Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

10 hours ago, redone said:

Wait , you’re actually using managers who between them have won multiple titles in Spain , Italy and England and Champions Leagues .......as a comparison.with John Hughes ? ??,   Full of shit doesn’t do you justice.

And leave me out of your Gaylord fantasies please. 

You effectively said that Hughes must be shite as he is out of work, yet the others are out of work so surely they must be shite too.  Either that or your initial point was rather flawed. 

Again, at no point was there even a hint of a suggestion that Hughes was of a similar standing. You are all over the shop.  

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to mould a team.

We have a different view and expectations of where we ought to be at this stage of the transition. Whilst I would have liked us to accumulate more points as we should have deserved for our play, it does warrant a bit more patience to realise this target.

It may not come to pass and you guys may be correct about Glass. I'm just not ready to give up given the improvement in our play that I've seen

Rome wasn’t built in a day….
….But bricks were being laid every hour. 

Anyway, he’s clearly going to get more time, it’s up to him how much. 
The run of 4 fixtures coming up in October are obviously massive for him. 

If it’s 0 or 1 point from the 4 I think he could (should) be gone.  
If we beat Dundee & squeeze a draw & a win out of Hibs & Hearts at home, he’ll get more time. I’ve written off the Bastard Garden as a humping.

So October is pivotal.
IF (big if in my opinion) he gets 6 or 7 points in October, he then has a favourable run again & then it really is last chance saloon 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day….
….But bricks were being laid every hour. 

Anyway, he’s clearly going to get more time, it’s up to him how much. 
The run of 4 fixtures coming up in October are obviously massive for him. 

If it’s 0 or 1 point from the 4 I think he could (should) be gone.  
If we beat Dundee & squeeze a draw & a win out of Hibs & Hearts at home, he’ll get more time. I’ve written off the Bastard Garden as a humping.

So October is pivotal.
IF (big if in my opinion) he gets 6 or 7 points in October, he then has a favourable run again & then it really is last chance saloon 

October is not as pivotal as you suggest.

0 points out the next 4 would be really bad and at that point, he would maybe be in the last chance saloon for the post October games.

Personally, I think we'll get between 5 and 7 points, so at least 1 win out of the 4

We are not as bad as some are making out and its not insurmountable for us to click into place and go on a good positive run.

Glass will get at the very least till the end of the year, probably the whole season unless we do not start winning before the winter break  

Thought Mcgeouch looked Really good when he came on. Would be looking to drop Longstaff after that display, I genuinely believed he would improve us but far too many misplaced passes and have no real idea of what he was meant to be doing.
Although Woods didn’t have many saves, at free kicks, corners and balls into the box his positioning and decision making looked very suspect he had definitely got a clanger or two in him.

No win against Dundee and Glass has to be sacked.

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

0 points out the next 4 would be really bad and at that point, he would maybe be in the last chance saloon for the post October games.

Personally, I think we'll get between 5 and 7 points, so at least 1 win out of the 4

We are not as bad as some are making out and its not insurmountable for us to click into place and go on a good positive run.

Glass will get at the very least till the end of the year, probably the whole season unless we do not start winning before the winter break  

I think it is pivotal.

Say he doesn’t win any - that would be 13  without a win. 
Up there with the worst runs we’ve ever had. 

I’m not sure he could survive what would be the vast majority turning against him & the Board would probably act. 
Crowds would be sub 10k & we’d potentially be in 11th or even bottom. 

I think he needs some positive results or he’s gone. 

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

What the fuck are you on?  Your otimism is commendable but there is cunt all on the park to suggest such blind faith is anywhere near justified.

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think it is pivotal.

Say he doesn’t win any - that would be 13  without a win. 
Up there with the worst runs we’ve ever had. 

I’m not sure he could survive what would be the vast majority turning against him & the Board would probably act. 
Crowds would be sub 10k & we’d potentially be in 11th or even bottom. 

I think he needs some positive results or he’s gone. 

I agree he needs some results, I just don't think that a decision will be made at the end of the month.

I could be wrong though. Lets hope we get the results for the team irrespective of who the manager is

10 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

What the fuck are you on?  Your otimism is commendable but there is cunt all on the park to suggest such blind faith is anywhere near justified.

Differences of opinions. Plenty of voices in here for the glass oot message so is there anything wrong with an opposing view?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

I agree he needs some results, I just don't think that a decision will be made at the end of the month.

I could be wrong though. Lets hope we get the results for the team irrespective of who the manager is

Differences of opinions. Plenty of voices in here for the glass oot message so is there anything wrong with an opposing view?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s up to it, and can’t organise a team, but I would love nothing better than to say in a few weeks/months I was completely wrong.

4 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Unbelievably woeful defending by Bates 

Bates had time too a least make a effort but he made no effort at all 

Not impressed by efforts 

Not sure what Hamburg actually saw in the guy 

To date he looks like another long list of defenders who cannot defend 

I hope I am wrong 

Bates’ urgency levels are bordering on constipated. And it’s as bad coming out of defence with the ball as it is with the defending.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s up to it, and can’t organise a team, but I would love nothing better than to say in a few weeks/months I was completely wrong.

Would have given you a +1 but all out (nae sure how much you get per day)

Its clear we all want the best for Aberdeen. One of us will be wrong for sure and I hope its you as it means we've turned the corner and are getting better results as opposed to slipping down further and having to change it all out again. #NaeYogiHughesOrNeilLennonFFS

22 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

i thought Mcgeouch looked good but he also looked far to slow.  Many a time he was nearly caught with the ball

Drivel. He waits for players to come in then pops it off. He kept the ball very well. 

He’s a good player, I don’t get why he’s not played more often.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Would have given you a +1 but all out (nae sure how much you get per day)

Its clear we all want the best for Aberdeen. One of us will be wrong for sure and I hope its you as it means we've turned the corner and are getting better results as opposed to slipping down further and having to change it all out again. #NaeYogiHughesOrNeilLennonFFS

Agree 

16 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

We created more than Celtic today.

we turned the game round and we’re beating St Mirren till Collum sent Jenks off

We created more than St Johnstone

We created more than Motherwell]

we created more than Ross county.

All these teams however have been clinical with their opportunities

Dangerously close to saying too good to go down.

For the record I think we are and we won’t but it’s not a thesis I’d like to test.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Not looking for an argument, mad...but what is it you see in our play that makes you think we're improving? 

26 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Not looking for an argument, mad...but what is it you see in our play that makes you think we're improving? 

Debate is good, nothing wrong with that.

I've said a number of times, but again to repeat myself (but keeping it short) we are dominating games more, with more possession and more chances created than the opposition.

What missing is being more clinical and tightening up on sloppy goals.

IF we can do those, our play will result in better results and we'll climb the league again.

We're not far away, so I'm willing to be patient and see if it can come good.

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the problem.  He looks good in fits and starts for little cameos but when he has to play 90 minutes his inability to get around the pitch becomes a big issue 

He needs to play then? Can’t just expect someone to run for 90 minutes no bother without appropriate game time. Longstaff was an example yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Debate is good, nothing wrong with that.

I've said a number of times, but again to repeat myself (but keeping it short) we are dominating games more, with more possession and more chances created than the opposition.

What missing is being more clinical and tightening up on sloppy goals.

IF we can do those, our play will result in better results and we'll climb the league again.

We're not far away, so I'm willing to be patient and see if it can come good.

Nah fair enough. We are def keeping the ball more, I just don't think we're doing much with it though. A lack of clinical passing. That's one of the issues I have. 

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Nah fair enough. We are def keeping the ball more, I just don't think we're doing much with it though. A lack of clinical passing. That's one of the issues I have. 

Just said similar in one of the Glass threads. No surprise we have decent possession as we have decent CM's and we are trying to play out from the back. However it's VERY slow and it's all possession in really areas where teams are comfortable to give us the ball (our own half or just over halfway). I'm all for passing rather than hoofball but it requires tempo and movement to make it worthwhile, otherwise it's essentially pointless.

When it comes to getting in behind teams or breaking down a team who's sitting in(low block for the modern folk ;) ) we really struggle as we don't have much width bar Ramsay bombing forward, Hayes legs are done and Hedges prefers to try and come inside and link up quickly with a striker or attacking midfielder - Ramirez isn't going to work the ball like that and bar maybe Ferguson we don't have anyone trying to get beyond the defence or in the channels.
We are quite easy to set-up against really especially for a lesser side. Get in shape and i'd think we'd have 70% possession and maybe a few shots but very few well created gilt edged chances. Bar a worldie, I wouldn't be worried about us in terms of how we set-up and play, that's very concerning.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Unbelievably woeful defending by Bates 

Bates had time too a least make a effort but he made no effort at all 

Not impressed by efforts 

Not sure what Hamburg actually saw in the guy 

To date he looks like another long list of defenders who cannot defend 

I hope I am wrong 

David Bates should be nowhere near our squad again but having ridiculously given him a 4 year contract, it seems we are stuck with him.

An absolutely awful defender. 

Ideally Bates, Samuels (no end product whatsoever) and Longstaff (very weak and slow) should never wear the Aberdeen shirt again.

The only 2 new signings that have contributed anything of note are Scott Brown and Cristian Ramirez, and that is truly fucking shocking out of 10 newbies.

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

David Bates should be nowhere near our squad again but having ridiculously given him a 4 year contract, it seems we are stuck with him.

An absolutely awful defender. 

Ideally Bates, Samuels (no end product whatsoever) and Longstaff (very weak and slow) should never wear the Aberdeen shirt again.

The only 2 new signings that have contributed anything of note are Scott Brown and Cristian Ramirez, and that is truly fucking shocking out of 10 newbies.

Samuels was the only player that actually looked like creating anything. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Samuels was the only player that actually looked like creating anything. 

"Looked like creating" being spot on, but he never created a thing as time and time again he could not pick out a team-mate. His end product is atrocious. He wouldn't even get a game for Fort William.

Going by his career "progression" prior to coming to Aberdeen, we could have all foreseen this. It's not hindsight, it was a case of applying reason, logic, and deduction at the time of his signing. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I don't think Bates is completely woeful. That's a tad dramatic.

But on current showing, he's not performing as well as the cunt should be.

He's far better than current viewing.

I have yet to see it min and going by what we all have been subjected to, we won't be seeing an improvement any time soon.

He was culpable for each of 3 goals last weekend and for their first yesterday. It was a though he standing in treacle for the Jap's goal. His positioning for their winner was very poor as well. 

It's as though he hasn't been a central defender in his life prior to joining us. 

39 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He needs to play then? Can’t just expect someone to run for 90 minutes no bother without appropriate game time. Longstaff was an example yesterday. 

Aye. 

But he's been here almost 2 years and never seems to be able to put a run of games together. 

We can't trust him to be available when we need him, a bit like Hedges. You can't wait for these guys forever 

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I have yet to see it min and going by what we all have been subjected to, we won't be seeing an improvement any time soon.

He was culpable for each of 3 goals last weekend and for their first yesterday. It was a though he standing in treacle for the Jap's goal. His positioning for their winner was very poor as well. 

It's as though he hasn't been a central defender in his life prior to joining us. 

MacKenzie just as responsible for both goals. Totally switched off twice.