292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fair comments.

I also feel slight sympathy for Glass too, although nobody held a Gunn to his head, he could simply have declined the kind offer.

Read his soundbites after yesterday; he’s not enjoying this. We may well beat Dundee in a fortnight but the cracks will only be papered over. He’ll be gone soon enough; him, Russell and Apolloo, mutual consent or some shit. Will all get re-employed at Atlanta. 

Who comes in? No idea. Experience is key. Folk speak about Yogi but very patchy cv. Wants football played the right way but the right way to play football is to WIN. Did well at ICT and County but not at Hibs or in England 

I've never understood this logic. If we win it will paper over the cracks? if we win, it's 3 points and stopped the run of "no wins". That's exactly what we need to happen and want to happen right now.  

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I've never understood this logic. If we win it will paper over the cracks? if we win, it's 3 points and stopped the run of "no wins". That's exactly what we need to happen and want to happen right now.  

And then go on to lose to Sevco, Hibs and Fartz? 

The only reason we’d beat Dundee is cos they are more shit then us.

38 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Maybe you'd prefer we go back to signing the Jeffrey Monaka's, Stephen Gleesons, Chris Forresters, Greg Halfords, Greg Tansays, Nicky Maynards, Alan Tate etc etc etc

McInnes made some dreadful signings too. 

But you're cherry picking there and you know it. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Its a good point and one I commented on at the game.

Samuels and Hayes were knackered, yet we had no real options from the bench.

McLennan came on but he looked far from match fit

McGinn doesn't have the legs to be the wide man anymore

Kennedy is injured

Hedges was ill

For games like yesterday, being able to counter quickly is a huge asset

I didn’t realise Kennedy was injured…I thought he was just completely out of favour 

2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Currently 9th place in the league and 9 games on the bounce without a win and now 4 straight defeats in the league, Dundee could very easily notch up their first league win of the season against us in a couple of weeks time (Griffiths with the winner) then we have a run of Hibs, Huns and diet huns, and after that games we could very easily find ourselves 11th or 12th in the league.

Glass has to go before it is too fcukin late, he is well and truly out of his depth. There is a part of me kind of feels sorry for him as this whole situation is not his fault, it is 100% the fault of Dave fcukin Cormack who should never have appointed Glass in the first place, out of the "hundreds" of supposed top quality "applicants and CV's" the club had for the position, why the fk give the job to Glass? 

The sparkling teeth slippery fish twat should do the right thing and send Glass back to coach his beloved Atlanta reserves or Atlanta youth team, as that is about the right level for Glass.

We need to act now before it is too fkn late, and no I not a pant pisher I am just being realistic.

Yer not wrong min.

An experienced manager, whilst having his core principles, would, on a poor run, send the team out to grind a result to restore team confidence.

Not like our poor lad, who continually backs his tactics in his belief that it will eventually work.

The real question is how long will the egomaniac with the shiny teeth let this shit show continue ?.

Just a wee observation for any "happy clappers" who remain " Glass half full".

With regard the other teams in the bottom six we lost to St Mirren away, lost to St Johnstone at home, beat Livingston rather luckily away, drew late on v Ross County at home and play Dundee on 16th October.

DM had a good few fans fecked off by the end of his tenure but one thing should be noted is his teams consistently hoovered up points against bottom six sides. If we fail to win in two weeks time SG has to go. There is no way that a club with our budget levels should be achieving such dire results.

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

McInnes got plenty advice on exactly where he should go from the Red Shed in the early part of 2020 - has similar advice been given to Glass yet?

To be fair, drawing 0-0 in the latter stages of a Scottish Cup quarter final tie with Killie, and launching into a chorus of “Derek, Derek, get ti fuck” was insane timing from the RedShed.

Was in the RedShed yesterday and zero chants towards Glass, that I heard anyway

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

fit? the only reason we beat most teams is because they are more shit than us. That's how it works. ?‍♂️

Appears to be the case, aye.

A shit Dundee Utd side (at the time anyway) and a flukey win v Livvie, still rooted to the foot of the league 6 weeks later, backs up my point 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I didn’t realise Kennedy was injured…I thought he was just completely out of favour 

On that note (sort of)... what's happened to Ojo? He seemed undroppable for a while and Glass was going on about him like he was the new Zidane or something, and then he wasn't even in the squad yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

To be fair, drawing 0-0 in the latter stages of a Scottish Cup quarter final tie with Killie, and launching into a chorus of “Derek, Derek, get ti fuck” was insane timing from the RedShed.

Was in the RedShed yesterday and zero chants towards Glass, that I heard anyway

The Aberdeen fans way, half take it on the chin and applaud the team, half fire abuse at their own players and manager

Will never change

I honestly can’t see anything happening in the short term regarding Glass. Glass will argue with Cormack that there are 30 league games to go and thus 90 points to play for. He will also argue that the new signings will take time to bed in and that there are lots of positives (Glass’ view) - ie, The performances of Ramsay, in particular and Mackenzie, Ramirez scoring 5 goals already etc. For Cormack to make a change now will be an admission that he made the wrong appointment and he’ll likely stubbornly carry on with the status quo rather than make any changes which in his eyes will make him appear weak to the US investors. Just my opinion, like.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

On that note (sort of)... what's happened to Ojo? He seemed undroppable for a while and Glass was going on about him like he was the new Zidane or something, and then he wasn't even in the squad yesterday. 

Forgot all about him. Says it all I suppose. I am still of the opinion that Glass could make life easier for himself by playing someone properly up front with Ramirez. We are not scoring enough goals to win matches but certainly conceding enough to lose them. Try and score more the the opponent….simple! 

I am edging closer to sacking him, our ball possesion has improved, but it is not being turned into something positive, will time fix this issue, not sure, he does look out his depth.
Calling for him to go if we get beat by Dundee is a bit pant pissy tbh, this was always going to be a transitional season, I guess we have to give it the time.  (convincing myself here)
I would give him until Xmas and then review, but it is not going to happen, he will be given the full season unless we are in serious trouble of going down.
It's a shite state of affairs, I am hoping he turns it around though, I don't want him sacked just yet.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We should just let him continue his disastrous reign and sack him when he has had enough time to ruin everything. What a thought 

Plenty managers have had really crap starts and turned it around, agreed it does look like wishful thinking, but this is where we are, he is not getting moved on unless we are getting dumped out this league.

4 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Plenty managers have had really crap starts and turned it around, agreed it does look like wishful thinking, but this is where we are, he is not getting moved on unless we are getting dumped out this league.

This thought prawcess will have 15,000 season tickets snapped up in no time.

The good thing about the contract Glass is on it’s only a year rolling contract. It doesn’t matter when we sack him…it still costs the same. 

Dave Cormack must be looking at new candidates. He would be a fool not to be.