Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

6 minutes ago, super_al said:

The backroom staff that Glass brought in are not inexperienced. Gunn and the new head of recruitment are in their roles though. 

Russell, Brown and Henry aren't inexperienced? 

Which clubs have they coached at before? 

I know Russell has his coaching business and has trained a few individual players, had a gig with the English strikers for a short period. But has he been employed by a club full time as a coach before? 

Henry worked at Atlanta 2 for a wee while. What else has he done? 

Brown's first senior coaching gig?

I'd call that a pretty inexperienced backroom staff. 

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Right, you mean ??‍♂️

Aye nobody said it was gonna be a bed of roses, but likewise Cormack and Glass were talking about exciting signings and trophies in the cabinet.

They never mentioned anything about going on the clubs worst run  since Ebbe. And nor do I believe that this is part of the plan of transition. Cormack didn't expect this either. 

You're trying to rewrite the transition that was sold by the club and make out that this is a few bumps in the road. Deep down you know its bollocks as this is not a hurdle in the road, but is actually abject failure. 

The plan failed. Let's move on. 

1 hour ago, super_al said:

But if we had an experienced manager like Alex Neil, you would be ok giving him more time?

An experienced manager like Neil wouldn't have recruited anywhere near as badly as what Glass has done. Now there was for sure a big rebuild job on our hands and I'm not saying that Neil would have us up challenging at the top but on the other hand, he would certainly have us taking care of the likes of Coonty and St Mirren with the budget we made available to Glass. We'd be comfortable in about 5th place and with a system of play bedding in and looking forward with optimism to the rest of the season.

Right now there's absolutely nothing to be positive about

I know we won't do this but surely we should be looking at someone like Brian Rice as an assistant? Carved out his career as an assistant and then when he went to Hamilton his remit was all about developing youth. Yes they ended up relegated but they were due relegation for years. If purely just for that fucking abomination of a pitch. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I know we won't do this but surely we should be looking at someone like Brian Rice as an assistant? Carved out his career as an assistant and then when he went to Hamilton his remit was all about developing youth. Yes they ended up relegated but they were due relegation for years. If purely just for that fucking abomination of a pitch. 

Assistant to Yogi. They’ve worked together before. 
Good shout.

?

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye nobody said it was gonna be a bed of roses, but likewise Cormack and Glass were talking about exciting signings and trophies in the cabinet.

They never mentioned anything about going on the clubs worst run  since Ebbe. And nor do I believe that this is part of the plan of transition. Cormack didn't expect this either. 

Your trying to rewrite the transition that was sold by the club and make out that this is a few bumps in the road. Deep down you know its bollocks and this is not a hurdle in the road, but is actually abject failure. 

I’m just of the opinion that the hypocrisy on display is utterly hilarious. All this talk of not wanting a Scottish football old boy and giving a new young manager a season or so to get bedded in disappeared after about three games. Now people want the manager punted and shite like John Hughes or Neil Lennon in charge. It’s fucking depressing.

13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

An experienced manager like Neil wouldn't have recruited anywhere near as badly as what Glass has done. Now there was for sure a big rebuild job on our hands and I'm not saying that Neil would have us up challenging at the top but on the other hand, he would certainly have us taking care of the likes of Coonty and St Mirren with the budget we made available to Glass. We'd be comfortable in about 5th place and with a system of play bedding in and looking forward with optimism to the rest of the season.

Right now there's absolutely nothing to be positive about

11th place? A bet? Why are you avoiding it?

26 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

You're trying to rewrite the transition that was sold by the club and make out that this is a few bumps in the road. Deep down you know its bollocks as this is not a hurdle in the road, but is actually abject failure. 

Yeah that would've got the fans onside, telling them you're planning to be shite and go on a shite run.

14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I’m just of the opinion that the hypocrisy on display is utterly hilarious. All this talk of not wanting a Scottish football old boy and giving a new young manager a season or so to get bedded in disappeared after about three games. Now people want the manager punted and shite like John Hughes or Neil Lennon in charge. It’s fucking depressing.

Bottom line is you've got to get results whether you are a rookie or not. 

I'd suggest it's not a good idea to go on a nine match run without a win at any time in your managerial career.  There's not going to be many supporters of any club jumping with joy at a run like that. 

It's our worst run in eleven years and he had a relatively straightforward run of games to navigate in that period, Qarabag aside. 

Making blatant mistakes and being stubborn about defending them won't help him much either. 

He's got to get himself out of this quickly or he'll be sacrificed, regardless of how big a pal he is with Cormack. Glass will know this himself. 

And the only way he will do that is by picking up a few wins. 

26 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There's nothing wrong with Cormack wanting a new young manager in principle. But it has to be the right new young manager, and if that had been Glass then fair enough regardless of whether or not he was Dave's mate. 

But it's clear that Glass isn't up to it. So why continue down this path. 

But your attitude comes across as "Well fuck you all this is what you wanted, so we're all just gonna have to see this out to  the death".  But that's not necessary. 

Dave made a mistake. Why not fix it? Or would you destroy the club out of spite. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Roberto said:

I ain't getting someone sacked from their job. Wise up.

Playing staff or one of the many lifers that drain resources out of the club?

6 hours ago, Hoofball said:

I’d give him against Dundee and make him fully aware anything other than a win and it’s P45. 

Next question who does Cormack replace him with?

Goodwin with Brown as his player/assistant manager 

If we can’t afford Goodwin, then get Yogi in until end of season & see where we stand then & who is available.

Glass needs binned now. A win against Dundee shouldn’t be something that saves the yewsless cunt just to prolong the obvious shambles of an appointment 

Yeah, come to think of it, this isn't particularly fair on Brown. 

As assistant manager you'd expect to be learning the trade of football manager from the manager, with the intention of one day taking that knowledge and applying it as a manager in your own right. 

Trying to think what Brown is learning from Glass.