we put in a good performance considering it was Celtic - but Celtic are nowhere near as good as they were even last season - other than maybe Kyogo, Turnball and McGregor they are a very average side.

I'm sick of Glass playing this 433 thing where there's nobody within a million miles of Ramirez. You can see when he takes the ball in with other players near him he can hold it up and flick it on etc, but for most of this season he's been ploughing a lone furrow which is likely only exhausting him and deflating him.

I'm also sick of these loanees from England. Why sign Longstaff when we have McGeouch who is a better player in that position? Why sign Samuels when we already have a fast headless chicken called McLennan who probably offers more? Don't even get me started on Jenks (hope his suspension lasts the rest of the season).

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Our issue is certainly creating from open play. All our decent chances / goals are coming from set pieces. Hedges and or Watkins may help there when they get back in the team.

I’m certainly not one to give up, just because the results aren’t transposing as the play would indicate.

How many defeats?