292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

No, I don’t.

I have a different opinion is all and think he (or indeed any manager that we took in) should be allowed more time.

In my opinion, there are definite indications that we are performing better than the end of last season and I’m prepared to allow him time to turn it around.

We have differing opinions, that’s fine and natural

Just how bad would a manager have to be for you to change your opinion on them being given ‘more time’ or would you give any shite manager ‘more time’ regardless just because they are Aberdeen manager?

If Glass continuously played 11 central midfielders (one of them in goal obviously) just because he loves them so much. Would/should he still be excused of that & given ‘more time’

my point being. Wtf has he done to deserve ‘more time’ when does it become acceptable to admit a turd is in fact a turd? 

8 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Does anyone know how Glass’s record compares to Callum Davidson’s in his first season as a Manager at St Johnstone

League form, not cups obviously...

Why does Glass get excused from cup knock outs & Davidson loses his credit for progressive form? 
Don’t see the point of the question when it’s clearly asked with intent of biased defence of our shite manager over that of a proven competent one

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Just how bad would a manager have to be for you to change your opinion on them being given ‘more time’ or would you give any shite manager ‘more time’ regardless just because they are Aberdeen manager

I’ve answered this a number of times, but to repeat myself. I think they should be given time to turn it around until I can no longer see that they have the ability, desire or appetite to make the changes required.

Many wanted McInnes sacked long before I did. Come around Christmas last year, it became clear that McInnes’s time was up.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If Glass continuously played 11 central midfielders (one of them in goal obviously) just because he loves them so much. Would/should he still be excused of that & given ‘more time’

Did you really ask such a stupid unrealistic question?

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

my point being. Wtf has he done to deserve ‘more time’ when does it become acceptable to admit a turd is in fact a turd? 

Repeating yourself here. I’ve already answered numerous times

30 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, come to think of it, this isn't particularly fair on Brown. 

As assistant manager you'd expect to be learning the trade of football manager from the manager, with the intention of one day taking that knowledge and applying it as a manager in your own right. 

Trying to think what Brown is learning from Glass. 

If Cormack was that desperate for Glass to be his man he should’ve made him assistant to an experienced manager and then taken the reigns. 

Brown is learning how not to massively fuck up his first managerial position

Up to 4th Oct 2020

Callum Davidson:

Drew 1

Won 2

Lost 7

Just as well he wasn't our manager as we would have been trying to get him sacked as well.  

I didn't want Glass as our manager but I can see improvement from the Mcinnes shit show.  I do think we need to give him time,  maybe one more transfer window to sort this out.

I really dont want to go back to the Manager merry go round we had in the 90's

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why does Glass get excused from cup knock outs & Davidson loses his credit for progressive form? 
Don’t see the point of the question when it’s clearly asked with intent of biased defence of our shite manager over that of a proven competent one

But he wasnt competent until he was given time

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’ve answered this a number of times, but to repeat myself. I think they should be given time to turn it around until I can no longer see that they have the ability, desire or appetite to make the changes required.

Many wanted McInnes sacked long before I did. Come around Christmas last year, it became clear that McInnes’s time was up.

Did you really ask such a stupid unrealistic question?

Repeating yourself here. I’ve already answered numerous times

So if we had appointed an actual neep. I mean literally an actual fkn vegetable as manager. Your argument would still be that it should be given more time rather than admit that the appointment was a complete failure/fk up?

Did you really make such a stupid unreasonable justification for keeping a shite manager with zero credentials?

10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So if we had appointed an actual neep. I mean literally an actual fkn vegetable as manager. Your argument would still be that it should be given more time rather than admit that the appointment was a complete failure/fk up?

Did you really make such a stupid unreasonable justification for keeping a shite manager with zero credentials?

Going by your argument you would have sacked Callum Davidson and not given him the time to turn things around?

After all he did lose more games than Glass has in the same period, in his first full season at St Johnstone. 

For anyone fearing the suggestions of the likes of Yogi Hughes taking over from Glass to save us from our rapid race towards a relegation battle.

There is a very real chance he could well be a manager Glass is fighting against in a relegation battle.

If that happens then I would have far more faith in Hughes team sending a Glass team down or into play offs to potentially go down.

1 minute ago, cruickc2 said:

Going by your argument you would have sacked Callum Davidson and not given him the time to turn things around?

After all he did lose more games than Glass has in the same period, in his first full season at St Johnstone. 

Glass is going to struggle to match Davidson's double cup win of last season. 

But I take your general point. 

I picked the review at the end of October option which is sufficient time to see if he can get a couple of wins but still early enough to pull the plug if things don't progress. 

Expecting someone to get a season plus if they continue to lose games is completely unrealistic. This is professional sport, nae some private hobby. 

3 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Did Davidson have a big budget & bring in about 10 players with said budget? Does Glass get excused for this reason?

Why defend Glass over Davidson by excusing cup games? Why also compare him to manager of a side with a fractional budget & one that isn’t fully expected to win far more games than they lose.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass is going to struggle to match Davidson's double cup win of last season. 

But I take your general point. 

I picked the review at the end of October option which is sufficient time to see if he can get a couple of wins but still early enough to pull the plug if things don't progress. 

Expecting someone to get a season plus if they continue to lose games is completely unrealistic. This is professional sport, nae some private hobby. 

I agree absolutely, I would like to see him given one more transfer window.

If we were heading for a relegation battle, I think Cormack would open up his wallet and back his man in the window to get the quality we need and should have had already.

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Did Davidson have a big budget & bring in about 10 players with said budget? Does Glass get excused for this reason?

Why defend Glass over Davidson by excusing cup games? Why also compare him to manager of a side with a fractional budget & one that isn’t fully expected to win far more games than they lose.

The only reason I am defending Glass is I remember the instability the club went through from the 90's until we finally stuck with Mcinnes, when no manager was good enough and the fans witch hunted each one in turn until they were sacked, not good times 

I think it was about 13 different managers

5 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

The only reason I am defending Glass is I remember the instability the club went through from the 90's until we finally stuck with Mcinnes, when no manager was good enough and the fans witch hunted each one in turn until they were sacked, not good times 

I remember those times too. 
We had a shite chairman that couldn’t get/buy a decent manager because he had no clue how to.

History of shite doesn’t mean we should settle for more shite. It just means we need to admit fk ups earlier & keep trying to find the solution rather than hope it gets better based on it being shite before. 

In gambling terms this would be called chasing your losses.

So (to be clear) are you saying we should have stuck with any & all those mangers that were ‘witch hunted’ out of the club for also being shite? In hindsight? 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Don’t try to second guess my thoughts. Your hypothetical scenarios are really not worth being a discussion point.

we’ve appointed Glass, I can see an improvement on where we were and as such he deserves more time to improve the results

1 hour ago, cruickc2 said:

I agree absolutely, I would like to see him given one more transfer window.

If we were heading for a relegation battle, I think Cormack would open up his wallet and back his man in the window to get the quality we need and should have had already.

Why on earth would you want to give Glass more money to waste? He's brought in three stinking loanees from England when we already had players at the club who could do just as bad a job as they have. He's signed Jack Gurr. He's brought in Gallagher in defence who never plays (which is a blessing because when he has played he's been rank rotten). He's given new deals to Woods, Devlin, McGinn when he could've used their wages on a couple of guys who would actually play and would improve the team. 

His signings have been awful, and a lot of them don't even fit in with the style of play he's apparently trying to adopt, or the formation. I mean, where does JET play in a 433 formation? Ramirez is a striker who clearly needs a partner alongside him, so why sign him to play a loan striker role? 

By the time we reach the next transfer window he'll be gone anyway - I can't see us picking up any points this month the way things are going, and if we go 13 games without a win there'll be no supporters left in the stadium.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Don’t try to second guess my thoughts. Your hypothetical scenarios are really not worth being a discussion point.

we’ve appointed Glass, I can see an improvement on where we were and as such he deserves more time to improve the results

Is the improvement just on the fact we're getting more possession? And that we seem to be creating more chances than we did under McInnes who was ridiculously defensive? Genuine question... what are the improvements?

I can't really see any signs for optimism this season, other than the emergence of the two young full backs, which may well have happened whether Glass was manager or not. 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

In your opinion.

That’s the beauty of personal opinions. They are yours but if you give them, then you put them out there to be picked apart, or questioned. Tough titties.

imo your opinion is questionable at best. I have seen enough from Glass/Cormacks shambolic & amateur first transfer window & their judgement of what was needed for Scottish football top end to say Glass (especially) needs to be binned. 

These delusional views of ‘improvements’ are very quickly being found out to be a load of shite sold to us by the snake oil salesman by his puppets 

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

In your opinion.

That’s the beauty of personal opinions. They are yours but if you give them, then you put them out there to be picked apart, or questioned. Tough titties.

imo your opinion is questionable at best. I have seen enough from Glass/Cormacks shambolic & amateur first transfer window & their judgement of what was needed for Scottish football top end to say Glass (especially) needs to be binned. 

These delusional views of ‘improvements’ are very quickly being found out to be a load of shite sold to us by the snake oil salesman by his puppets 

No problem with picking apart my opinions, but to do so with the hypothetical bullshit you’re trying is delusional

53 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I doubt many of the Glass oot folk in here go to the games

I do - obviously you're seeing something different if you want him to stay - I see a team of midfielders making zero progress - losing the ball and gifting chances to the opposition who then score. We lose - rinse and repeat. Are Aberdeen winning in your world? Do they have a hand picked squad of winners better than before - each new signing addressing an area of possible need?