1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Yep. But you blindly defend him

No, I don’t.

I have a different opinion is all and think he (or indeed any manager that we took in) should be allowed more time.

In my opinion, there are definite indications that we are performing better than the end of last season and I’m prepared to allow him time to turn it around.

We have differing opinions, that’s fine and natural

Just now, afc1903mad said:

No, I don’t.

I have a different opinion is all and think he (or indeed any manager that we took in) should be allowed more time.

In my opinion, there are definite indications that we are performing better than the end of last season and I’m prepared to allow him time to turn it around.

We have differing opinions, that’s fine and natural

No, you are. 

it wouldn't be difficult to play better than last season - though I'd argue we aren't. We pass the ball around a lot, without threatening opposition. It's far too easy. Teams know that they can let us keep the ball, as we don't do anything with it. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't take you seriously at all. 

I said “the internet” thicko, I don’t gaf if you don’t take me seriously ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Sack right away for me although I think the board will take the option of reviewing at the end of October. A win against Dundee might make them kick the can down the road a bit but if he takes less than 3 points from Dundee, Hibs, sevco and Hearts then they surely cannot let him carry on any further.

Neil would be my choice but he might be too expensive and he was definitely asked if he was interested in the Celtic job not that long after Preston bulleted him and was quite unequivocal that he wanted to stay in England. But we could only ask and if he said no then look elsewhere. I really don't think Lennon would be considered....he's done nothing of any note other than at Celtic and he even managed to make a cunt of that in short order second time around.

My hunch is that the board would appoint Brown as manager, but bring in an experienced assistant alongside. Maybe if they's done this with Glass things might have turned out differently.

Okay penfold but how about that 11th place finish?

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Honestly football isn’t for you. You hate absolutely everything to do with it.

Would my time be better wasted wailing and gnashing my teeth all afternoon? Do I need to cry into my pillow at night before football is “for me”? When was the last time you had your hole you specky bastard.

It's nothing but blind faith now. 

Glass has no track record to fall back on so people are just hoping something happens and are clutching at straws trying to find positives.

Even the manager himself after the game said he was going to keep on doing the same thing.

But we've been well and truly sussed already by other managers that people don't like to give credit to but are at least streetwise if nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Would my time be better wasted wailing and gnashing my teeth all afternoon? Do I need to cry into my pillow at night before football is “for me”? When was the last time you had your hole you specky bastard.

Losing it imo. Throwing out insults left right and centre. 

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Even the manager himself after the game said he was going to keep on doing the same thing.

Aye big Tyrone asked him 3 times but Glasshole just wouldnt give in. Stubborn cunt.

Surely someone has to be adressing that the current set up isn't working? We haven't won since August ffs.

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, super_al said:

Clearly folk aren't paying attention as we will not be appointing an experienced manager any time soon. Dave has said several times that they are looking for "emerging talent". 

Unless you can think of a better rookie manager, its Glass for the short term. 

‘Dave’ will one day have to admit he’s out of his depth or he’ll be calling in the administrator pretty sharpish. He’s a fucking arsehole.

5 minutes ago, super_al said:

Clearly folk aren't paying attention as we will not be appointing an experienced manager any time soon. Dave has said several times that they are looking for "emerging talent". 

Unless you can think of a better rookie manager, its Glass for the short term. 

He also said the players being signed would be emerging talent. None are so I wouldn’t believe what he’s said

2 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Aye big Tyrone asked him 3 times but Glasshole just wouldnt give in. Stubborn cunt.

Surely someone has to be adressing that the current set up isn't working? We haven't won since August ffs.

I notice Grampians jug eared prick Harvey never gets to interview folk , how could you take that glaikit cunt seriously , how the fuck he managed to get his missus fuck alone knows

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

I notice Grampians jug eared prick Harvey never gets to interview folk , how could you take that glaikit cunt seriously , how the fuck he managed to get his missus fuck alone knows

Huge nudger, nqat.

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's nothing but blind faith now. 

Glass has no track record to fall back on so people are just hoping something happens and are clutching at straws trying to find positives.

But we've been well and truly sussed already by other managers that people don't like to give credit to but are at least streetwise if nothing else. 

But if we had an experienced manager like Alex Neil, you would be ok giving him more time?

20 minutes ago, super_al said:

But if we had an experienced manager like Alex Neil, you would be ok giving him more time?

Yeah possibly, depends how bad it was. If it was naive as what we're watching then I'd have my doubts. 

But the difference is that an experienced manager is likely to have a track record from somewhere to give people hope he might actually be able to turn it around. 

Like it or not, a rookie manager has to get off to a good start.  Our guy just keeps saying he's going to keep doing the same things and that everything is an easy fix with a bit more practice. 

But he's just starting to sound a bit stubborn and foolish. 

Do you think he made the right call bringing in an inexperienced backroom team? 

38 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You in general are the most raging person on here by distance. You can tell how upset and rattled you get over the comments on here. Save yourself the hassle and don’t bother.

I don’t have glasses.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

You in general are the most raging person on here by distance. You can tell how upset and rattled you get over the comments on here. Save yourself the hassle and don’t bother.

I don’t have glasses.

Yet posters claim I don’t get it or don’t care, which is it? ??‍♂️

At least the specs might give you an excuse for being an adult fanboy virgin

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Could be in serious trouble by the end of October. 

Certainly need to start looking for a contingency plan in case we're in a relegation battle at Xmas. 

The GWT will be in and Samuels arse won't even touch the pan.

I agree that a relegation battle could well be on the cards based on the results but I can't see Glass being sacked.

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah possibly, depends how bad it was. If it was naive as what we're watching then I'd have my doubts. 

But the difference is that an experienced manager is likely to have a track record from somewhere to give people hope he might actually be able to turn it around. 

Like it or not, a rookie manager has to get off to a good start.  Our guy just keeps saying he's going to keep doing the same things and that everything is an easy fix with a bit more practice. 

But he's just starting to sound a bit stubborn and foolish. 

Do you think he made the right call bringing in an inexperienced backroom team? 

The backroom staff that Glass brought in are not inexperienced. Gunn and the new head of recruitment are in their roles though.