Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

34 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

A fast wide player who can knock in any kind of ball is an improvement.

Our current wide players include Matty Kennedy, a guy who struggles to even get past his man, and when he does he routinely fails to get in a cross.  He's possibly the least effective wide player we've had since Mackie was employed as ad hoc winger.  Chris Clark was better than Kennedy.

Hayes, who's sitting much too deep to be effective as a persistent attacking threat. 

McGinn, who at this point is little more than emergency backup. 

Hedges, hopefully back soon. But he's not yet. 

McLennan... least said the better. 

Have I missed anyone? Probably, but we're not over-endowed with brilliant wide players right now, so I'll take innacurate crossing over no crossing. 

I’d have Kennedy over Samuels based on what I’ve seen so far. Not exactly blessed with quality either of them though.

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

With all due respect to you lot here. I've forgotten more about football than some of you will ever know. I see the makings of a good manager, had us playing well in Europe, players short on confidence now just need a kickstart, we'll come good.

I find myself completely agreeing with this. We have some quality of squad just now on paper - maybe apart from up front. Theyve thrown a shit load of cash at players this season, which is admirable given the finances overall must have took a fair hit due to covid.

However, this team and Glass have to start proving it soon. It cannot be allowed to go on and on and there will be a pinch point.

No thanks to the likes of John Hughes or Goodwin. We have to have standrards.

Just now, Millertime said:

I know 

Well, apart from Fergusons reign at Man Utd turning round when he realised his number 1 was actually a bag of nerves 

So there's that, a very real comparison 

Saw a stat today that Joe Lewis had the lowest shot to save percentage in the league, something like 55%. 

Mintal

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Woods must be zero % - tims had two attempts Sunday and scored them both ?

Was cringing when the front half of the shed were chanting his name. 

Fair play to them, mid to late teens trying to make an atmosphere, but sometimes the song choice is horrendous. 

Every player doesn't need a song. Especially not these cunts.

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Was cringing when the front half of the shed were chanting his name. 

Fair play to them, mid to late teens trying to make an atmosphere, but sometimes the song choice is horrendous. 

Every player doesn't need a song. Especially not these cunts.

They'll soon get that sort of unwanted enthusiasm crushed. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

They'll soon get that sort of unwanted enthusiasm crushed. 

God knows it's crushed all of us. 

I still join in and sing the ones I feel worthy. 

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

A fast wide player who can knock in any kind of ball is an improvement.

Our current wide players include Matty Kennedy, a guy who struggles to even get past his man, and when he does he routinely fails to get in a cross.  He's possibly the least effective wide player we've had since Mackie was employed as ad hoc winger.  Chris Clark was better than Kennedy.

Hayes, who's sitting much too deep to be effective as a persistent attacking threat. 

McGinn, who at this point is little more than emergency backup. 

Hedges, hopefully back soon. But he's not yet. 

McLennan... least said the better. 

Have I missed anyone? Probably, but we're not over-endowed with brilliant wide players right now, so I'll take innacurate crossing over no crossing. 

Samuel Austin is probably on a par with McLennan. Both are fast headless chickens with little footballing ability or intelligence. Occassionally something comes off for them and they look amazing, but 9 times out of 10 they will run the ball straight off the pitch, trip over their own feet, or balloon a cross out of play or way over everyone's head. Makes his signing a bit pointless, as we already have someone with exactly the same skillset at the club.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but you're making out that we're unlucky. 

If teams were scoring flukey deflections I might agree with you. 

But we're practically letting them walk the ball into our net. 

At which point did I say the goals were lucky. Think I mentioned the word mistake a few times.
If I thought we were unlucky I’d have said that but what I did say was cut the mistakes out is the first thing they have to do. 

What a bloody mess. The club have just annouched that they expect less than 10,000 attendees at the Hibs and Hearts games so won't need to do checks as it falls below 10,000. These are games we should have at least 15,000 at. Is this a statement to appease fans and actually get them attending or we actually expecting less than 10,000 people? 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

What a bloody mess. The club have just annouched that they expect less than 10,000 attendees at the Hibs and Hearts games so won't need to do checks as it falls below 10,000. These are games we should have at least 15,000 at. Is this a statement to appease fans and actually get them attending or we actually expecting less than 10,000 people? 

We had a spell there where we acted like a big club but this is embarassing.