Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

53 minutes ago, SDY said:

We can't wait long enough for Glass to leave us with no option but a stabilising SPFL manager to take us back just to where McInnes had us. Will set us back years. Get him out now and we can afford to make an ambitious appointment. 

Disco Dave can afford to make an ambitious appointment. He just vastly underestimated the league and hired a very inexperienced management team and a wet behind the ears director of football. 
If he wants to sack Glass and let the applications role in again then all he has to do is ask me to have a look. I am fairly confident I can pick someone better than he and his chums on the board did.

I think it would be better from a PR point of view if Cormack just said of any future appointments, 'I'm appointing who I feel like appointing, again. There's no interview process.'

Rather than lying about all the potential candidates, and claiming Glass was somehow the best of the bunch. 

We're not all fucking idiots, and being treated like we are is a bit annoying, to say the least. 

3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

That's one  of the unique things about the current situation. Glass is so far out of his depth, that people can literally  put forward any name for manager without sounding ridiculous. 

A want in Pedro caixinha and his bushes??

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

They'd both at the very minimum double their current wages. And receive a playing budget they could only currently dream about.

Neither would say no

I doubt they would say no either.

Goodwin would likely relish the pressure of being the next manager following Fergies path from St Mirren. Plus he has a similar attitude, even if a bit nicer/softer

Davidson would likely see that he probably isn’t going to have a better season than he did last season at St’s & his budget probably hasn’t really increased much (if any) even after cup wins & player sales due to covering Covid costs.

Both maybe would prefer a crack down south but I think if we went for either, they would struggle to say no unless they had a decent offer from down south at time.

Not sure which of the two I would prefer in all honesty but my gut says Goodwin. Just because I think he tries to play slightly better football than Davidson & I think him/his attitude combined with Scot Browns would be quite solid mentally 

Goodwin was my pick before Glass anyway & before Davidson had his purple patch (be it an amazing achievement) with St Johnstone in cups.

I think Goodwin is slightly better manager yet still (somewhat) flying under the radar with many

22 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think it would be better from a PR point of view if Cormack just said of any future appointments, 'I'm appointing who I feel like appointing, again. There's no interview process.'

Rather than lying about all the potential candidates, and claiming Glass was somehow the best of the bunch. 

We're not all fucking idiots, and being treated like we are is a bit annoying, to say the least. 

Yeah. 

I think we were all excited for change and accepted he was lying, but with the hope it would work out anyway. 

It isn't/hasn't and he needs called out for it. He's been brilliant for fan engagement etc but the footballing decisions thus far leave a lot to be desired. 

30 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I doubt they would say no either.

Goodwin would likely relish the pressure of being the next manager following Fergies path from St Mirren. Plus he has a similar attitude, even if a bit nicer/softer

Davidson would likely see that he probably isn’t going to have a better season than he did last season at St’s & his budget probably hasn’t really increased much (if any) even after cup wins & player sales due to covering Covid costs.

Both maybe would prefer a crack down south but I think if we went for either, they would struggle to say no unless they had a decent offer from down south at time.

Not sure which of the two I would prefer in all honesty but my gut says Goodwin. Just because I think he tries to play slightly better football than Davidson & I think him/his attitude combined with Scot Browns would be quite solid mentally 

Goodwin was my pick before Glass anyway & before Davidson had his purple patch (be it an amazing achievement) with St Johnstone in cups.

I think Goodwin is slightly better manager yet still (somewhat) flying under the radar with many

Not sure about Goodwin. His first win this season was their Collum induced win against us. (And he signed Curtis Main). 

…. as was St Johnstone’s win against us their first win

… and Celtics win was their first win away in 8 months….

Next up? Dundee… who haven’t won in the league this season.  

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure about Goodwin. His first win this season was their Collum induced win against us. (And he signed Curtis Main). 

…. as was St Johnstone’s win against us their first win

… and Celtics win was their first win away in 8 months….

Next up? Dundee… who haven’t won in the league this season.  

Even still. Lil bit of perspective looking at what is expected from either club.

Goodwin done a decent job on level playing field (similar budgets) before St Mirren took chance on him, got part timers promoted to championship & then kept them there & had a 40% win rate with them & (let’s be honest here) St Mirren are exactly the type of club Main would/should be expected to go to from Motherwell rather than us. They are limited on who they can get & Main was pretty much their limit. Main signing for them is not a big deal but signing for us was a disgrace. I can excuse Goodwin for trying to polish that turd with fk all funds.

St Johnstone lost arguably two of their most influential players & were always going to struggle to replace them on their budgets (we struggle to do same with far bigger budget) the cup record for Davidson probably has him as better than Goodwin at first glance in terms of who’s the better manager but (imo) Goodwin is the better of two but flying under radar 

Guest milne_afc
20 minutes ago, BIG FAN said:

This page should be taken down ,it’s not doing anyone any good.

No way. It highlights the incompetence of DC very well.

Over on Aberdeen Mad rico94:

"Heard today that we are already sounding out other managers about replacing Glass. The experiment will be over soon enough."

"The wheels are in motion already to replace Stephen Glass,it’s likely to be one of your out of work SPFL managers possibly until the end of the season. Most of the players think he’s clueless apparently,including some of the ones he signed."

1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

"Heard today that we are already sounding out other managers about replacing Glass. 

The experiment will be over soon enough."

"The wheels are in motion already to replace Stephen Glass,it’s likely to be one of your out of work SPFL managers possibly until the end of the season.

Most of the players think he’s clueless apparently,including some of the ones he signed."

Temporary appointment might be best in order to avoid Dave making another cluster fuck. 

Just get it done Dave. 

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

"Heard today that we are already sounding out other managers about replacing Glass. The experiment will be over soon enough."

"The wheels are in motion already to replace Stephen Glass,it’s likely to be one of your out of work SPFL managers possibly until the end of the season. Most of the players think he’s clueless apparently,including some of the ones he signed."

Total nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Yogi incoming @milne_afc

though, that's likely to piss off alot of fans 

Sick of hearing the term "The Glass experiment" 

Stephen Glass is an ex Dandy. He's got experience, albeit not a great deal, as a manager. He's experience of the Scottish game in the past. 

An experiment is having some guy on a fucking laptop calling the shots. Or bringing in someone who's had ZERO connections to the Dons, foreign and has no idea about the Scottish game.  Or having joint managers like a team had recently, which I can't remember off the top of my head. 

Teams bring in people like Glass ALL THE FUCKING TIME. 

I'm not saying the above in a "pro Glass" rant, just that it's hardly an "experiment" to bring in ex players who have had a wee bit of managerial experience. In fact, a lot of the time they bring in guys who haven't had ANY management experience, looking at you Rangers. 

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest findlay_1903
59 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Yogi or Pat Nevin are really the only 2 viable options available.

It'll be a Bush/Gore type fight for the head job.

A man after my own heart. Pat nevin could make the red shed explode with noise. 

BHH

DTID

#inpatwetrust

At this point, we need a Callum Davidson or a Jim Goodwin. People we should have sounded out from the start. 

Alex Neil still without a job. 

There are definitely more competent managers out there than Glass, or at least guys with experience of troubling situations.